Page 70 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    It's those kinda skillz that will make you well prepared for the apocalypse.
    Costco fig bars will be the new coin of the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Costco fig bars will be the new coin of the realm.
    Hence the need for the extra toilet paper?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A question for Summit. Once this hits with full force, is there a safe way for me to pick my nose or should I stock up on Q-tips and some Vaseline?

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/2116106...-covid19-china

Lead doctor who went to China. Containment is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Join WAFTA, promoting downhill and freeride trails in the Wasatch. www.waftautah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A question for Summit. Once this hits with full force, is there a safe way for me to pick my nose or should I stock up on Q-tips and some Vaseline?
    Neti pot filled with bleach

I was thinking about investing in bidet companies.

Once the toilet paper is bought out, people will need to start washing their asses like a B.O. and Gauloises reeking Frenchman every time they drop a deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/2116106...-covid19-china

Lead doctor who went to China. Containment is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, yeah. So, you tell me how the freedom loving American public will react to major cities being locked down, businesses closed, and major sporting and entertainment events cancelled, or played in empty stadiums. Yeah, that'll work here.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’m not understanding the toilet paper stockpiling. Diarrhea isn’t a symptom form what I hear. Do these idiots think all stores and commerce will end because some people get mild flu symptoms? Employers will stagger staff if needed. Sick stay home, not sick come to work, rotate. Most workers can’t afford to miss to work, this virus doesn’t fit the definition of a serious medical condition and being quarantined won’t qualify you for short term disability payments if your covered. It wouldn’t qualify for state sick pay or FMLA in WA unless you had complications.

Keep calm and carry on.

I’m looking forward to the indoor water park and science center this weekend, hopefully less crowds but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It a low 3-5% of cases so far, but SARS-CoV2 can cause lower GI issues and the virus can be amplified from poop in these people. I don't get the run(sic) on TP either. It's supposed to be quarantine, not Diabetes Appreciation week.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Way above my paygrade, but, wondering if the nations start full lockdowns and quarantines, how long till the internet and general phone coms start shutting down? No tgr forums, back to old school hang out, drink beer with local mags and talk smack?
    Master of mediocrity.

I wonder if meal/grocery delivery services could be a good investment right now?

I assumed the mass tp buying was in case you need to quarantine yourself for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Way above my paygrade, but, wondering if the nations start full lockdowns and quarantines, how long till the internet and general phone coms start shutting down? No tgr forums, back to old school hang out, drink beer with local mags and talk smack?
    Just the opposite. Binge watching and texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just the opposite. Binge watching and texting.
    You can probably get to 40,000 by April.

There's hope

You've really been getting them riled up in ECRC. Keep up the good work there.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’m not understanding the toilet paper stockpiling. Diarrhea isn’t a symptom form what I hear. Do these idiots think all stores and commerce will end because some people get mild flu symptoms? Employers will stagger staff if needed. Sick stay home, not sick come to work, rotate. Most workers can’t afford to miss to work, this virus doesn’t fit the definition of a serious medical condition and being quarantined won’t qualify you for short term disability payments if your covered. It wouldn’t qualify for state sick pay or FMLA in WA unless you had complications.

Keep calm and carry on.

I’m looking forward to the indoor water park and science center this weekend, hopefully less crowds but I doubt it.

you'll need the TP after the indoor water park for sure, just don't drink too much of the water and you might be ok

just look at the chipolte health issues a few years back when there low wage, no sick pay no vacation pay people show'd up to work and got hundreds of people sick
    gotta keep prices low in the service industry so what if the help is blowing their nose on your food and checking you out at the drug store

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Yesterday morning I went to Issaquah Costco and it was a madhouse. People were parking across the street etc. I went back in the evening and they were out of toilet paper and water. Water?
    Morons.
    about the same mentality when they predict a huge snow storm in the north east never understood stockpiling milk bread and cheese

fill your bathtubs with water it's all ending soon

Is that a high bar?
    I still call it The Jake.

Keeping calm and carrying on with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Costco hack - while everyone is mobbing the TP and sanitizers, I'm packing out the fig bars by the pallet.

Way under rated trade item..
    Dates, figs and mango chunks
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Dates, figs and mango chunks
    Dam. You’ll be shitting your brains out with all the fiber!!

Name:  IMG_0779.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  26.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Inside the collar, elbow, or tissue in hand. What’s the preferred method to “catch a cough?” Inquiring 9 year olds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    It’s odd being at the epicenter of something like this. The fire station quarantined is the one that supports my home and I am closer to it than I want to admit. The local grocery store is certain to have been contaminated. Sounds like it’s already loose in the community and there is not an abundance of caution being taken around here. Personally I’m going to be a homebody for the next month.
    I can take a joke about Washington but this virus is coming to a town near you so perhaps you’ll gain some perspective then. Kirkland is a pretty healthy fit town. We’ll see how CV does in other parts of the country.
    If the FD is under quarantine in your area (sorry by the way), what's the status of schools?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, yeah. So, you tell me how the freedom loving American public will react to major cities being locked down, businesses closed, and major sporting and entertainment events cancelled, or played in empty stadiums. Yeah, that'll work here.
    Hong Kong wiped out coronavirus too
    https://twitter.com/lokinhei/status/...028783116?s=21

Wiped out a bunch of other respiratory viruses while they were at it. Still working on their oppressive government issue.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Cross-posting ...

We'll know if Gilead's remdesivir provides a treatment option by the end of April. Trial ongoing. I suspect it will be partially effective which could reduce the death rate.

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-pres...nt-of-covid-19

Separately, there's an approved drug in Japan that may already have some efficacy in infected patients (and protect against new infection)?

Here's the paper that ID's this connection:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...304-4/fulltext

Here's the drug:
    https://drugs.ncats.io/substance/0FD207WKDU