Page 315 of 799 FirstFirst ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 19965
  1. #7851
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,920
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Restaurateurs are a resilient bunch. I think the short term hit is going to be rough, but you'll be back.
    or like me, you'll realize the joys of not taking the work home, and go back to being one of the people you sometimes felt you were babysitting. but if you want to continue to run a day care of waiters and cooks ;-) i would assume the stimulus plan will have some resources for you. if it doesn't, that's bs.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  2. #7852
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,157

    Chinese Rat Flu

    Edit: sorry, the march calendar is below the April. This was something I was just thinking about at the time, and have kept looking at.

    On March 11, we had 1000 (Green) “known” cases. Obviously we knew this was low, but I went by this number for my estimate, cases doubling every 4 days. Those are in green. So by that number I estimated roughly 250,000 cases by Easter. (Knowing it was low).
    On March 20, we had 14,000 confirmed cases(Orange), which by the same , doubling every 4 days would put it at almost 900,000 cases the day after Easter.

    Today (blue) we have 43,000 confirmed cases, which by the day after Easter puts us at 1.3 million cases.


    Hope this turns out wrong and the curb flattens significantly prior.

    I’m not using any science, just estimates that have been out there .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	322015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	322016

  3. #7853
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,573
    Holy crap, this comment n another site. Wow.

    My SFB translation decoder ring can’t handle this one.

    Mental health is even more important in these trying times
    ===========

    You need zwanzig und ein skimmings I swear. its just basic crypt keeper goog Ghoul Sir Veil Lance daytripper.

    I dont EVER do klear text never. SigInt EastShire readz every word of all bloggins you know that you sob bay moo tcho

    i bee leavin u onna jetplane dont care if ill be b@ch mein Auld Froind no is dis. no me hace falta nbada. I lack nuthing Kernel Hogan Hero. Nothing my Gyro Sandwich URL of IRL East Virgin Sommer Teeth ist weis the summer nose. and unashamed he shedz his clothes encounters on his little 2 stroker.

    maybe stroke to the South West. Im here like 1 outta 8 hoomAns on this milky way 3rd ratye plan it planet cent Thral.

    Buddy i get cancer every year here my complex with my American mailing address is sadder than the saddest street in El Salvador. Another cuntry tiz of the u s dollar. gold dollars you could bike there. the country south of mexico

    Stop there first they still have folks chatturbating in over 20 Maya forms.

    Hernan Cortezly left them alone in their woods as he drained the lake formerly known as TenOCheatLand Mexico City CDMX a big place give it a wide birth.

    You cant drive there if you dont have permiso peresion hall pass from AMLO Presidente Andres m Lopez Obrador a good guy pol if ever there is some.

    I can fly both ways to Medellin Colombia and I might. But I only sold my b grade berkshieres for 2 hundred this tax year.

    Antigua Guatemala go there you will love it long time.

    Ask me where is good in One Belt One road Pan.America. I was in Honduras in a big pickup with a dirty dozen working guys.

    The leader was Vente and a half years young with all his think fingernails sharpened like Freddy Fruzen Kruger and he bid me adieu when he hopped out for his home A Dios amigo mio no pierdas El Mercurio I told him and his Motley Crew.

    You see Mercury was close here that day. Planets are yellow and appear around dusk and dawn Like Quentin Tarentino and Selma Alabama Hayek and her hugfe gaZeppelinos there are many.

    A hundred buckaroos and her younger twin will birth a baby for you in 40 weeks no te mames. Im not sucking you. Downside a grat movie Breaking Bad Malcolm Keep Calm in the Middle dad. Pink Viagra sildenafil is your freind kapiche.

    But seriously Im lifelong Cath o lick I second Hand Luke feel her dire straits her money is nothing her chicks I coulda shoulda hatch 4 free.

    America is still a mans world. go immerse youesel maybe Ensenyada or Algodones is a good begining.

    I bought some cattle in NickersAguas. yep Leon Nicaragua. Lion maybe Im lyin here beside you here in the dark feeling all you fellas useless pointless nipple nozzles next to mine.

    How can I leave my Ostrich Hole mIEESTER Budda Tetch graB THE LINE OF FIRE AND
    jALE that means pull gweros which means dumb blondies in all 12 southy America states of disrepute.

    Try it and see if you like. Mexico officials all seem to take half they wont chex out your smelly sweat sox white skin white sox keep your amulets close to the enemies flame gates.

    i am your friend always Eric Tambien Latino Amoricono hasta el tope up to yhe top where you belong where the fasces of health district sheaves Eagles Fly into a false Fanny Flagg miuntain side purple headed circumsizedead throbbing logical Phallus Majestry.

    Usted Sobby. Dobby can be real elf piss on everything uif you have a membership organ. You nead TOR Onion project and a time machine. At one point our servers boasted 33 traped Chilean Bit Coin miners Spam MERS canners.

    Theys rescuemicated us chile is safest nicest american Cuntry number 40 malt licker swiss interpoles worlld wide I still check Tor1 at Voat dot co not com.

    .co is TLD for my throw away ruff draft boner headed ideas i do live in 8 bmile Cartagena Colombia in a blue collar barrio called Bosque El Bosque.

    Holy fukkins it means The Woods. buy a bus pass aftwr you land in Cartagena.

    Fly Spirit air champ. They have no frills I take a grocery baf 14 inches bt 12 by 8 inches not sure.

    Gotta call on my flip phone. it uses Kaos OS kinda meh but better than amazon msft androids or apples in your Red Ee Knight Flights.

    Keep Tilting Sir Vantes at those Windmills in our minds Michel Le Grand like a wheel within a wheel.

    Look at me spinning ma I love you all kisses y alls and stays safe watch
    Popeye 1980 Mork from Ork Protagonista version maybe.

    Sic semper phi phalse phealty a tyrranus rex y xaVIER UND kYRIE eLAISSON down those back rhodes wee must sch
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  4. #7854
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,157
    Lost me at SigInt EastShire

  5. #7855
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,265
    I tried Google translate, but it blew up my pc. Huh?

  6. #7856
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in the hills
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I have a restaurant that is pretty much shut down from this. My entire staff is laid off. As owner I am not entitled to unemployment as far as I know. Yes I can offer to-go food but I am in a destination setting. I am offering mixed drinks to go, "groceries" like vegetables, toilet paper, wine, basically whatever we have. Nobody is going to come out here. If they do it sure as hell won't be enough to sustain anything. I have no idea how I will navigate this financially but for some reason I'm not worried about it. If I was just kind of fucked I think I would be wondering how I can get out of this. But I am completely fucked and there's really nothing I can do about it. I'm donating some of the perishables, saving most to feed my family. I will most likely lose the business.

    I believe this event will change future dining habits close to forever. It could be an opportunity to grow something better. Or it could be something really shitty, like a food landscape of nothing but soulless corporate bullshit.

    With that said, I hope Cuomo goes all in and shuts it all down completely. Let's just get this over with.

    Dear Trump, just shut it the fuck down you giant orange pussy.
    Good luck and people like you give me hope for this country.
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

  7. #7857
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,157

    Chinese Rat Flu

    Question about you guys with young kids..

    Last week was “spring break” so we had a place in the mountains for a week. We get home today and our 10yo, wants to immediately go out and play with her neighborhood friends.
    One of her friends Moms is an ER doc, so my first response just to shut her the fuck up ( we are literally unloading our cars), is that “ Sallys” mom is a doctor and she’s been at the hospital and maybe around sick people, so, no right now. I then make my the kid take the dog for a walk. 10m later she calls me on her way back from her Gizmo watch (she doesn’t have a cell phone) saying her 2 friends are out playing and that Ms ER doc, hasn’t even been at the hospital.
    1 minute later the ER doc mom texts me telling me that she hasn’t been to work in a week and that when she does she’s completely decontaminated before she comes home. This is before my kid can even get back home.

    I lose my shit.

    Even before this, a week ago, when shit was starting to go down, my kid comes home and mentions that Ms ER doc said they were going to have a Corona Virus party...sounded like a chicken pox party. We never validated that was true, but how would my kid even think of that???
    More than a few of the other parents in our hood are letting their kids play together with no restrictions in the hood, so it’s really hard keeping ours locked down, which is what we “think” is the right thing to do. I have a feeling that as soon someone close gets sick, things will change...
    Curious of anyone else’s thoughts. This sucks.
    Last edited by KenJongIll; 03-24-2020 at 09:16 AM.

  8. #7858
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,573
    I live with mrs er doc.

    She’s taking precautions. Burning her work clothes etc.

    But she’s goingtoget it not if. Just when.

    Steer clear.

    Kids are remote schooling. But no play dates.
    My kids are at risk. No way I would expose them to other kids now.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  9. #7859
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I live with mrs er doc.

    She’s taking precautions. Burning her work clothes etc.

    But she’s goingtoget it not if. Just when.

    Steer clear.

    Kids are remote schooling. But no play dates.
    Agree. This one is a real peach. There have been other questionable things in the past, but this takes the cake. This virus is like of no concern to them.
    I’m an older dad. I sure if my kid got sick, she’d be fine. It might kill me or my wife.
    My job takes me into hospitals in critical care areas on a weekly basis, but right now I can’t go unless absolutely necessary, and I don’t want to.

  10. #7860
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,573
    That’s a bit ironic she’s not paranoid. Wifey sends me scary data from Italy and the us.

    Healthy peeps crashing fast. O2 sats were good six hours earlier, but lungs ground glass pneumonia. Sending them home against normal protocol, but wanting to save a bed.

    This shit is crazy
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  11. #7861
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Holy crap, this comment n another site. Wow.

    My SFB translation decoder ring can’t handle this one.

    Mental health is even more important in these trying times
    ===========

    You need zwanzig und ein skimmings I swear. its just basic crypt keeper goog Ghoul Sir Veil Lance daytripper.

    I dont EVER do klear text never. SigInt EastShire readz every word of all bloggins you know that you sob bay moo tcho

    i bee leavin u onna jetplane dont care if ill be b@ch mein Auld Froind no is dis. no me hace falta nbada. I lack nuthing Kernel Hogan Hero. Nothing my Gyro Sandwich URL of IRL East Virgin Sommer Teeth ist weis the summer nose. and unashamed he shedz his clothes encounters on his little 2 stroker.

    maybe stroke to the South West. Im here like 1 outta 8 hoomAns on this milky way 3rd ratye plan it planet cent Thral.

    Buddy i get cancer every year here my complex with my American mailing address is sadder than the saddest street in El Salvador. Another cuntry tiz of the u s dollar. gold dollars you could bike there. the country south of mexico

    Stop there first they still have folks chatturbating in over 20 Maya forms.

    Hernan Cortezly left them alone in their woods as he drained the lake formerly known as TenOCheatLand Mexico City CDMX a big place give it a wide birth.

    You cant drive there if you dont have permiso peresion hall pass from AMLO Presidente Andres m Lopez Obrador a good guy pol if ever there is some.

    I can fly both ways to Medellin Colombia and I might. But I only sold my b grade berkshieres for 2 hundred this tax year.

    Antigua Guatemala go there you will love it long time.

    Ask me where is good in One Belt One road Pan.America. I was in Honduras in a big pickup with a dirty dozen working guys.

    The leader was Vente and a half years young with all his think fingernails sharpened like Freddy Fruzen Kruger and he bid me adieu when he hopped out for his home A Dios amigo mio no pierdas El Mercurio I told him and his Motley Crew.

    You see Mercury was close here that day. Planets are yellow and appear around dusk and dawn Like Quentin Tarentino and Selma Alabama Hayek and her hugfe gaZeppelinos there are many.

    A hundred buckaroos and her younger twin will birth a baby for you in 40 weeks no te mames. Im not sucking you. Downside a grat movie Breaking Bad Malcolm Keep Calm in the Middle dad. Pink Viagra sildenafil is your freind kapiche.

    But seriously Im lifelong Cath o lick I second Hand Luke feel her dire straits her money is nothing her chicks I coulda shoulda hatch 4 free.

    America is still a mans world. go immerse youesel maybe Ensenyada or Algodones is a good begining.

    I bought some cattle in NickersAguas. yep Leon Nicaragua. Lion maybe Im lyin here beside you here in the dark feeling all you fellas useless pointless nipple nozzles next to mine.

    How can I leave my Ostrich Hole mIEESTER Budda Tetch graB THE LINE OF FIRE AND
    jALE that means pull gweros which means dumb blondies in all 12 southy America states of disrepute.

    Try it and see if you like. Mexico officials all seem to take half they wont chex out your smelly sweat sox white skin white sox keep your amulets close to the enemies flame gates.

    i am your friend always Eric Tambien Latino Amoricono hasta el tope up to yhe top where you belong where the fasces of health district sheaves Eagles Fly into a false Fanny Flagg miuntain side purple headed circumsizedead throbbing logical Phallus Majestry.

    Usted Sobby. Dobby can be real elf piss on everything uif you have a membership organ. You nead TOR Onion project and a time machine. At one point our servers boasted 33 traped Chilean Bit Coin miners Spam MERS canners.

    Theys rescuemicated us chile is safest nicest american Cuntry number 40 malt licker swiss interpoles worlld wide I still check Tor1 at Voat dot co not com.

    .co is TLD for my throw away ruff draft boner headed ideas i do live in 8 bmile Cartagena Colombia in a blue collar barrio called Bosque El Bosque.

    Holy fukkins it means The Woods. buy a bus pass aftwr you land in Cartagena.

    Fly Spirit air champ. They have no frills I take a grocery baf 14 inches bt 12 by 8 inches not sure.

    Gotta call on my flip phone. it uses Kaos OS kinda meh but better than amazon msft androids or apples in your Red Ee Knight Flights.

    Keep Tilting Sir Vantes at those Windmills in our minds Michel Le Grand like a wheel within a wheel.

    Look at me spinning ma I love you all kisses y alls and stays safe watch
    Popeye 1980 Mork from Ork Protagonista version maybe.

    Sic semper phi phalse phealty a tyrranus rex y xaVIER UND kYRIE eLAISSON down those back rhodes wee must sch

    lm not even gonna axe where on the intertubularwebz you found that
    #coolstorybro gem
    best i gots is bro dont strap shits on feats in pursuit of white room bliss
    no power in the whippysticks to be had
    aint gots no 4 legged god to comfort
    hes got some chilean thing goin on
    dealing with possible mortality by excessive self medication
    and typing words followed by the act of post reply
    invite your bro
    hell fits in fine here
    put me down for stapping birdcunter to a drone
    and a wet market monkey dick eater message
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  12. #7862
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,316
    Our garbage pickup company isn't recycling anymore. It used to be 2 trucks, one for garbage and one for recycling but, it's one truck now taking everything. The stores aren't taking bottle returns anymore and we hadn't taken our bottles and cans in a while and it really started to build up over the last week of 4 of us in the house so I started putting bags of bottles in the recycling last night. This morning it was just one truck so 4 bags of recyclables just went in the trash. Uggh. Yeah yeah first world stuff, I know.

  13. #7863
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Our garbage pickup company isn't recycling anymore. It used to be 2 trucks, one for garbage and one for recycling but, it's one truck now taking everything. The stores aren't taking bottle returns anymore and we hadn't taken our bottles and cans in a while and it really started to build up over the last week of 4 of us in the house so I started putting bags of bottles in the recycling last night. This morning it was just one truck so 4 bags of recyclables just went in the trash. Uggh. Yeah yeah first world stuff, I know.
    Honestly, a substantial percentage of your recycling ended up in the trash before when there were separate pickups too. I wouldn't worry too much. The illusion that you're helping the environment by recycling will return shortly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I live with mrs er doc.

    She’s taking precautions. Burning her work clothes etc.
    Glad to hear she and most in the medical profession are taking it seriously. I have a couple relatives who are a surgical oncologist and a nurse probationer, and they are both adamant that this entire thing is a fabrication of the left wing media to make the Orange Shit Gibbon look bad. Sounds like maybe KenJong's kooky lady ER doc is getting her news from the same place.

    It's tempting to post up pages long rant one of them sent me and my family this weekend about how all of this is a hoax, and these people on ventilators are actors, etc. It's fucking scary that she's responsible for anyone's well-being, including her own.

    Oh, and their son is graduating from high school this spring, and you can bet your ass they're still having a party.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  14. #7864
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,542
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Agree. This one is a real peach. There have been other questionable things in the past, but this takes the cake. This virus is like of no concern to them.
    I’m an older dad. I sure if my kid got sick, she’d be fine. It might kill me or my wife.
    My job takes me into hospitals in critical care areas on a weekly basis, but right now I can’t go unless absolutely necessary, and I don’t want to.
    Life would be exponentially more easy if we could just send my son out to play with the kids in the neighborhood. His closest neighborhood friends have an ER nurse mom and handyman granddad who hasn't slowed a bit. Shit isn't happening. It was hard at first, but he seems to understand now. He waves at them when he sees them, but doesn't whine and beg anymore. On the plus, he and his pre-teen sister have started playing together again.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  15. #7865
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,530
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    No mask = no entry

    py masks on everyone > a really expensive mask on you
    Ok thanks. Id go buy a bunch and put them in the van. Like thise drywall masks?

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  16. #7866
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,530
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    And hand sanitizer before getting in the van.
    -phones stay in pockets
    -hands off faces
    -if somebody coughs or sneezes or touches their face, keep them with you, but when you get to your spot, burn your clothes!
    Disenfecting all contact points on the van, and trucks, before and after. Im now whereing my civies to work in the van. Work clothes at work. Change civies everyday and wash them. Fkn hands off face is hard, itchy sometimes. 3 more weeks. Management is in denial. Its frustrating

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  17. #7867
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That’s a bit ironic she’s not paranoid. Wifey sends me scary data from Italy and the us.

    Healthy peeps crashing fast. O2 sats were good six hours earlier, but lungs ground glass pneumonia. Sending them home against normal protocol, but wanting to save a bed.

    This shit is crazy
    Fuck thats scary. Wishing your family well

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #7868
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    5,907
    Trump said the coast is clear, so everyone get back to work as usual today. That's the effectively the message I got from my organization's leadership this morning after being told yesterday to prepare for a total shutdown for at least two weeks.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  19. #7869
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,221
    That's so fucked up.

    I'm sorry you have to work with those Muppets.

  20. #7870
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    13,685
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Trump said the coast is clear, so everyone get back to work as usual today. That's the effectively the message I got from my organization's leadership this morning after being told yesterday to prepare for a total shutdown for at least two weeks.
    WTF. Wow. That's shitty.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  21. #7871
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,324
    birdhunter you're always a fucking bigoted reactionary moron, it's reassuring to see some things don't change. I guess.

  22. #7872
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    WTF. Wow. That's shitty.
    I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. We had everything prepared to notify people in the industry that we were suspending services for at least two weeks in accordance with the governor's announcement, and outlined the options they had for proceeding during that time.

    Then this morning I got word that we're nixing that plan and going to continue to work. My boss hasn't been in the office in over a week, and I'm out there interacting with a couple dozen people a day in places with no opportunities for washing hands or using sanitizer. I'm wearing a big fuckin' happy hat today.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  23. #7873
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,501
    I guess this makes it official.
    You can write off my weekends for the next forever LOL.

    https://www.biomerieux.com/en/biomer...-covid-19-test

    bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today announced that its subsidiary, BioFire Defense, has received Emergency Use Authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of its BIOFIRE® COVID-19 test for use in CLIA moderate and high complexity clinical laboratories to detect SARS-CoV-2.

    The BIOFIRE® COVID-19 test detects SARS-CoV-2 in approximately 45 minutes from a nasopharyngeal swab in transport media. This test runs on the fully automated FILMARRAY® 2.0 and FILMARRAY® TORCH platforms and is extremely easy to use, therefore requiring minimal training and skills in molecular biology.

    BIOFIRE® COVID-19 was developed with funding from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) by leveraging an existing contract agreement with BioFire Defense. This is the second of three tests being developed for diagnostic use as part of bioMérieux’s strategic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

    “The rapid development of this test is a combined result of the extensive effort and dedication of our employees, the assistance of our partner Midwest Research Institute Global, and the confidence entrusted to us by the U.S. Department of Defense”, said Bob Lollini, CEO of BioFire Defense.

    bioMérieux is currently making every effort to scale up supply of the BIOFIRE® COVID-19 test at multiple production facilities in Salt Lake City (Utah, USA). The initial test kits are committed to the DoD for redistribution. Test kits will be available for commercial distribution in the United States under the EUA as well as internationally where regulatory approval allows. bioMérieux expects to have maximum production capability within a few weeks to address the needs of the thousands of labs and healthcare professionals using one of the nearly 11 000 BIOFIRE® systems worldwide.

    “In the face of this unprecedented global health crisis, bioMérieux is now launching a second diagnostic test for the detection of SARS-CoV2. True to our commitment to public health we are making every effort to provide a comprehensive diagnostic approach that meets the highest performance and quality standards to help physicians mount an effective response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic”, said Dr. Mark Miller, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of bioMérieux.

    bioMérieux has also received authorization to sell the BIOFIRE® COVID-19 test External Control Kit. This positive control material may be used for quality control and laboratory verification of the test.


    About bioMérieux’s commitment to fight COVID-19 pandemic

    bioMérieux already launched the SARS-COV-2 R-GENE® test. This real-time PCR test running on open platforms has been validated by the French Reference Center for respiratory infectious diseases, highlighting its excellent performance. It is produced and available in France and is expected to be rapidly CE-marked and submitted to the FDA for an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) as well.

    bioMérieux is also developing an expanded version of its BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Respiratory Panel 2, which will be called the BIOFIRE® Respiratory Panel 2.1 (RP2.1). This new panel will include SARS-CoV-2 in addition to the 21 other common respiratory pathogens and will deliver results in approximately 45 minutes. It will also be available on the FILMARRAY® 2.0 and FILMARRAY® TORCH platforms.


    About Emergency Use Authorization

    The BIOFIRE® COVID-19 test has not been FDA cleared or approved. This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.

    This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.


    About the BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® solution

    The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® is an FDA-cleared and CE-marked multiplex PCR closed and fully-automated system that integrates sample preparation, amplification, and detection. A BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® test requires only two minutes of hands-on time and has a total run time of about 45 to 75 minutes, depending on the panel.

    The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® range has the largest infectious disease pathogen menu commercially available, composed of:

    BIOFIRE® Respiratory Panel (RP, RP2 and RP2plus), identifying between 20 and 22 respiratory viruses and bacteria performed directly on nasopharyngeal swabs in transport media.

    BIOFIRE® RP EZ, identifying 11 viral and 3 bacterial pathogens associated with respiratory infections. FDA-cleared and CLIA-waived for use in the US only.

    BIOFIRE® Pneumonia (PN) and Pneumonia plus (PNplus) Panel, identifying 33 to 34 targets (18 bacteria, 8 to 9 viruses, 7 resistant genes to antibiotics) in sputum (including endotracheal aspirate) and bronchoalveolar lavage (including mini-BAL). 15 of the bacterial targets are reported with semi-quantitative information about the abundance of organism in a given sample.

    BIOFIRE® Blood Culture Identification (BCID) Panel, identifying 27 of the most common causes of bloodstream infections and associated antimicrobial resistances directly from positive blood culture.

    BIOFIRE® Gastrointestinal (GI) Panel, identifying 22 of the most common viral, bacterial, and parasitic causes of infectious diarrhea directly from stool in Cary Blair transport media.

    BIOFIRE® Meningitis/Encephalitis (ME) Panel, identifying 14 bacterial, viral, and fungal causes of meningitis and encephalitis directly from cerebrospinal fluid
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  24. #7874
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,324
    @GM: why can't you use sanitizer? a little bottle in a pocket or in the car would seem prudent.

  25. #7875
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    why can't you use sanitizer? a little bottle in a pocket or in the car would seem prudent.
    I can and do use it, but nobody else who's handling any of the things I need to at each job site has washed their hands since before they left their house that morning. No running water and 3 porta-cans without any hand sanitizer in them on job sites with 20-30 guys, plus you everything is subcontracted so you're dealing with people who are bouncing around all over the region on a daily basis.

    Between actual materials, plans, paper permit docs, my tablet, people being utterly unaware of social distancing, etc. I do what I can to mitigate the risk, but the potential for exposure is quite high. Add to that guys being scared of a recession and everyone is coming into work whether they're sick or not because they're not sure when the work is going to dry up.

    Construction, maintenance and repair of infrastructure and equipment necessary to maintain sanitation and life safety are essential services, no doubt about it, but building $900,000 McMansions sure as shit isn't, IMO.
    Last edited by glademaster; 03-24-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •