Page 387 of 804 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 20093
  1. #9651
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,723
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Am I reading this right that a sole proprietor can get an 8 week forgivable loan for lease and utilities?

    https://www.uschamber.com/sites/defa...al_revised.pdf
    Not just for lease/utilities. Primary intent is for businesses to either maintain payroll or in the case of a SP, remain in business.

    Lots of stipulations but I plan to file and see what happens.
    Ooof!

  2. #9652
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Santiago Chile
    Posts
    760
    Meanwhile, the virus is depriving us of our right to vodka that fights climate change;

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/c...gtype=Homepage

  3. #9653
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Looking at the graphs it occurs to me--is it possible that only some people have a receptor for covid19 or are otherwise able to replicate it? Could the flattening of the curves we see across the board be due to the virus running out of susceptible victims much faster than could be explained by herd immunity, rather than due to the effectiveness of the public health measures taken. Could the susceptibility vary between different ethnic populations? If this is the case for coronaviruses it might explain the vanishing of SARS and MERS--very few people had the receptor and because of the lethality of the viruses they ran out of victims before they could spread outside their places of origin. Given how much is already known about how coronaviruses work I would assume that that hypothesis would already be proven if it were true, so just a thought.
    What flattening of the curves across the board?

  4. #9654
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,369
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, there's skepticism about deaths too because some countries have seen a substantial increase in deaths due to pneumonia for example, but not attributed to COVID-19. It's either coincidence, undercounting, or people are dying sooner of other natural causes because of the pandemic:

    https://pandemic.substack.com/p/the-...-undercounting
    Yeah but he specifically asked about the US.

  5. #9655
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,015
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    What are the best mask for people with long beards?
    The Gillette brand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Not just for lease/utilities. Primary intent is for businesses to either maintain payroll or in the case of a SP, remain in business.

    Lots of stipulations but I plan to file and see what happens.
    Keep me posted on that, Bunion. I'm in a position to do but am weighing the actual/potential outcome, given the amount of pure bullshit the administration dishes out.

  6. #9656
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,369
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Hmmm?


    https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/12...968198145?s=21


    Code:
     Intermountain Healthcare is cutting pay for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants during the #coronavirus outbreak, which an administrator said in a message sent to staff last week is financially necessary amid “the changing needs.”

    Wow. "Hey I bet they won't go out on strike during a pandemic, let's cut their pay now!" wtf.

  7. #9657
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but he specifically asked about the US.
    The examples from other countries begs the question of how the U.S. is determining the overall mortality impact of the epidemic.

  8. #9658
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,807
    I hate to bring up the flu...again, but any guess on the percentage of deaths that would of happened anyhow? This virus seems to kill a lot of the same people that flu kills.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  9. #9659
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,807
    Also...the beard boost my immunities...gonna save my life


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  10. #9660
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,908
    If you want to understand genetic variants of CV19 and how they relate to what we traditionally think of as strains (as well as immunity), read this:

    https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1244750382338719745

  11. #9661
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I hate to bring up the flu...again, but any guess on the percentage of deaths that would of happened anyhow? This virus seems to kill a lot of the same people that flu kills.

    The math is pretty simple once you have the CFRs for comparison.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 8.21.00 PM.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	637.4 KB 
ID:	322999

    https://www.thelancet.com/action/sho...2820%2930257-7
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/sho...2820%2930243-7

  12. #9662
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,823
    Nutmeg and anyone else experiencing symptoms, I thought this video from a local retired MD was interesting- basically ways to try to drain the mucous...

  13. #9663
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,248
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Also...the beard boost my immunities...gonna save my life


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    From what? Because according to you, this is just a hoax...
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  14. #9664
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Agrestic
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Also...the beard boost my immunities...gonna save my life


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You and anti vaxxer Jim Carey. Solid company you keep.

  15. #9665
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The best data would unfortunately come from the IFR which we're nowhere near being able to determine since testing is such a mess. I've read estimates that the CFRs will ultimately be a lot lower than they presently are because we're still a ways out from having a solid grasp on the denominator.

    Thing is, no matter how you swing it, it's a whole lot of dead people.

  16. #9666
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,807

    Chinese Rat Flu

    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    From what? Because according to you, this is just a hoax...
    You are obviously an idiot and are confused. I never said it was a hoax


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  17. #9667
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,353

  18. #9668
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,248
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    You are obviously an idiot and are confused. I never said it was a hoax


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ok, let’s recap. What did you say? Because from what I recall, it was the blatherings of an ignorant, obtuse moron.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  19. #9669
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, letís recap. What did you say? Because from what I recall, it was the blatherings of an ignorant, obtuse moron.
    Your recollection is obviously terrible.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  20. #9670
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,248
    Weren’t you saying the social distancing was bullshit?
    Do you not recall what you were saying?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  21. #9671
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    You are obviously an idiot and are confused. I never said it was a hoax


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Doing your best Trump imitation.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  22. #9672
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where are you going to go? Everything is closed.
    Now that home delivery is nearly impossible to get a spot, we do need some grocery shopping and laundry to do.
    I may also need to pick up few things from work as well.
    But all that can wait til we get cleared.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 03-30-2020 at 07:58 PM.

  23. #9673
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    You are obviously an idiot and are confused. I never said it was a hoax
    Name:  Troll.jpeg
Views: 426
Size:  102.2 KB
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  24. #9674
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Werenít you saying the social distancing was bullshit?
    Do you not recall what you were saying?
    Find the post and quote it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  25. #9675
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What flattening of the curves across the board?
    Flattening on the log scale. Less steepening on a linear scale. LOL (US hasn't gotten there but many countries have. I'll take whatever improvement I can get. I just find it hard to believe so many dissimilar countries would have such similar profiles if the course of the disease was primarily influenced by local public health measures. To me it suggests a biologic cause. Chalk it up to wild, unfounded speculation. But I'm writing my Nobel speech just in case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •