Page 341 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I been hearing on CBC ever buddy from Newyawk is headed for Florida, the state was not really taking Covid serious any how, so maybe look for big numbers from Florida
    Man Florida would get crushed if this starts ravaging that state. We would get a million deaths from FL alone..

Exclamation Good News: 130M more Plaquenil doses! Bad news: Nevada Governor bans its use!

First, an important note: chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) are not the same drug! Chloroquine is a malaria preventative and treatment, Plaquenil is used as a second-line immunomodulator for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and some other autoimmune diseases. (And neither one is the same as fish tank cleaner labeled "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.")

The SARS research and early Chinese trial was doen on chloroquine. The Italian trial, and the New York doctor's protocol that everyone is talking about, uses Plaquenil. In vitro (that means "in a lab vessel, not in people") Plaquenil is stronger against coronavirus. It also has fewer side effects, and a higher LD-50 relative to dosage. I talked about this in more detail here.

====

Now, some good news!

Novartis commits to donate up to 130 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to support the global COVID-19 pandemic response
    https://www.novartis.com/news/media-...demic-response
    tl;dr Novartis has 50 million doses of Plaquenil in stock. They will make 80 million more by the end of May. They will donate all 130 million doses to the worldwide anti-Covid-19 effort.

====

Of course, the governor of Nevada is a Democrat, which means NO LIFESAVING MEDICINE FOR YOU! YOU WILL DIE TO OWN #ORANGEMAN

Full text of proclamation here:
    https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/wp-c...acy-drugs_.pdf
    and also https://twitter.com/GovSisolak/statu...620321280?s=20
    "The regulation prohibits the prescribing and dispensing of chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires an ICD-10 code on prescriptions for the drugs, and limits the prescription amount to the 30-day supply for the drugs."

Dying of Covid-19? No lifesaving medicine for you, under any circumstances! See any exceptions? No, because there aren't any.

(By the way, this is also illegal, according to the Supreme Court. Massachusetts tried it in 2014.)
    https://docs.justia.com/cases/federa...1689/159783/26

Of course, if you read the actual request from the NV State Pharmacy board, they didn't ask for a full ban at all. They asked for it to be only prescribed to hospital inpatients for Covid-19 cases because they're worried about supply.
    https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/wp-c...regulation.pdf
    "The provisions of this emergency regulation do not apply to a chart order for an inpatient in and institutional setting..."

To forestall the obvious, this is NOT the emergency order itself - it's the REQUEST from the Pharmacy Board for one. It's also arguably stupid - people who could easily recover at home, with the aid of medication, will be forced into inpatient care, taking up hospital beds and costing them thousands of dollars in order to get $10 worth of medication. And the consequences of the worst case - a few RA patients missing a week or two of meds and possibly dealing with more pain, versus people potentially dying of Covid-19 or leaving them with compromised lung function for life - seem out of whack here. But it's at least a theoretically defensible position to take.

After being dragged by everyone on the Internet with a working brain, Governor Sisolak woke up the next morning and pretended that's what he meant all along. He even quotes the Pharmacy Board request letter - as if his own emergency proclamation from the night before didn't say exactly the opposite!

Congratulations, Nevada! If you get Covid-19 and want access to Plaquenil, better stock up on fish tank cleaner, because it's the only way you'll get any for under $2500!

(Disclaimer: I AM JOKING. DO NOT INGEST FISH TANK CLEANER. IT WILL NOT CURE CORONAVIRUS AND YOU WILL LIKELY DIE. Drive to California or Utah and get medication there, prescribed by a medical professional.)

====

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

That's a funny thing for a "Trumptard" to say.
    Last edited by Spats; 03-25-2020 at 10:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add link "more detail here", added!

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    First, an important note: chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) are not the same drug! Chloroquine is a malaria preventative and treatment, Plaquenil is used as a second-line immunomodulator for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and some other autoimmune diseases. (And neither one is the same as fish tank cleaner labeled "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.")

The SARS research and early Chinese trial was doen on chloroquine. The Italian trial, and the New York doctor's protocol that everyone is talking about, uses Plaquenil. In vitro (that means "in a lab vessel, not in people") Plaquenil is stronger against coronavirus. It also has fewer side effects, and a higher LD-50 relative to dosage. I talked about this in more detail here.

====

Now, some good news!

Novartis commits to donate up to 130 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to support the global COVID-19 pandemic response
    tl;dr Novartis has 50 million doses of Plaquenil in stock. They will make 80 million more by the end of May. They will donate all 130 million doses to the worldwide anti-Covid-19 effort.

====

Of course, the governor of Nevada is a Democrat, which means NO LIFESAVING MEDICINE FOR YOU! YOU WILL DIE TO OWN #ORANGEMAN

"The regulation prohibits the prescribing and dispensing of chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires an ICD-10 code on prescriptions for the drugs, and limits the prescription amount to the 30-day supply for the drugs."

Dying of Covid-19? No lifesaving medicine for you, under any circumstances! See any exceptions? No, because there aren't any.

(By the way, this is also illegal, according to the Supreme Court. Massachusetts tried it in 2014.)

Of course, if you read the actual request from the NV State Pharmacy board, they didn't ask for a full ban at all. They asked for it to be only prescribed to hospital inpatients for Covid-19 cases because they're worried about supply.
    "The provisions of this emergency regulation do not apply to a chart order for an inpatient in and institutional setting..."

To forestall the obvious, this is NOT the emergency order itself - it's the REQUEST from the Pharmacy Board for one. It's also arguably stupid - people who could easily recover at home, with the aid of medication, will be forced into inpatient care, taking up hospital beds and costing them thousands of dollars in order to get $10 worth of medication. And the consequences of the worst case - a few RA patients missing a week or two of meds and possibly dealing with more pain, versus people potentially dying of Covid-19 or leaving them with compromised lung function for life - seem out of whack here. But it's at least a theoretically defensible position to take.

After being dragged by everyone on the Internet with a working brain, Governor Sisolak woke up the next morning and pretended that's what he meant all along. He even quotes the Pharmacy Board request letter - as if his own emergency proclamation from the night before didn't say exactly the opposite!

Congratulations, Nevada! If you get Covid-19 and want access to Plaquenil, better stock up on fish tank cleaner, because it's the only way you'll get any for under $2500!

(Disclaimer: I AM JOKING. DO NOT INGEST FISH TANK CLEANER. IT WILL NOT CURE CORONAVIRUS AND YOU WILL LIKELY DIE. Drive to California or Utah and get medication there, prescribed by a medical professional.)

====

"Fuck. You." -seano732

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

Holy crap. Are you my wife?
    She is locked into the same news feed

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Man Florida would get crushed if this starts ravaging that state. We would get a million deaths from FL alone..
    That cruise ship has sailed, way too late
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That cruise ship has sailed, way too late
    The ship sailed globally in mid-Jan. Almost everyone is going to catch it, the question is when in the next 12 months.

The other question is at what cost. We'll be at 30Trillion and counting by June.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Holy crap. Are you my wife?
    She is locked into the same news feed

A new study indicates Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus is no more effective than conventional care. Hopefully we see better results with more research, but it’s disappointing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9426366.html

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    NY state has twice the population as Lombardi. Wouldnt common sense expect the total deaths to be double?
    No, don't think that follows. I would think population density would be a more reasonable metric for comparison than total population.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A new study indicates Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus is no more effective than conventional care. Hopefully we see better results with more research, but it’s disappointing.

you don't think trump just pulled that out of his ass cuz he had nothing else to offer ?

Interesting guy on the bbc. Says we have wipe it out in the third world or it will just circle back to us.

I hope everyone did their traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

you don't think trump just pulled that out of his ass cuz he had nothing else to offer ?
    I think it's a strategy. President Trump is branding himself as the open things back up miracle cure guy not the take responsibility for the failed response guy. That's for the governors and public health offcials, they're the ones he wants us to blame.

It doesn't specifically matter if Hydroxychloroquine works, just that he's associated himself with a medical breakthrough. Down the road the details won't mater and it doesn't matter if a breakthrough comes from a lab overseas or here in America he's the guy who "told you so."

I think it's a strategy. President Trump is branding himself as the open things back up miracle cure guy not the take responsibility for the failed response guy. That's for the governors and scientists, they're the ones he blames.

It doesn't specifically matter if Hydroxychloroquine works, just that he's associated himself with a medical breakthrough. It doesn't matter if the breakthrough comes from a lab overseas or here in America, he's the guy who "told you so."
    Yeah, like how Bunny does the opposite all the time with his chicken little routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Interesting guy on the bbc. Says we have wipe it out in the third world or it will just circle back to us.

I hope everyone did their traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Circle back to us? How are we any less threat to them than they are to us? It's not going away here
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I like the way you frame it as a personal problem, something that hinges on your little moods...much more convincing that way.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Framed it as Personal problem? Tell me you cocksucker...
    I posted a link to an Italian sports story.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Circle back to us? How are we any less threat to them than they are to us? It's not going away here
    I think the point is it can always come back as long and it's active somewhere around the globe.

If you think about it this is really a very black and white issue. In lieu of some kind of effective treatment or vaccine the only way to prevent the spread of the virus is to physically separate people. As they say, it ain't rocket science.

Agreed, if the numbers pan out then it is reassuring for those of us in low risk groups who also have access to emergency care should the need arise. Heart and lung damage is still a concern for survivors and it's a miserable trip for the symptomatic regardless, even for so called "mild" cases:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/m...us-family.html
    After reading that^^^ NYT mag account of a woman tending to her infected husband, I have to ask a question that has been gnawing at me for a few days. I keep reading that people should take NSAIDS to keep their temperature down. Is there any chance a 103-degree fever would burn the virus off faster? I ask because I've burned through some wicked shit almost hitting the dead zone on some wickedly high temps. But it seemed to expedite my victory over whatever the fuck I had. I haven't heard any anecdotal evidence that it helps in the many accounts I've read from both ends of the thermometer.

Name:  Donald bunny.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  78.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's Benny!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Holy crap. Tool is relevant again. And interesting.
    Long in tooth and soul
    Longing for another win
    Lurch into the fray
    Weapon out and belly in
    Warrior struggling
    To remain consequential
    Bellow aloud
    Bold and proud
    Of where I've been
    But here I am
    Beating chest and drums
    Beating tired bones again
    Age-old battle, mine
    Weapon out and belly in
    Tales told of battles won
    Of things we've done
    Caligula would grin
    Beating tired bones
    Tripping through remember when
    Once invincible
    Now the armor's wearing thin
    Heavy shield down
    Warrior struggling
    To remain relevant
    Warrior struggling
    To remain consequential
    Cry aloud
    Bold and proud
    Of where I've been
    But here I am
    Where I end
    Warrior struggling
    To remain relevant
    Warrior struggling
    To remain consequential
    Tears in my eyes
    Chasing Ponce de Leon's phantom
    So filled with hope
    I can…

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-...rump-1.5510329

Pompeo is insisting that Covid-19 be refered to as the wuhan virus

Funny. Kinda. Not really. I heard the doctors in NV had scripted most available stock of chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine out to themselves and family members so they would have what was available in case it actually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think the point is it can always come back as long and it's active somewhere around the globe.

If you think about it this is really a very black and white issue. In lieu of some kind of effective treatment or vaccine the only way to prevent the spread of the virus is to physically separate people. As they say, it ain't rocket science.
    it's endemic to the human population now. It isn't going away without a vaccine
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    After reading that^^^ NYT mag account of a woman tending to her infected husband, I have to ask a question that has been gnawing at me for a few days. I keep reading that people should take NSAIDS to keep their temperature down. Is there any chance a 103-degree fever would burn the virus off faster? I ask because I've burned through some wicked shit almost hitting the dead zone on some wickedly high temps. But it seemed to expedite my victory over whatever the fuck I had. I haven't heard any anecdotal evidence that it helps in the many accounts I've read from both ends of the thermometer.
    Like you, I'm in the let it ride camp but that might not be a good idea with COVID-19. FWIW, Aspirin might be safer than NSAIDs but at this point it's all uncharted territory and from what I've read medical opinion is split.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4703655/

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post

====

Now, some good news!

====

====

"Fuck. You." -seano732

Holy shit dude. As a lurker here, please be quiet and let the adults speak.. Thank you, that is all

Free fall through our midnight
    This epilogue of our own fable
    Heedless in our slumber
    Floating nescient we
    Free fall through this boundlessness
    This madness
    Of our own making
    Falling isn't flying
    Floating isn't infinite
    Come, our end, suddenly
    All hail our lethargy
    Concede suddenly
    To the quickened dissolution
    Pray we mitigate the ruin
    Calling all to arms and order
    Drifting through this boundlessness
    This madness of our own making
    Sound our dire reveille
    Rouse all from our apathy
    Lest we
    Cease to be
    Stir us from our
    Wanton slumber
    Mitigate our ruin
    Call us all to arms and order
    Sound the dread alarm
    Through our primal…

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Haven't seen him in person in a long time, but he's been posting on FB and seems fine.

Thanks. Please tell him I said we could use some Bondo pencil sketches to get us through these dark times. But best wishes either way.