Page 330 of 780 FirstFirst ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 19498
  1. #8226
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,870
    How is your county doing on social distancing? Here's your cell GPS data. Will take someone with tech knowledge to understand where the data derives. Maybe it's an app?

    https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard

  2. #8227
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On the field
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wonder how the old lady is doing.
    You must be around 70
    Make sure you disinfect the keyboard
    We donít want to lose a legend

  3. #8228
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    'We win': Trump appears to claim victory over coronavirus as US death toll jumps 129 in one day
    Mission Accomplished

  4. #8229
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How is your county doing on social distancing? Here's your cell GPS data. Will take someone with tech knowledge to understand where the data derives. Maybe it's an app?

    https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard
    Just apple watching you

  5. #8230
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Commiestan
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    India and other 3rd world countries are going to be decimated. I'm more worried about them than us to be honest.
    They tend to have younger populations so have that going for them. We might have 'the best health care in the world' but all bets are off given the health of the average 'Mercan will overload the system. The South will be decimated. I'm more worried about us than them to be honest.

  6. #8231
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    cutting salary in half but hours by 100%? if you dont mind me sounding a little presidential, I'd say you just got a big, beautiful raise!
    Oh no no...50% cut in hours too. Which makes sense for people in the office, but not so much for the field. Our job isnít dictated by any clock.

  7. #8232
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    India on lock down. Police beating people with sticks who violate the curfew.


    They’ve got a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Some here would call that positive progress. Hopefully they have some tanks they could drive down streets and start running people over that don't listen. Fuck freedoms and the millions who have died for it...let's squash it all in the name of this pandemic!

    Is this all very real and very serious? Obviously, but we have now added another casualty to the list that had previously included physical health, mental health and economic destruction. We now are at risk of willingly handing over our rights. Yay.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  8. #8233
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    11,776
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Where does that come from? It doesn't jibe with the info on worldometers, although it could just have to do with the time of day they reset.
    ncov2019.live scrapes news, the national disease centers, JHSU, WHO and updates real time. It's one of many sources which now does so

  9. #8234
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    40,985
    Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    You must be around 70
    Make sure you disinfect the keyboard
    We donít want to lose a legend
    How's your life stuck in your ugly house with your ugly family and no job? You're on your way to mug shot ville, I'll bet.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  10. #8235
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,295
    Well shit, I think I lost a friend to the virus recently. I had a tele-appt with my cardiologist this morning and he begged me not to go out anymore. Apparently he lost a patient that was a mt biker a few weeks ago, the guy couldn't get tested because it wasn't important yet and since there's no antibody test they can't prove it was Covid 19 but, all the signs were there. They did do an autopsy and his lungs were ravaged with fibrosis but so were two of the arteries around his heart, one is the same artery that I have a 70% blockage in and the other I have a 30% block in. He was pretty adamant about me staying away from all people, even said that if my wife goes out to go to the supermarket that I should move out and find another place to live. I was like where, the car? WTF... I was wondering why this person had stopped posting and wasn't showing up in pics from people that are out riding, I think I know now

  11. #8236
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,870
    Here's your at-home serologic test rolling out in UK. This is a SMART move. Why the fuck aren't we doing this in the US? IgM to show active and early infection (innate response) and IgG to show adaptive response and presumably protection. It will not directly measure if someone is infectious, but that data might be inferred from the timing of symptoms. The data set generated will be invaluable.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...le-within-days

  12. #8237
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Amazing he was still doing events as late as March 12th. Shows how fucking stupid this has all been.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Weren't they still talking about "taking it on the chin" on March 12th?

  13. #8238
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    40,985
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well shit, I think I lost a friend to the virus recently. I had a tele-appt with my cardiologist this morning and he begged me not to go out anymore. Apparently he lost a patient that was a mt biker a few weeks ago, the guy couldn't get tested because it wasn't important yet and since there's no antibody test they can't prove it was Covid 19 but, all the signs were there. They did do an autopsy and his lungs were ravaged with fibrosis but so were two of the arteries around his heart, one is the same artery that I have a 70% blockage in and the other I have a 30% block in. He was pretty adamant about me staying away from all people, even said that if my wife goes out to go to the supermarket that I should move out and find another place to live. I was like where, the car? WTF... I was wondering why this person had stopped posting and wasn't showing up in pics from people that are out riding, I think I know now
    Wow. Stay safe man.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  14. #8239
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,462
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Weren't they still talking about "taking it on the chin" on March 12th?
    People were hoarding toilet paper march 12, and heís hosting a party for international travelers?

    Iím call this the ďreckoningĒ.

    All stupidity collapses.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #8240
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    19,676
    Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    They tend to have younger populations so have that going for them.
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.

  16. #8241
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    40,985
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.
    One wonders if half the population even is aware of what's going on.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  17. #8242
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,756
    Apparently Melanzana, the trendy CO sweatshirt company, is getting material from local health organizations to sew up masks. How much more trendy can that be?

  18. #8243
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    2,289
    Originally Posted by bennymac
    'We win': Trump appears to claim victory over coronavirus as US death toll jumps 129 in one day
    The UK seems to agree with Trump. Or as this is almost a week old, I'd guess it's Trump who's agreeing with those trendsetting Brits.

    As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

  19. #8244
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well shit, I think I lost a friend to the virus recently. I had a tele-appt with my cardiologist this morning and he begged me not to go out anymore. Apparently he lost a patient that was a mt biker a few weeks ago, the guy couldn't get tested because it wasn't important yet and since there's no antibody test they can't prove it was Covid 19 but, all the signs were there. They did do an autopsy and his lungs were ravaged with fibrosis but so were two of the arteries around his heart, one is the same artery that I have a 70% blockage in and the other I have a 30% block in. He was pretty adamant about me staying away from all people, even said that if my wife goes out to go to the supermarket that I should move out and find another place to live. I was like where, the car? WTF... I was wondering why this person had stopped posting and wasn't showing up in pics from people that are out riding, I think I know now
    Your cardiologist probably told this outright, as your post implies, but just in case: COVID-19 is particularly bad for people with heart issues.

    Fast abnormal heart rhythms were responsible for just under 50% of patients being admitted to the ICU in China and signs of cardiac damage appeared in 60% of those who died versus 1% who survived.

  20. #8245
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Apparently Melanzana, the trendy CO sweatshirt company, is getting material from local health organizations to sew up masks. How much more trendy can that be?
    Only one catch, they will have to pick them up in person in Leadville.

  21. #8246
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.
    If the virus doesn't get them, the resulting economic collapse probably will. A morbid thought, but the total death toll after all is said and done will be staggering. Just have to hope the drop in industrial pollution will offset the final tally some.

  22. #8247
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,462
    Cuomo is amazing, he doesnít share the stage with any health official, and now heís plugging his Dad.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #8248
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,756
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Only one catch, they will have to pick them up in person in Leadville.
    And show local ID

  24. #8249
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,449
    Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Thatís funny
    But youíre still an asshole
    All alone in your little condo. With no real friends or family to help you
    At least you have your internet buddies
    Epic
    Ski
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  25. #8250
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,202
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    If the virus doesn't get them, the resulting economic collapse probably will. A morbid thought, but the total death toll after all is said and done will be staggering. Just have to hope the drop in industrial pollution will offset the final tally some.
    How mobile and accessible are those remote poor populations? It's not like New York, Italy, and Spain full of global tourists and travellers. If it is contained in the large cities it might not hit the countryside. It's not widespread in USA flyover country. China was able to contain it to a region. Plus, the corporal punishment for violations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •