Page 278 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 41810
    God damn I was pissed today. After the stores were raided 2 weeks ago, they still haven't restocked my favorite San Marzano's. I'm making parm dammit! Stacks of tp, no great tomatoes. This is BS. We are fucked. (TM)

Beach by my house was packed shoulder to shoulder with people.

Took a flight from San Diego to Honolulu last week and it was filled with people going on vacation. Overheard a few that it was because of the good deals. We're screwed as a society.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post

Took a flight from San Diego to Honolulu last week and it was filled with people going on vacation. Overheard a few that it was because of the good deals. We're screwed as a society.

It doesn't matter where people go. You realize that, right?

At least they weren't on a big boat.

Damn, starbucks is closed.

I won't say it. But, sho is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

You're a local. Take a barista home and have her froth you up.

https://www.facebook.com/50281755308...6024/?vh=e&d=n

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Cool I’ll read that one in a bit.
    I was asking earlier to the collective.
    If they are going to go door to door testing as they announced, then what?
    Clearly they are going to collect the data.
    Not sure why comes after that.
    Hopefully the virus decides to take the summer off before that happens.
    OK I’ll play. Would this scenario be acceptable?
    - federally deputized medical personnel show up at your door demanding a saliva sample.
    - tests for presence of both virus and naturally occurring antibodies.
    - if anyone in household tests positive, everyone is given jewelry - an electronic ankle bracelet - and orders to self quarantine until feds come back to retest.
    - once everybody in household test negative for virus and positive for antibodies, they can mingle with others.
    - once pandemic is under control, the test swab data is anonymized and all personal data stripped. This would be immensely helpful for studying efficacy of approaches and inform responses to future pandemics - which will most definitely come

Too intrusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Just say it man. if Iceman's head explodes, it'll be like the 5th time he's died in the last two years. He always bounces back.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    - federally deputized medical personnel show up at your door demanding a saliva sample.
    - if anyone in household tests positive, everyone is given jewelry - an electronic ankle bracelet - and orders to self quarantine until feds come back to retest.
    - once everybody in household test negative for virus and positive for antibodies, they can mingle with others.
    - once pandemic is under control, the test swab data is anonymized and all personal data stripped. This would be immensely helpful for studying efficacy of approaches and inform responses to future pandemics - which will most definitely come

Too intrusive?
    I don't know, ask them whether they think a bullet is?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    God damn I was pissed today. After the stores were raided 2 weeks ago, they still haven't restocked my favorite San Marzano's. I'm making parm dammit! Stacks of tp, no great tomatoes. This is BS. We are fucked. (TM)
    Super lame tangent (who let their moms in here), but do you get the premium SM tomatoes? The generic brand I buy is a buck a can, and I see other brands for as high as 5 each. (CAD but yeah) Always wondered if the 5 dollar ones are five times better than the cheap ones.

Thinkin big picture type stuff tonight.

Shit's getting real.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Super lame tangent (who let their moms in here), but do you get the premium SM tomatoes? The generic brand I buy is a buck a can, and I see other brands for as high as 5 each. (CAD but yeah) Always wondered if the 5 dollar ones are five times better than the cheap ones.

Thinkin big picture type stuff tonight.
    SM tomatoes are a region protected TM, so even though the style and genetics are the same, they have to be from that specific region.

That being said, holy shit you are getting a deal on that varietal at a buck a can, even CD. Really, there is little difference. It takes one can to find out. Pull one out, squish it in your fingers with a good dash of salt and don't look back. The other one's are called "SM Style". Same fucking tomato, although the soil is completely different. If you want to split pallet hairs, there is a difference. You go with you. Make some sauce, we're all going to die, and you are Canadian. You would never notice the difference. I'll edit this post for a youtube vid that will help you out. I just have to remember how to find it.

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Shit's getting real.
    YO
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Lol. I currently live a few miles down the road from where this video was taken.

People in Hawaii are pushing for mandatory quarantine. But, according to the governor, he doesn't have that authority.

SM tomatoes are a region protected TM, so even though the style and genetics are the same, they have to be from that specific region.

That being said, holy shit you are getting a deal on that varietal at a buck a can, even CD. Really, there is little difference. It takes one can to find out. Pull one out, squish it in your fingers with a good dash of salt and don't look back. The other one's are called "SM Style". Same fucking tomato, although the soil is completely different. If you want to split pallet hairs, there is a difference. You go with you. Make some sauce, we're all going to die, and you are Canadian. You would never notice the difference. I'll edit this post for a youtube vid that will help you out. I just have to remember how to find it.
    FKNa thanks.

I was thinking of that girl in the pink coat from 'Schindlers List' today before seeing that clip.

Bought a bunch of .243 rounds for my rifle and got a little 380 pistol. And got 15 chickens. Converted the sauna into a coop. 10 eggs a day or so can't be bad at this point...

San Marzanos were the only tomatoes our grocery had left. I got a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Imagine this: I actually had to go to the other fully stocked grocery store to get what I wanted. And bucatini was on sale.

Pays to be the first rat lemmings.

As a matter of social protest, I almost want to skin right up Lindsey's and see who's going to write me a ticket. Then, rip it up in their face and see if they want to attempt to arrest me for a petty offense, then give them the finger, then.... well, I could go on.

Years and years ago when Owen was a tiny thing I begged Mikey B (telemike) when he was a ranger to write me a ticket for skinning using no resources and just accessing the BC on my own power. No fee paying BS.

He said, I hear you, gtfo, and don't be an asshole to my staff.

A couple year's ago a good friend came to me for advice about skinning east vail and being hassled. I told him straight the very same thing.

Well, he died last year hucking there.

That is fucking life right there.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's why I was thinking about this, same experience here. I'm looking around at sporadically empty shelves, deducting what used to be there and was generally thinking "oh they're just buying all the cheap shit lol" then saw the expensive tomatoes I've been avoiding only to then think I'm not as far removed from the morans as I thought I might be.

That's why I was thinking about this, same experience here. I'm looking around at sporadically empty shelves, deducting what used to be there and was generally thinking "oh they're just buying all the cheap shit lol" then saw the expensive tomatoes I've been avoiding only to then think I'm not as far removed from the morans as I thought I might be.
    I found an amazing 3 pound wild salmon for 30% off and just put up a monster batch of gravlax. I love it. I bet you can score corned beef for next to nothing.

So simple:

2/3 kosher salt or sea salt
    1/3 raw sugar
    a shitton of dill
    coriander seeds mashed up
    caraway seeds mashed
    white pepper
    saki or mirin.

Leave that in the fridge for a week in a tight zip or vac seal under some pressure (put your bottles on it), flip daily...

and OMFG. Winning. Been doing it for over 20 years. Fantastic. $7.00.

Hell, it's like $18 per pound for cured salmon. I could even throw some in my stovetop smoker and make lox which is over $20 per.

And, I know exactly how it's been treated. Super win.

I made spicy tuna rolls last night. Ate half of what I made. Net cost: $5 and really full, so $2.50 for the meal. I'll take it. Store didn't have any green onions, so I subbed out some really crunchy celery julianned that I had left over from St. Pats. It was delicious. I'll make an asian frittata with the rest.

Have tried to unplug the last few days. Are the Brits still going with the Herd Immunity strategy? Admittedly having 2nd thoughts about the shelter in place/kill,the economy strategy.

Pork shoulder .98 a lbs. vacuum sealed bag lasts in the fridge for a while.
    Basil plants leafing out

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Too intrusive?
    For context not sure if you know I’m being real unless I miss-read this article too.
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...every-resident

So then I’d say I’d be way more open to them tracking my motion via my phone than I would complete unadulterated access to it. For the ankle monitor nah bruh. If the virus dies out, great. If we have 1918 on our hands? Shits gettin realz yo
    #wearealliceman