Page 15 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Shaming drones so 1984
    watch out for snakes

Do we get all of our masks from China?

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Shaming drones so 1984
    I'm not surprised since they've used the whole damn book as an instruction manual.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

This would be a pretty good time for some civil disobedience in China, surveillance AI's gonna have a tough time telling everybody apart while they're wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The tinfoil effect is strong with these ones

But isn’t it ironic that the chartered airplane of evacuees were put in quarantine on a us military base, all the while commercial airline traffic kept pouring into our normal airports?
    Was the quarantine just theatre. Why worry about 200 while thousands pour in.
    Air traffic was stopped from Wuhan (and Hubei province) a while ago. That is where most of the cases are. That is where most likely someone coming in will have the disease. Quarantine is expensive and capacity is limited. It is prudent to quarantine people coming from Wuhan/Hubei and simply screen other travelers coming from China.

Of course shortly after the rules changed drastically expanding quarantines, self quarantines, and blanket visa refusals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527A0E38-4B85-4C28-95FF-169F6458F81D.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	501.6 KB 
ID:	313574

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    >>yikes !

"Coronavirus Contains "HIV Insertions", Stoking Fears Over Artificially Created Bioweapon"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ated-bioweapon

now zerohedge likes to put up the crazy stuff to spook you but if true, scary that someone in china had this and someone else let it out.
    Please STFU.

Wuhan meat market

Chinese Rat Flu

The wet markets with abundant variety of wildlife meat are a result of aspirational wealth. Before globalization there wasn’t capital for demand. Let’s hope new generations turn it around.

“A campaign on Weibo, the social media platform, drew 45 million views with the hashtag “#rejectgamemeat.” The government has once again issued a ban on wildlife trade, and leading scientists and many Chinese people are calling for that ban to be made permanent.”

Serving animal parts in neatly wrapped plastic is palatable for us but not really the norm globally.

Too bad for the sharks, and elephants that the virus did not begin with them.

That country disgusts me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Chinese Rat Flu

I’m not making a value judgement. Just hoping for change.

We killed millions of buffalo for sport.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I’m not making a value judgement. Just hoping for change.

We killed millions of buffalo for sport.
    Not really for sport. To starve the plains Indians into near extinction.
    For most of human existence most people have eaten anything they could get. Only recently in a few places have people been wealthy enough to be selective.

If I ever met a Buffalo hunter I’d hate them too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527A0E38-4B85-4C28-95FF-169F6458F81D.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	501.6 KB 
ID:	313574
    Lol, even a picture perfectly summarizing the new year for China has IP theft in it.

Perfect.
    I still call it The Jake.

Is that deadmau5?

The wet markets with abundant variety of wildlife meat are a result of aspirational wealth. Before globalization there wasn’t capital for demand. Let’s hope new generations turn it around.

“A campaign on Weibo, the social media platform, drew 45 million views with the hashtag “#rejectgamemeat.” The government has once again issued a ban on wildlife trade, and leading scientists and many Chinese people are calling for that ban to be made permanent.”

Serving animal parts in neatly wrapped plastic is palatable for us but not really the norm globally.
    what the fuck are you talking about mr I’ve never been to China? Chinese have been eating game for millennia and there was demand long before “globalization” as a modern term. Everything but the oink and anything you can get is the way people ate for all but the last century.

markets with abundant game for sale appear in the poorest of 3rd world countrys; its a double humped chart where it’s prominent at the poor end, and becomes trendy at the very rich end, but not so much in “the middle”.

butchered animal parts shrink wrapped in plastic on foam trays are the consumer end of a high quality supply chain that consumers trust and not uncommon in europe, us. If you don’t trust anyone watching someone hack up the chicken or cow or pig allows the consumer to judge quality(does it look dieseased?

Double humping is at the root of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Double humping is at the root of the issue.
    fucking aussies exporting their camel meat to the us.

Chinese Rat Flu

dunfree is so angry about everything. Life deal you a bad hand? Sorry.

Just going by what my gf and her university educated (Chinese) family tell me.

I’m taking about exotic game. There has always been desire but no demand.

“Since the early 2000s, China's middle class has been among the fastest growing in the world, swelling from 29 million in 1999 (2 percent of population) to roughly 531 million in 2013 (39 percent of population). Compared to other large, emerging economies, this growth is particularly noteworthy.”

Your confrontational approach to discussion is lowbrow and wreaks of personal angst.

You are so butthurt when people point out you are full of shit. That you rely on the word of rich connected commies who’ve never known a fucking peasant that wasn’t a servant in their life is the point. You see a feature to brag about, I see a bug.

people need to eat to live, wild game requires less capital to procure - no investment in raising necessary. The poorest Markets featured wild game ime because it was “easy” to get and Wild game is/was a staple of developing world markets the world over. If you’ve no capital it’s something you can procure and trader/barter/sell to someone else.

Gentlemen--you are talking past each other. Poor people eating every part of every animal and everything else they can manage to get their hands on or afford is one thing. Rich people eating exotic food because of its novelty is another. They both exist. Not--I've never been to China but I do watch TV.

Your confrontational approach to discussion is lowbrow and wreaks of personal angst.
    I think personal angst/anger management issues are ok, should be taken for their merits and hopefully
    something witty will be written ... instead of the usual dreck

edit: eva go fo dim sum and eat chicken feet ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think the issue is not do much eating exotic animals.
    As it is the appalling hygiene in China.

I was there for 4 weeks and I've never seen a dirtier place anywhere, including Africa.

In trains, people eating chicken and throwing the bones of the floor.

In xiang, in a nice hotel, 4 Chinese business people, well dressed, spit on the carpet in a restaurant.

Shanghai, signs in taxis: please do not spit in the taxi. And you know this is prevalent if they have signs in.

Anyway, the standards are so low that it's not surprising the diseases that start there.

And of course the concentration of people.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    In trains, people eating chicken and throwing the bones of the floor.
    Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

That’s not chicken.
    And some would say not removing phone spam tag is bad hygiene.

So far we have bats, dromedary camels, and snakes as potential targets as the og vector, so I think it's safe to say it's unclear at this moment whence it came.

Diamond posits in Germs, Guns, and Steel that most viruses come from intimacy with the source animal, so I'm going with the camel.