Page 339 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Jeffrey Shaman of Columbia University. "..Based on a study of 375 cities in China... 86% of cases were undocumented...-asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms". https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abb3221

So no not made-up just rounded Down at every possible scenario to present the Worst Case.
    Your number are made up. Not only does your source not say there's only a 20% symptomatic rate, but undocumented and mild is not the same thing as asymptomatic which you've attempted to lump together into your "asymptomatic" category.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    WRT the flu vs COVID-19 death rate from the previous page: the CDC death rate for influenze is Symptomatic Illnesses / Deaths = ~.01%.

So comparing asymptomatic COVID-19 with symptomatic flu doesn't make sense when there haven't been any serosurveys or serial viral shedding studies for COVID-19. Maybe most of the COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic or maybe asymptomatic numbers are false positives because tests can also pick up people who have been in contact with an infected person.

Comparing apples to apples, which for now may well make more sense, according to the latest research people with COVID-19 symptoms in Wuhan China had a 1.4% death rate. That's 140 times the symptomatic death rate of the flu.

https://files.springernature.com/get...7ffaQiUg%3D%3D

That makes no sense either.

-comparing a flu that's created herd immunity over the last 20,000 years death rates with a novel one.

There's lots of positive to glean from it.

330M x 60% (expected infection rate) x 20% (symptomatic rate) x 15% (hospitalization rate) x 20% (ventilator rate). x 50% (fatality rate)

= slightly under 1% of the pop or as the UK (based on the Imperial College Report) said 0.5 to 1%. Cross-reference that across age and health and unless you have coronary heart disease, diabetes or kidney issues and are over 60 your chance of dying is slightly higher than dying from falling on steps.
    and carry the 1..............

Yup, checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Your number are made up. Your source does not say there's only a 20% symptomatic rate.

False its an estimation. Based upon a mathematically sound model inference.

So yes my 80% is made up. The best number we have is 6% lower.

False its an estimation. Based upon a mathematically sound model inference.

That makes no sense either.

-comparing a flu that's created herd immunity over the last 20,000 years death rates with a novel one.
    1) No, you made the number up. Your quote includes mild cases which by definition includes symptoms. That's also true for some % of undocumented. You are trying to lump mild and undocumented together with asymptomatic. Those are three separate categories.

2) Then you along with all the other "no worse than the flu" homers should stop making that comparison.

In the U.S. the influenza fatality rate for Deaths / Symptomatic Illnesses = ~0.1%.

In Wuhan China the COVID-19 fatality rate for Deaths / Symptomatic Illnesses = ~1.4%.

That's an enormous difference.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 03-25-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is the ranting of a dangerously unhinged individual.

Of course he has said and done so many things where I've said "That's it. No one can possibly support him now!" and I've been wrong every time so far.
    I was talking to my truptard Mom this morning and I mentioned that this will be over when it is over, not Easter.

She said she saw the interview and then she used the phrase: “What he meant was...”

They use this a lot. “Oh, he just meant that it’d be great if it was over by Easter.” “What he meant was he hoped it would be over by then.”
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Jeffrey Shaman of Columbia University. "..Based on a study of 375 cities in China... 86% of cases were undocumented...-asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms". https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abb3221

So no not made-up just rounded Down at every possible scenario to present the Worst Case.
    whoa whoa whoa. That doesn't say only 20% are symptomatic, it say undocumented, asymptomatic, OR mild symptoms accounted for 86% of the cases. That was also prior Jan 23 in China, and before travel restrictions and wide spread rtPCR testing were introduced. It's actually says that early on in Wuhan outbreak prior to Jan 23, these cases were 86% of the infections, and after testing and restrictions were implemented, that undocumented and asymptomatic cases dropped to 35%.

Iceland tested 1,800 and found 1 asymptomatic on the low end.

The Diamond Princess had 18% asymptomatic rate.

SK has done extensive contact tracing and more per capita testing than any other country and their asymptomatics are 10-20%. On the high end I'm seeing estimates like 30% in China, some est as 40-50% but nothing to suggest only 1/5 or less have symptoms.

80% mild or moderate infection does not mean only 20% symptomatic.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I was talking to my truptard Mom this morning and I mentioned that this will be over when it is over, not Easter.

She said she saw the interview and then she used the phrase: “What he meant was...”

They use this a lot. “Oh, he just meant that it’d be great if it was over by Easter.” “What he meant was he hoped it would be over by then.”
    It really is like a different language.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    whoa whoa whoa. That doesn't say only 20% are symptomatic, it say undocumented, asymptomatic, OR mild symptoms accounted for 86% of the cases. That was also prior Jan 23 in China, and before travel restrictions and wide spread rtPCR testing were introduced. It's actually says that early on in Wuhan outbreak prior to Jan 23, these cases were 86% of the infections, and after testing and restrictions were implemented, that undocumented and asymptomatic cases dropped to 35%.

SK has done extensive contact tracing and more per capita testing than any other country and their asymptomatics are 10-20%. On the high end I'm seeing estimates like 30% in China, some est as 40-50% but nothing to suggest only 1/5 or less have symptoms.

hey, Deebased, in case you haven't been paying attention, the guy replying to you does this for a living.

Edit: to make it clear my comment is to Deebased not MoFro.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    They did elect Obama twice...
    I'd sure take him now. Or Jr. or Bubba. Or hell, even you, and I don't know you.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Well anyone doing that is in the dumbass category as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. But unfortunately they take up a hospital bed and are vectors.

Your number are made up. Not only does your source not say there's only a 20% symptomatic rate, but undocumented and mild is not the same thing as asymptomatic which you've attempted to lump together into your "asymptomatic" category.
    No wonder you're consistently wrong about EVERYTHING.

First of all I stated "86% of cases were undocumented...-asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms"

since you've made it your life choice to out stupid the deplorable the "or" combines two categories as one.

So please continue the hysteria, but add a point of introspection...How are you profiting off it?

1) No, you made the number up. Your quote includes mild cases which by definition includes symptoms. That's also true for some % of undocumented. You are trying to lump mild and undocumented together with asymptomatic. Those are three separate categories.

2) Then you along with all the other "no worse than the flu" homers should stop making that comparison.

In the U.S. the influenza fatality rate for Deaths / Symptomatic Illnesses = ~0.1%.

In Wuhan China the COVID-19 fatality rate for Deaths / Symptomatic Illnesses = ~1.4%.

That's an enormous difference.
    Tell me is the average life span * .1%. greater or less than 1.4%.

I have very little memory of the actual Reagan Presidency, but I have read about it.
    He is the president that said trees cause air pollution.. and denied the aids crisis...quite the idiot...thats why conservatives love him

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

All good points except undocumented included mild symptoms and asymptomatic. The 86% was based on 6 model state variables "(the average latent period, the average duration of infection, the transmission reduction factor for undocumented infections, the transmission rate for documented infections; the fraction of documented infections, and the travel multiplicative factor)"..

People asked where I got the #. I shared the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, actually, good point. The same population that gave Obama two terms voted for Trump. Don't forget that.

So Bernie's constant attacks right up to Election Day 2016 had no effect on media coverage or voter turnout in Hillary Clinton's 3 million vote victory? Then why is Bernie still in the race when he has no chance?

Polyass Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    He is the president that said trees cause air pollution.. and denied the aids crisis...quite the idiot...thats why conservatives love him

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, and Obama said there were 57 states. So what! You can't discount 8 years of a presidency based on one or even a handful of stupid statements. If you do, you're the idiot!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Then why is Bernie still in the race when he has no chance?
    He's hoping Biden is gonna die of the Covid?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Raygun...the originator of the space force...senile (yet charismatic) complete twat.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    hey, Deebased, in case you haven't been paying attention, the guy replying to you does this for a living.

Edit: to make it clear my comment is to Deebased not MoFro.
    People believe, espouse and repeat dumb shit all day long in every industry.

We all have a vested interest in short term "the sky is falling" narratives if it keeps our DNA strands replicating and safe.

Are the red hatters still arguing this is no worse than the flu?

Comparing a flu to pneumonia is so trumptardian

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Are the red hatters still arguing this is no worse than the flu?

Comparing a flu to pneumonia is so trumptardian
    Are people still making that argument? That's fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2SdEpHjrjw

Way worse in the short term 12 months.
    Way less in the long term 18+mo

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    He's hoping Biden is gonna die of the Covid?
    Bernie's too much of a narcissist to think he can ever get it...So you're probably right. He should do rallies, BTW.

I have very little memory of the actual Reagan Presidency, but I have read about it.
    I recall reagon. He released all the mental wards somthe government could save money. Yeah, that guy was great for America. As long as you were rich and white. Good fellow.