Page 366 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 41810
    Our modern, contemporary moment that is much like Marie Antionette's Let Them Eat Cake line.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/statu...62967555870721

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Hard to say really

100k cases yesterday approx. But recall har due to under testing who really knows the real number? That 100k doubles every 2.5 days on a 32% increase.

10 days - 1.6million cases

Let's take the lower end fatality rate of 0.5% - 8,000 fatalities
    Totally. I'm positive that my estimate will end up being way off. But if not, remember, a random environmental scientist dude on a ski forum had it calculated in late March!

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Totally. I'm positive that my estimate will end up being way off. But if not, remember, a random environmental scientist dude on a ski forum had it calculated in late March!
    Ha. True. Here's a breakdown by country and by age from Oxford University fyi https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global...atality-rates/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Our modern, contemporary moment that is much like Marie Antionette's Let Them Eat Cake line.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/statu...62967555870721
    I don't even understand the point she was trying to make here. Everyone already knows the current situation we are in. Everyone who has a functioning brain realizes you can't get your fucking nails done right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    New test, 9 mins for positive, 13 for negative, 50,000 tests being sent out this week.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#3bb446f96086
    When the storm settles I wonder if these tests will part of our daily lives. Like to fly, you have to get tested while in security. Go the baseball game? Test at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I don't even understand the point she was trying to make here. Everyone already knows the current situation we are in. Everyone who has a functioning brain realizes you can't get your fucking nails done right now.
    She and always has been an airhead eyecandy designed to get old white guys to watch Fox. Along with most of the fox stable of blonde airheads.

When the storm settles I wonder if these tests will part of our daily lives. Like to fly, you have to get tested while in security. Go the baseball game? Test at the gates.
    Until we build herd immunity or this fizzles I think so.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just started a road ride out of my town's H.S. parking lot, and this was the scene when I got back to my car. Nice nearly 60 degree sunny day. All girls, one to a car, parked about ten feet from each other, chattering. It's a new thing for white girls.

Seems like a great way to not go insane and not see your friends.

Mom: “How was seeing your friends honey”

Daughter: “Was a good time except for the creepy older guy on a bike taking pictures of us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    R.I. National Guard looks for New Yorkers. I guess they’re not doing enough themselves.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/rhode-...avirus-refuge/
    Sorry, I just had to.

In Seattle a few of the homeless shelters are in full lock down for 14 days. That means none of the homeless can go in, or out, of the facility for 14 days. And some of the staff has volunteered to be locked up with the homeless in the facility for 14 days. Seems like a good idea, but after 14 days, it will just be back to business as normal and the virus will spread.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Abbot delivering 50k tests per day is huge. That means in about 30 days we can reach the testing level of S Korea (0.5% of population) and start taking the next steps to sort the sick from the healthy from the immune.

Ya can’t control what ya can’t measure
    And to add that, an antibody tester as well: Who has gone through the C.
    That would be crucial for individuals in healthcare etc so the resources could be utilised better.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

China reporting around 3,300 deaths and claiming no new cases...and yet 10,000 urns were just shipped to Wuhan...right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    That would be crucial for individuals in healthcare etc so the resources could be utilised better.
    I read somewhere, and this thread moves so fast there's no way I could find the link, that the asymptomatic carriers would not have the antibodies and could still become infected. Something about the virus needing to reach the lymph nodes to elicit a response from the immune system.

Any of you epidentists know anything about that?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

From a friend:

“Quarantine is like being in Vegas. You’re loosing money by the minute, you’re drinking all hours of the day and you don’t know what the date is.”
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

so true

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    China reporting around 3,300 deaths and claiming no new cases...and yet 10,000 urns were just shipped to Wuhan...right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think it's fairly safe to say we can't trust China's numbers.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Italians:
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    From a friend:

“Quarantine is like being in Vegas. You’re loosing money by the minute, you’re drinking all hours of the day and you don’t know what the date is.”
    Well now that it's after 10:00am here on the west coast, I think it's time for a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Around 1000 people normally die per month of all causes in Wuhan... perhaps 5000 in Hubei province.

PRC is not above hiding deaths... or causing deaths... commies gonna commie.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

China’s numbers are bullshit? Who would have predicted that?

Epidentists (love that, powdork) - dont' forget to change from your daytime pajamas into your nighttime pajamas at 9 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    I’m not sure it’s been confirmed how and when immunity is established. It sounds nice, but every credible seeming article I read on this has big caveats that we don’t really know how this part works with this virus.
    focus.

Chinese Rat Flu

Name:  IMG_5330.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  77.3 KB
    Too poly? Too bad, too good.