Page 130 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Hoooo boy, that shit is fucked. I don't answer random calls anymore because of those robo-call scam companies. You can thank them for helping out the spread.

We'll expect a play-by-play of how this turns out.
    I got more than enough TP to last me until summer at least. And access to a 20 gal drum or rubbing alcohol. I'll be fine...
    #famouslastwords

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    My son's school (off shore) just cancelled parent's visit next week. We were planning on traveling back east in May to see darling daughter compete in the league championship, that's cancelled. She's coming home Monday and probably won't be going back until Fall. She's going to go absolutely insane.

Our spring just got pretty boring. Time to stock up on TP and cup a noodles.
    cancelled one ski trip for myself, the snow will be back next year.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah

Now the Target next door has none.

There are going to be mobs roaming the streets, looting houses for their TP before you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm going back to my starving student days and stealing TP off the motel housekeeper's carts. It ain't the Northern ultra plush, but it will do for the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What we don't know can't hurt us.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    cancelled one ski trip for myself, the snow will be back next year.
    We're looking at two trips cancelled, maybe a third.

Seattle schools closed for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seattle School District closed minimum of 14 days starting tmw.
    I assume the suburbs are right behind. Looks like I'm going to probably get some weekday skiing with the kids in the near future. My 4 year old asked me this morning if we could go skiing today. I had to break the bad news to her that I had to go to work

So here in NM we just got our first confirmed cases (3). The local public school district had previously banned all out of state travel to athletic events, conferences, etc. Thing One goes to private school, and we are supposed to go to a giant track and field meet in Chandler, AZ, next weekend. I am absolutely against it, but both the coach and Mrs. Seano think I am being alarmist...What says the collective?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Bay Area catholic high schools closed.

Chinese Rat Flu

Checking in...air travel ban at work, working at home for the foreseeable future. Bad news is the rat flu is gonna cost me diamond status at Hilton but being home isn’t such a bad thing.

U of MN, U of WI and MI State are all virtual learning for next 6 weeks.

Unfortunately many of the front line healthcare workers are young mothers. Medical Assistants and Patient Service Reps are usually women in their 20’s and 30’s and they don’t make much at all. Starting pay is around $17-20 an hour and that’s in Puget Sound.

Now that their kids don’t have school many won’t be able to come to work and the patient loads will overwhelm the remaining staff. Not to mention the current protocol is for Covid exposed workers to work until they develop symptoms, and they self report those symptoms.

Hmmm. Not a very good process here.....

Hope we learn from this and the next pandemic is a bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Ha! That's rich. Kinda of like how we learned from Sandy Hook?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah

Now the Target next door has none.

There are going to be mobs roaming the streets, looting houses for their TP before you know it!

Wow. We've got a ton of it here. Went to Super1 yesterday (Rosaurers) and they had a giant wall display of TP right as you come in the store. Only thing that has been on short supply here is hand sanitizer but I finally found some yesterday. Prior to finding it I *might* have topped off my small travel bottle from the extra large bottle at the yoga studio (somewhat embarrassed but dammit people are hoarding!)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seattle School District closed minimum of 14 days starting tmw.
    Well, good thing I am all set here because I just received an email from my kids Catholic school principal that we are going to stay open and put our faith in Jesus instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Unfortunately many of the front line healthcare workers are young mothers. Medical Assistants and Patient Service Reps are usually women in their 20’s and 30’s and they don’t make much at all. Starting pay is around $17-20 an hour and that’s in Puget Sound.

Now that their kids don’t have school many won’t be able to come to work and the patient loads will overwhelm the remaining staff. Not to mention the current protocol is for Covid exposed workers to work until they develop symptoms, and they self report those symptoms.

Hmmm. Not a very good process here.....

What struck me from the Rogan podcast is the Doc saying 25% of people in this country.....Have no sick leave. At all. WTF.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Ha! That's rich. Kinda of like how we learned from Sandy Hook?
    We did learn from Sandy Hook.

We learned that America is okay with dead kids.

A big disgusting lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    So here in NM we just got our first confirmed cases (3). The local public school district had previously banned all out of state travel to athletic events, conferences, etc. Thing One goes to private school, and we are supposed to go to a giant track and field meet in Chandler, AZ, next weekend. I am absolutely against it, but both the coach and Mrs. Seano think I am being alarmist...What says the collective?
    I'm a weenie - I vote to stay home.

I've got a friend from Tacoma who is supposed to come visit on Friday on her way to SV. I'm hoping she cancels.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

What struck me from the Rogan podcast is the Doc saying 25% of people in this country.....Have no sick leave. At all. WTF.
    Wow. So 75% have sick leave?

That’s a shock to me.

A school closure isn’t sick leave either if you have to miss work because your kids school is closed. That’s straight up vacation time!

next weekend as in 3 days from now, or 10. If it's 10 wouldn't worry. They'll be onboard by then.
    Last edited by powdork; 03-11-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

But the upper middle class white privilege bubble people are about to present a candidate to the country who doesn't believe our society needs much change at all. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Well, good thing I am all set here because I just received an email from my kids Catholic school principal that we are going to stay open and put our faith in Jesus instead.
    What a fucking moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Really? Even the Pope has taken steps to mitigate the spread of the virus.

The lord works in mysterious ways.

Holy crap. NYC St. Patrick's day parade cancelled. No, not surprised by that, amazed to find out it's been around for 258 years! Man, that's a ton of beer.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident