Page 354 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 41810
    High pollen days are disquieting. Rat flu or allergy..

Hope things go well for all affected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.19.18 AM.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	740.7 KB 
ID:	322488
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Fuug

Do not like...

Source? That data is 10 days old. I wonder how much it’s changed..but I do know that in my county it’s 21% hospitalized.
    Our county’s rate is high too but it means little since they’ve only given out 50 tests total.

Went to the grocery store today... supposed to be a 30 customer limit at one time. There were easily 100 people shopping. Half of them were shopping for 2 days, not 2 weeks. One elderly woman had on an N95 to buy one carton of orange juice. People are freakin idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    One elderly woman had on an N95 to buy one carton of orange juice. People are freakin idiots.
    Quite a few in this thread called people stocking up early hoarding idiots. There is no perfect way to deal with lives being disrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, given a choice better to get sick when resources are available. But FWIW, early on doctors followed SOP: 1) first oxygen 2) then BiPap machine to push air 3) and finally a ventilator. Now they're going straight to ventilator because they've learned from experience the step-by-step procedure is too slow and if they don't act quickly it's already too late.
    I am already on APAP machine for sleep apnea. I am more on the hypopnea than apnea side according to my sleep study.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Hope things go well for all affected.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.19.18 AM.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	740.7 KB 
ID:	322488
    Bit of a counterpoint: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/o...sultPosition=4

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

A good read. Uncertainty creates an alternative facts problem. The bottom line:

1. We need more data
    2. The data might show extensive lockdowns and quarantines are not worth the costs

The problem is people are using the first argument to justify the second argument.

The limited serological testing we've seen so far suggests the widespread infection hypothesis is wrong but we desperately need randomized population testing before things can get back to normal.

We should not believe claims here and elsewhere that 80% of cases are asymptomatic. If Japan is in reality ahead of our timeline then hygienic discipline is the best thing going right now. Small behavioral changes like hand sanitizing, avoiding face touching, along with heightened awareness of door handles, revolving doors, and elevator buttons etc., masks too, coupled with North America's lower population density stand a good chance of overcoming our failed response.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 03-27-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Quite a few in this thread called people stocking up early hoarding idiots. There is no perfect way to deal with lives being disrupted.
    No there isn’t, but you can apply common sense to the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Exactly. My wife was sewing masks. And donated an extra box of gloves we found. Just so the 0.1% doesn't have to pay taxes. As almost every word in a sentence: fuck the fucking fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is all I got.

Name:	20200327_114040.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	661.8 KB 
ID:	322491

Back to Chappelle and waiting to yell
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Our last trip was Bermuda over Christmas.

We suspect it was boyfriend who works in Manhattan commutes via Metro North.
    He also takes subway time to time.
    He showed symptoms 4 days before me.

We also live in New Rochelle in Westchester County.
    Coronavirus epicenter of epicenter in the US.

My boyfriend doesn't give me STD.
    He gives me coronavirus.
    I'm right next door in Bronxville. Tight lockdown here, police out yelling at anyone that they need to stay inside (as they should). Chief of police says many people in our town have it including an 18 year old on a ventalator. I have a neighbor/friend who has it -- mid-40s and in good health.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Went to the grocery store today... supposed to be a 30 customer limit at one time. There were easily 100 people shopping. Half of them were shopping for 2 days, not 2 weeks. One elderly woman had on an N95 to buy one carton of orange juice. People are freakin idiots.
    So the elderly woman was the only intelligent one there wearing a mask?
    I hope you let her in front of you in the line. Or offered to help in some other way.
    Saw on the local news last night that many stores in NYC are taking the approach of, "No mask No gloves No entry"
    Seems smart to me. Especially for an 85 yr old.

Try to wake up and get to markets at opening. Less crowds, better stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    All of our grocery stores are only open to seniors from 7-9am, which is awesome IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    so I can sort of fishwithharry
    whats "sort of" entitle
    would their be a "sort of" veteran helping veteran healing waters in times of trouble exemption?
    im starting to believe the media is some of your most essential service right now and zero chance of unplugging for 24
    and im dipping out again for 48
    stay safe
    Sorry, this thread moves quick.

From the Guvna....

Exceptions:

For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social distancing, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, including public lands in Montana provided they remain open to recreation. Montanans are discouraged from outdoor recreation activities that pose enhanced risks of injury or could otherwise stress the ability of local first responders to address the COVID-19 emergency (e.g., backcountry skiing in a manner inconsistent with avalanche recommendations or in closed terrain).
    Wade fishing sure seems G2G. Floating? Prolly could make it work.

Heading to the markets right now for a supply run, fresh veggies etc. I found a stash of slightly used N-95s from when I was drywalling and some dust masks as well. Gonna take one just to gauge the reactions.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Really lost a lot of respect for her with those remarks. Plus her comments yesterday on the modeling data are generally thought to be flawed.

Another reason to avoid getting sick ... you can't afford it.

The cost of hospitalization for someone privately insured with COVID-19 could top $20,000. If the patient needs a ventilator, the bill could average $88,000.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...oyer-coverage/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    <snip> Lots of speculation as to why Japan's numbers are so low, but the masks have to be one of the reasons.
    I wonder if, perhaps, as a society in general, they are much better at risk assessment than we are...

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    So the elderly woman was the only intelligent one there wearing a mask?
    I hope you let her in front of you in the line. Or offered to help in some other way.
    Saw on the local news last night that many stores in NYC are taking the approach of, "No mask No gloves No entry"
    Seems smart to me. Especially for an 85 yr old.
    No. Why would you go there for one item? It's a completely unnecessary trip.

Our county’s rate is high too but it means little since they’ve only given out 50 tests total.

Dude - this isn't a rich-person disease... this only affects the plebes.

Some good news?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...health-england

On Wednesday Prof Sharon Peacock, from Public Health England, told MPs on the science and technology committee that a home test to detect antibodies indicating somebody has had Covid-19 was being evaluated this week in Oxford to make sure it worked as well as is claimed and would be available next week. Government advisers later cautioned that the test might not be ready so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Another reason to avoid getting sick ... you can't afford it.

The cost of hospitalization for someone privately insured with COVID-19 could top $20,000. If the patient needs a ventilator, the bill could average $88,000.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...oyer-coverage/
    And most likely if they're on a vent then you get a nice bill to pay after they die. Lovely. USA!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude - this isn't a rich-person disease... this only affects the plebes.
    huh?