Page 319 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    He'll be the oversight of course

In plain view

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    No, actually, Munchin's first proposal was to keep distribution of 500 billion secret for six months. Six months is after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    In his defense, he's presumably very Christian and the Bible is loaded with verses about Jesus telling the sick and crippled to take one for the team and hurry up and die.

My BIL, also very Christian but AFAIK doesn't own a MAGA hat, made almost the exact same comment in a Zoom call with the family on Sunday. Almost word-for-word said that a million old people dying would be worth it to get the economy going again. As if half the country getting sick, many of them seriously so, and a million-plus people dying in two months (2.8 million Americans died all of last year from all causes) wouldn't cause its own massive economic disruption.

Spain is starting to convert ice rinks into morgues. We're mostly focused on overwhelming the healthcare system, but there's also very little excess capacity in everything that happens between someone's heart stopping and the time they get lowered into a grave. The bodies will pile up faster than we can imagine.

This is also a symptom of how our society has discarded the family model. Old people have been discarded a long time ago. Almost one third of Americans live alone. This is not what happens in most of Europe. We've decided a long time ago that anybody is worthless over age 55.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That is good info. Thx.
    +1 on this, thanks Huckbucket!
    I forwarded this to Ms Boissal who was damn near brought to tears yesterday when her sister dug up a box on N95 she had forgotten about. They're already short on masks at the hospital and re-using them.

If we get a check from the fed it's going to her, she's a singer who works gigs in Park City and her husband runs a food truck. Needless to say both of their incomes have declined significantly in the past month. The food truck is still running but when I stopped by yesterday I was probably the 1st customer of the day. SIL's husband has been working solo as he can't pay his usual crew. He looked crushed, he's been working his ass off for 3 years with the food truck and was finally starting to turn a profit now that he's well established.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    He'll be the oversight of course

In plain view

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Will a "OR YOU'RE FIRED" get compliance? Tips I learned working summers in shit for the city. Wash hands a lot. Wear coveralls to work in. Open soft pack Marlbobos from the bottom of the pack. Nobody had to saynot to touch your face.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Cuomo is an idiot. His response has not helped NY in any way. Look at how bad it is there right now....
    Your previous statements have left you with a complete lack of credibility. That statement didn't help.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Will a "OR YOU'RE FIRED" get compliance? Tips I learned working summers in shit for the city. Wash hands a lot. Wear coveralls to work in. Open soft pack Marlbobos from the bottom of the pack. Nobody had to saynot to touch your face.
    Why open cigs from the bottom?
    I don’t get that one
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Think about what’s coming.

NYC will be the first, and worst of it. It’s going to be chaotic, and the media is going to milk it for all it’s worth.

And then, Seattle and SF, LA will get what’s left over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The media should just shut the fuck up, stop working and let the rest of us die in peace dammit!

yet a certain congruity.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

In his defense, he's presumably very Christian and the Bible is loaded with verses about Jesus telling the sick and crippled to take one for the team and hurry up and die.

My BIL, also very Christian but AFAIK doesn't own a MAGA hat, made almost the exact same comment in a Zoom call with the family on Sunday. Almost word-for-word said that a million old people dying would be worth it to get the economy going again.
    Anyone over the age of 60 on that family call?

My BIL, also very Christian but AFAIK doesn't own a MAGA hat, made almost the exact same comment in a Zoom call with the family on Sunday. Almost word-for-word said that a million old people dying would be worth it to get the economy going again. As if half the country getting sick, many of them seriously so, and a million-plus people dying in two months (2.8 million Americans died all of last year from all causes) wouldn't cause its own massive economic disruption.

Spain is starting to convert ice rinks into morgues. We're mostly focused on overwhelming the healthcare system, but there's also very little excess capacity in everything that happens between someone's heart stopping and the time they get lowered into a grave. The bodies will pile up faster than we can imagine.

See above. That attitude is probably quite common.
    Agreed on the attitude, unfortunately. It's not restricted to the red hats either.

The other thing is I haven't seen much focus on how this could possibly damage peoples lungs permanently. On the short- and long-term it seems like that would have an economic effect.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Your previous statements have left you with a complete lack of credibility. That statement didn't help.
    What comments are those? And I guess you are an expert on judging credibility for the rest of the world and anyone that post on the internet. I am glad that we have you here to set us all straight. Some of you are proving your intolerance for anyone with a differing view then you.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Anyone over the age of 60 on that family call?
    Yes. The guy told his 72 y.o. mother she's disposable right to her virtual face. I don't know know if I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.

Cuomo is an idiot. His response has not helped NY in any way. Look at how bad it is there right now....
    <No Statement at All>

Guy is a blabbering idiot.
    What comments are those? And I guess you are an expert on judging credibility for the rest of the world and anyone that post on the internet. I am glad that we have you here to set us all straight. Some of you are proving your intolerance for anyone with a differing view then you.
    You really are a moron. If you want to know what a blabbering idiot looks like there's a mirror in that little room down the hall... Intolerance? Fuck you man I have dead and sick friends and you're spewing shit about my neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed on the attitude, unfortunately. It's not restricted to the red hats either.

The other thing is I haven't seen much focus on how this could possibly damage peoples lungs permanently. On the short- and long-term it seems like that would have an economic effect.
    The fibrosis is what worries me the most. Being sick, really sick, probably won't hurt more than 2 heart attacks within 2 hours of each other so I'm good with that (I think) but permanently hobbled by reduced lung capacity would just suck.

Yes. The guy told his 72 y.o. mother she's disposable right to her virtual face. I don't know know if I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.
    You'll almost feel better after you kick him in the nuts. Twice.

"Not long after President Trump wrapped up his briefing Monday evening, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) defended the president in an appearance on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” casting the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity for older people to make sacrifices for the sake of their grandchildren’s economy.

Patrick, who turns 70 next week, made the case for restarting the country’s businesses, telling Carlson, “I’m not living in fear of covid-19. What I’m living in fear of is what’s happening to this country.”

“And you know, Tucker, no one reached out to me and said, ‘As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’ ” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”

I say we take the fucker up on this. Sign a directive refusing all medical care in the event you test positive and then get your big tough ass back out there and save the economy pal. Frankly, I don't give a shit if this guy dies, but I don't want him killing a health care worker or using equipment that could save other lives.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck! 16 residents of the facility my 94 year old FIL lives in have confirmed cases. They're not moving them to the hospital or out of the building because there's no place to move them to. We're not allowed to see him or take him out to our house now. Fuck! Can you imagine the guy lived through the epidemic in Hungary when he was a little boy, lived through the Holocaust because he was a young man and they put him on a work detail, walked from Hungary to the west coast of France after the war sneaking around at night because he had no papers then making his way to the US on an Army transport ship to work for his cousin that got out before the war. He got here and ended up doing very well for himself but a few years ago the mind went away, dementia got him, and we had to move him to this place. Fuck!
    I feel you. My Dad is in long term care and my Mom normally spends 6+ hours with him there 7 days a week keeping him company and feeding him. Now they are not allowing visitors (appropriately) in anticipation of the virus hitting them at some point. There is 0% chance my Dad will survive contracting this virus. As I work on the other side of the country there is no reason to go back as I can't visit with him anyway - plus I'm needed here.

Hope your FIL survives this - sounds like he's survived some crazy situations in his life - may that resilience keep him safe through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Currently trying to wrap my head around what it would be like to just go back to work and act like things are normal. Would anyone really do that, besides the red hat nutters? Even if the administration takes executive action to force companies back to work and ignore the state edicts, will anyone really want to go out to dinner at a restaurant? Go to a bar? Is he going to force the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. to start playing games again? Re-open colleges, schools, etc.? Are people going to actually listen to him?
    I think you are underestimating how truly clueless and selfish a lot of people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, that's my sig, and pretty sure Keith wrote that.
    Keith started it as a song about having to leave his newborn son to go on the road. Mick wrote most of the lyrics and turned it into a song about a man woman relationship.
    https://americansongwriter.com/behin...s-wild-horses/

By that logic we should just stop all medical interventions and let everybody die when their time comes. Newborns, women in childbirth, car accident victims, etc., etc..

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    The amount of pressure the unions are applying to keep tradesman working must be wild in places like NYC. It’s pissing me off thinking about it.

Another one not fully being reported are the young ppl being asked to be on Wall Street desks...these kids have “global” bosses working from the hamptons, beach home and anywhere BUT the office or offsite. These kids and their middle managers are dropping like flies, who’s behind them....no one.

The moral side of this situation for all industries and making ppl work certain roles is outrageous.
    I think attributing this to unions is misplaced. I'm in Tennessee, with one of the lowest unionization rates in the country. I remarked a couple of days ago to my wife that it seemed that the least affected industry so far was construction. We have had a massive boom here in Nashville in the last few years, and every project I see still has workers swarming. The impetus for that isn't coming from unions here.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You really are a moron. If you want to know what a blabbering idiot looks like there's a mirror in that little room down the hall... Intolerance? Fuck you man I have dead and sick friends and you're spewing shit about my neighborhood
    I see your reading comprehension is on the lower level of the scale. I never said one bad thing about your neighborhood. I did not realize Cuomo was your neighborhood. Do we say "fuck you" to anyone that says something bad about Trump, claiming they are spewing shit about the US? I don't think so. Just like Trump doesn't define all US citizens, Cuomo doesn't define all of NY.

Sorry to hear you have sick family and friends and have lost some of them in all this shit. I have family and several friends in Brooklyn...you are overreacting to comments about NY's governor. You are way to sensitive to actually be a New Yorker. Be honest...you live in San Fran don't you?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Damn the bastards for covering the biggest story since 1945!
    Yeah, but that’s not my point. People are throwing numbers around and who don’t understand them. Tugging at everyone’s heart about New York. Bashing the Orangeman. Cuomo was talking about 25k cases vs California, but how much further along their curve are they?

The rest of the country could be fucked if we don’t look ahead at the other hotspots and realize we can’t move shit around like he’s saying.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ...an even bigger concern is the funds used as a cudgel to win electoral votes—bail out red and swing states, scraps for blue states.
    Absolutely. It's already playing out. Throwing it to the governors, essentially making them compete with one other as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I say we take the fucker up on this. Sign a directive refusing all medical care in the event you test positive and then get your big tough ass back out there and save the economy pal. Frankly, I don't give a shit if this guy dies, but I don't want him killing a health care worker or using equipment that could save other lives.
    Times a million. Good post.