Page 307 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yep. We've got a better chance of curing COVID-19 than curing stupidity!
    QFT!

Agreed. The main benefit of short term overreaction, which denying prevents, is it drops the hammer on virus spread so that disease control (local, state, federal CDC) can perform targeted testing, targeted tracing, travel restrictions, targeted isolation and quarantining.

So they instituted the "it's not a lockdown" lockdown here this morning. Was a little concerned but the list of essential businesses that can stay open includes the following:

xii. Medical cannabis growers, processors, and dispensaries.

So, we're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So they instituted the "it's not a lockdown" lockdown here this morning. Was a little concerned but the list of essential businesses that can stay open includes the following:

So, we're okay.
    going for the "couch-lock down"
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I just wanna be safe, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Is it too late to draft Cuomo for pres?
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I hope he's treating this like an audition although he's a polarizing figure in NY.
    Be careful what you ask for and do a complete 'Due Diligence'.

On a related note. It was funny watching DeBlasio (mayor of NYC) yesterday saying the federal government is responsible for the problems in NYC when he originally refused to close schools nor took any other measures to mitigate the spread until too late.

All politicians are the same. Blame someone else, take no responsibility, make no hard choices but play to the popular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Cuomo has been awesome. I haven’t been impressed with polis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Ski220; 03-23-2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: correct spelin

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Got a call from friends in Sun City AZ. They're all acting like teenagers down there. Playing golf and the having parties and unprotected sex afterwards.
    Hahaha. Same here. Not sure about the hanky panky part, but old folks are out in DROVES around here. It's like they're celebrating that they can run around with reckless abandon now that all the yungins are locked away.

Funny how all the productive members of society are being forced to stay home but these folks be roaming wild and free like its nothing. Well, I suppose THOSE particular ones can be the first ones on the chopping block of this whole thing. I suppose Medicare needed some relief anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The USA took 3rd place yesterday with a new case count of just over 9000. With numbers like this they should be in first place in 5 - 6 days. I look at Canada's numbers and I know for a fact that they're so wrong. I've heard from medical professionals that most testing is being done on people already admitted to hospitals for "flu like symptoms." I know 2 people who have gotten calls from CDC saying someone they've been in contact with has tested positive. They're told to self isolate for 2 weeks but not tested. There are people using this unexpected time off to visit friends, picnic in the park, visit mom (friend of mine visited his 85yo ish mom yesterday for no reason other than he was in the hood picking up a bike). My last day working at the bike shop an 80yo lady with respiratory issues came in to buy an E Bike, probably a good idea to buy it now so she can use it for a couple weeks before she dies. I've since told my boss I'm not coming in to work but the shop is still open. Fuck, people are spreading this shit like a roomba spreads dog shit.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Federal Government can lock us all down if it wanted with emergency orders. He should have several weeks ago....
    That the feds are still fucking this up by not actually locking us down because mouth breathers are still gong to church on Sundays?
    Uhhhh, no. A Federal lockdown would be retarded. We're obviously ill equipped to handle that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Ottime wants everyone in the country to be chained to their radiators for the next 6-8 weeks. He's all in on the panic.
    Apparently. Sheesh. What an overreacter. I wonder if he was panicking like that during the H1N1 pandemic. ...Prolly not.

Ottime be like:

Just shut down an entire biz unit for two weeks.

Fuck my stomach hurts. These peeps are like family. Nauseating. Literally. But it’s the right thing to do. Hopefully we can punch the curve in the nads and flatten that fucker.

But the anecdotal data from Italy is not good. So many young people getting taken down in their prime
    And people over 60 not getting vents?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That reminds me, where is Steep to tell us?
    His trust fund crashed with the market.

Name:  ETztzvIWoAAOiYZ.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  67.4 KB

Musk is gonna musk..

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I wonder if he was panicking like that during the H1N1 pandemic.
    There was no reason for alarm. Just raised awareness. Not that dissimilar when GOP called rat flu a cold early on.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/updates/061209.htm

I’m NOT a conspiracy theorist but I do enjoy feeding the trolls. Gates foundation is a supporter of ID2020 initiative

😂

https://www.biometricupdate.com/2019...-with-vaccines

he ID2020 Alliance has launched a new digital identity program at its annual summit in New York, in collaboration with the Government of Bangladesh, vaccine alliance Gavi, and new partners in government, academia, and humanitarian relief.
    The program to leverage immunization as an opportunity to establish digital identity was unveiled by ID2020 in partnership with the Bangladesh Government’s Access to Information (a2i) Program, the Directorate General of Health Services, and Gavi, according to the announcement.

Antidotally,

And Venn is a proper noun. Just saying.
    Yes, lecture me more, please.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

So, we're okay.
    Yeah, but Starbucks is closed.

Senator Klobuchar husband goes down with it. Pneumonia, coughing up blood. Vibes.

Stay safe everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Senator Klobuchar husband goes down with it. Pneumonia, coughing up blood. Vibes.

Stay safe everyone.

That's a kinda gross thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I am surprised there isn’t an indica strain called “Shelter In Place” yet.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Dear Mouthbreathers

Yeah, a federal lock down would be bad. I don't trust these guys at all to do things right. But if the rest of America keeps on going on going on, this things is going to over whelm every where. And no doubt the military would love to be there to save the day. But nice use of the word "retarded".

Yes, we are all going to die. Nothing new there. But I pissed because my fiends are in harms way with no protective gear. And it is spreading inside my community. And these guys go out every day to help other people as part of their job and their are scared. Scared of bringing it home to their families. Scared of infecting other patients. Scared of the lack of beds. And still people think staying at home is over reacting.

Maybe your corner of the world is not there yet. None of you are posting from a place where it has gone past this. Still a lot of people here that can't seem to stay apart from each other. Reasoning it is just one or two people from outside their home. No big deal. If this thing can't be contained by Shelter in Place the next step is scheduling times to leave your house and go to specific locations and return. That is what I am scared of shit of. Fuck that. So please, stop being stupid, and do your part.

As for H1N1, I was managing food service in a quartile dorm. So was there very day. This is not H1N1. If you thought it was, you are just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Uhhhh, no. A Federal lockdown would be retarded. We're obviously ill equipped to handle that scenario.

Apparently. Sheesh. What an overreacter. I wonder if he was panicking like that during the H1N1 pandemic. ...Prolly not.

Ottime be like:

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    There was no reason for alarm. Just raised awareness. Not that dissimilar when GOP called rat flu a cold early on.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/updates/061209.htm
    Fair enough. How about tuberculosis, then?

You'll need to pull your head up out of the sand first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Yes, lecture me more, please.

Re the issue of restrictions state by state vs national, and the issue of collateral damage from the restrictions:

"Q: I’m curious about some things that aren’t happening on a national scale. One is, why are shelter in place orders happening state by state? Why are we doing this sequentially? Is that a mistake?

A: No, I don’t think we could say it’s a mistake or not a mistake. There is a discussion and a delicate balance about what’s the overall impact of shutting everything down completely for an indefinite period of time. So, there’s a compromise. If you knock down the economy completely and disrupt infrastructure, you may be causing health issues, unintended consequences, for people who need to be able to get to places and can’t. You do the best you can. I’ve emphasized very emphatically at every press conference, that everybody in the country, at a minimum, should be following the fundamental guidelines. Elderly, stay out of society in self isolation. Don’t go to work if you don’t have to. Yada, yada, yada. No bars, no restaurants, no nothing. Only essential services. When you get a place like New York or Washington or California, you have got to ratchet it up. But it is felt—and it isn’t me only speaking, it’s a bunch of people who make the decisions—that if you lock down everything now, you’re going to crash the whole society. So, you do what you can do, as best as you can. Do as much physical separation as you can and ratchet it up at the places you know are at highest risk."--Anthony Fauci

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic

So, thought experiment here...

Once we get past the PPE issues and can start testing large quantities of people, there's no doubt gonna be a huge increase in confirmed cases. But broad testing also allows us to start sorting the carriers from the negatives from the had-it-but-recovered-and-now-likely-immune.

We have the technology to perform backtracing of contacts using mobile phones. Doing so is illegal - right to privacy and all that.

Are you willing to allow government access to your phone's GPS records to allow society to get over this quicker?
    Under what kinds of limits?

Not to worry, this will all be fixed by the 30th.

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” Trump said in a late-night tweet Sunday. “AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!”

The 15-day period is set to end March 30.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"