Page 356 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 41810
    Great news y’all.
    There’s a cure for RatFlu.
    It’s bear shit.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...d19-treatment/

lets pray this thing away, yall.

I posted a few days ago about a symptomatic physician in my wife's group being tested last Saturday. Today is day seven and still no result. A physician, who could be seeing patients, cannot get a test result in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    I'm a bit surprised its that low. There's about a 0% chance a week long stay in ICU can be had for anywhere close to 20k.
    The figures that were quoted and presented in the article are the COMBINED copays of the employee and employer. I don't know what is average for copays, but my employee covers 80%. These figures are also national averages and I am guessing include a lot of high deductible plans and really shitty coverage with high copays and low employer contributions.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I posted a few days ago about a symptomatic physician in my wife's group being tested last Saturday. Today is day seven and still no result. A physician, who could be seeing patients, cannot get a test result in a week.
    That's criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm so curious to see how this all shakes out on so many levels. Break us? Possibly...

Or come over here to NY where the stores are quiet and well stocked again. I was amazed at how few people were in the market in Yorktown yesterday and the meat dept was fully stocked.
    Other than the stir crazy aspect of lock-down, for the most part we are doing okay (for those of us who are fortunate enough to not be sick) here in the NYC suburbs.
    I would say far from chaos at this point, more like a ghost town.
    Then again residents of my town are not restaurant or hotel workers or the like and can work from home.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Great news y’all.
    There’s a cure for RatFlu.
    It’s bear shit.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...d19-treatment/
    Oh great. More rich chinese paying large sums of money for small parts of bears. Poachers rejoice.

Also...they have bear shit farms? Disease is a problem at said farms apparently. When does the countdown start for the next epidemic to start in china?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Just back from the store. 1st visit in over a week.

Lots of empty shelves but not a catastrophe. I got most of what I needed except for Yeast.

Maybe 90 people inside, 3 wearing masks, checkers without gloves, pretty decent distancing but some people still don't give you any room.

Watched a guy handle every head of Iceberg before making his choice. I hate iceberg so no biggie.

Talked with a client as an indicator of what our shelter in place order means. For construction, deemed an essential activity so I go to work on Monday like a normal day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I cannot keep up with this thread, so sorry if this has been posted already.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...dy?language=en
    I remember seeing that awhile back and then you keep hearing Trump talk about how no one couldaknowd. Wish he would get more direct push back at those daily briefings when he keeps saying that.

The follow-up interview with Bill is pretty good too, but long.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...ce=tedcomshare

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Or come over here to NY where the stores are quiet and well stocked again. I was amazed at how few people were in the market in Yorktown yesterday and the meat dept was fully stocked.
    It's nearly impossible to order groceries to get delivered online.
    I hear the store shopping is so much easier which we can't do right now.
    We are good for another couple weeks but after that, either online order should easy up or we'll need help.
    I would love to be able to get out and shop myself by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Talked with a client as an indicator of what our shelter in place order means. For construction, deemed an essential activity so I go to work on Monday like a normal day.
    It's a shame and downright irresponsible to see Montana going in that direction. I'm glad Washington and several other states have decided differently. Unless you're building a hospital, wastewater treatment plant or other piece of health/safety/utility infrastructure, your work isn't essential in any way, shape or form. The shutdown of residential and commercial construction was late in coming, but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's a shame and downright irresponsible to see Montana going in that direction. I'm glad Washington and several other states have decided differently. Unless you're building a hospital, wastewater treatment plant or other piece of health/safety/utility infrastructure, your work isn't essential in any way, shape or form. The shutdown of residential and commercial construction was late in coming, but better late than never.
    Agreed...mostly. Only worry is we fall into total economic collapse and are left with thousands of unfinished projects that sit and rot over the next 5 years.

Not just economic collapse, the way a lot of projects are financed forces somewhat stringent timelines. Once stopped, makes it difficult to restart. If that's what it takes to protect workers then that's what it takes but stopping for too long can be tantamount to abandoning.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    . . . and are left with thousands of unfinished projects that sit and rot over the next 5 years.
    WA governor's order allows work necessary to avoid spoliation

Agreed...mostly. Only worry is we fall into total economic collapse and are left with thousands of unfinished projects that sit and rot over the next 5 years.
    It'll look like Jamaica and Mexico!

NTTAWWT.

True, and every market is different, but out here where there are still bidding wars over million dollar homes despite the "stay at home" order, the cookie-cutter 750k-1.2M McMansions that represent the majority of the construction in my jurisdiction are going to sell even if those sites are shut down for 2 or 4 or 6 weeks.

The prevalence of the tech sector in this region means that we aren't seeing the loss of productivity that many areas are as a result of the stay at home/shelter in place orders. That's just my at best modestly educated opinion, but I think greater pugetopolis will weather this better than most areas given the percentage of the workforce that can continue to work under the restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Coyotes are being seen on the empty streets of San Francisco
    https://www.sfgate.com/living-in-sf/...photo-19216689

We see them pretty regularly already. Now they just don’t have to worry about getting smacked by a car

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    We see them pretty regularly already. Now they just don’t have to worry about getting smacked by a car
    This. Saw them about once a week when we ran/biked the panhandle, Presidio, etc. in the 90's.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Herbsteit predicting no NCAA and NFL this fall.

Oh great. More rich chinese paying large sums of money for small parts of bears. Poachers rejoice.

Also...they have bear shit farms? Disease is a problem at said farms apparently. When does the countdown start for the next epidemic to start in china?
    Just as likely to start in a poultry farm in the good ol' USA.... or maybe one of the pig farms down the road from me in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    Just as likely to start in a poultry farm in the good ol' USA.... or maybe one of the pig farms down the road from me in NC.
    Well, obviously the solution is to pump ALL the wildlife everywhere with antibiotics

BRILLIANT!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

ya know these are viruses right?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Sounds like my is resort. Owned by Vail. But maybe the sell it off this spring. One can hope for silver linings

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Though Hawk Hill isn't really in The City.