Page 259 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Agree, it works wonders
    Attachment 321071

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Screw those lady gadgets. Get a real man tool if you want rehab...if your girly man muscles can handle it...

Name:  opove 3.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  47.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    If a company gets a bailout do you actually think the front line workers will receive a penny??.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    maybe they won't lose their jobs - or they will be rehired or someone else will be rehired? something to think about

keep on drinking from the neo liberal water fountain and may you get fucked as hard as many people are about to

Fire/ EMS Update #4- SW Edition

Sorry Mags, I’m trying to keep these on the regular, but it’s fucking nuts...

We are at 35 confirmed in NM. That is solely due to lack of testing. Period. What the actual number is, who fucking knows....
    Our firefighters are amazing. They continue to selflessly run 250+ calls a day, with THE question in the back of their minds......Is this the one?
    As Summit, Natty, and others have stated, the PPE shortage is going to be a giant, severe, and life-threatening problem..Like now. I would ask all of you to light up Congress and the WH’s switchboard demanding ALL PPE production be ramped up and solely dedicated to hospitals and first responders.
    Ten of our members in quarantine. No positive tests. Yet. That will change.. it’s math, people.
    On a personal note, I feel like I’m a resilient person. I e been doing this for 23 years. That being said,I’m exhausted. Every “solution” leads to 3 more questions.....And I try to come home, to my family, and put a smiley face on....But they’re already going stir crazy, and I don’t have the heart to tell them this is week one in a month’s long pandemic....
    Stay home. Stay healthy. Send vibes to all of us. I will keep you updated. -S
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Screw those lady gadgets. Get a real man tool if you want rehab...if your girly man muscles can handle it...

Name:  opove 3.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  47.0 KB
    Damn, should have gone all black on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fire/ EMS Update #4- SW Edition

Sorry Mags, I’m trying to keep these on the regular, but it’s fucking nuts...

We are at 35 confirmed in NM. That is solely due to lack of testing. Period. What the actual number is, who fucking knows....
    Our firefighters are amazing. They continue to selflessly run 250+ calls a day, with THE question in the back of their minds......Is this the one?
    As Summit, Natty, and others have stated, the PPE shortage is going to be a giant, severe, and life-threatening problem..Like now. I would ask all of you to light up Congress and the WH’s switchboard demanding ALL PPE production be ramped up and solely dedicated to hospitals and first responders.
    Ten of our members in quarantine. No positive tests. Yet. That will change.. it’s math, people.
    On a personal note, I feel like I’m a resilient person. I e been doing this for 23 years. That being said,I’m exhausted. Every “solution” leads to 3 more questions.....And I try to come home, to my family, and put a smiley face on....But they’re already going stir crazy, and I don’t have the heart to tell them this is week one in a month’s long pandemic....
    Stay home. Stay healthy. Send vibes to all of us. I will keep you updated. -S
    Thanks. Hang in there man.

PPE is crazy

Wifey spending hundreds of bucks, expecting the system won’t have enough for her personal protection.

Many docs across the us saying fuck paper n95 masks, going full darth Vader mask

Can’t blame them. But can blame the system
    Fuck this shit.
    . . .

Talking "He's just buying votes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ Heh. Thx for that.

@Spats, let me elaborate. Sending everyone $1000 (and hey, $500 for the young ‘uns!) will do absolutely nothing to mitigate the virus spread or the effects of the disease on people. Comparing it to curing cancer, even mentioning curing cancer when discussing that bald-faced attempt at bribery is something only the most craven of Trump dick-suckers would attempt.
    "He's not doing anything for the working people of America who lost their jobs!"

President Trump immediately cancels interest on all student loans
    President Trump immediately pauses all evictions and foreclosures on federal properties and loans
    President Trump immediately LITERALLY GIVES EVERYONE MONEY

"Trump is just buying votes!"

===

Meanwhile, I'll continue bringing solid information to this thread.

Other stuff being done right now

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    Have I missed any? PM me the link!

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    maybe they won't lose their jobs - or they will be rehired or someone else will be rehired? something to think about

keep on drinking from the neo liberal water fountain and may you get fucked as hard as many people are about to
    Your magical thinking is all too prevalent,......https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/business/31pay.html ........https://www.cbsnews.com/news/16b-of-...ent-to-execs/#....https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ailout-113270/.....https://www.propublica.org/article/t...actual-numbers
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

no - it's called a solid understanding of economics

nobody has money - nobody spends money - business go out of business - no business - no jobs - it's called a death spiral and leads to depressions

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The churches, homeless shelter, and library are all closed....
    And today the public transit agency I work for just announced free bus fare. So now every bored laid off person will cram on the bus with homeless people trying to stay warm cramming together with the fragile elderly who need the bus to get to food/medicine/dialysis etc.

Continuing to operate strikes me as irresponsible but understandable in some sense. Making the thing free, which effectively turns us into a rolling homeless shelter, is indescribably reckless given the number of vulnerable and/or elderly people who also use the system.
    Fuck

Bureaucrats who fail upward seldom foresee unintended consequences.

The busses are free here too.

who does foresee unintended consequences?

This sshit is almost certainly criminal: https://www.propublica.org/article/s...s-preparedness

I bet anything he's not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This sshit is almost certainly criminal: https://www.propublica.org/article/s...s-preparedness

He's not.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-ke...ing?ref=scroll

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

i clicked the first ny times link - it is from 2009 - all tarp loans were repaid at a profit to the us treasury

you are so fucking stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    "He's not doing anything for the working people of America who lost their jobs!"

President Trump immediately cancels interest on all student loans
    President Trump immediately pauses all evictions and foreclosures on federal properties and loans
    President Trump immediately LITERALLY GIVES EVERYONE MONEY

"Trump is just buying votes!"

===

Meanwhile, I'll continue bringing solid information to this thread.

Other stuff being done right now

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    Have I missed any? PM me the link!
    Fuck. You.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Here’s wtf I want to know:
    How is a restaurant/bar/gym/sportsball game/office full of people so dangerous we have to kill the economy to eliminate the threat, but a bus full of people even closer together is somehow ok?

Thanks Sean. Keep fighting the good fight.

Heard on NPR a scientist from Duke who says he has a test which will detect COVID 19 antibodies, which means people who had the disease or think they had they disease but recovered without being tested can be tested after the fact. It would be very useful for someone to know they had had the virus since hopefully they would be immune to the virus and could behave accordingly. They would still need a negative PCR to show they were not still actively infected. (The immunity issue is still up in the air I think.) He says he can have it generally available in weeks.

Maybe people would need proof of COVID antibodies and negative PCR as well as a DL to get into a bar.

How is a restaurant/bar/gym/sportsball game/office full of people so dangerous we have to kill the economy to eliminate the threat, but a bus full of people even closer together is somehow ok?
    you can't strand people who depend on public transportation - i would imagine the thought is that many of these people that depend on public transportation may be in a worse situation then they were before

hence free fare

Name:  IMG_5258.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  80.7 KB

The honest answer is that politicians above a certain pay grade (I hate that fucking phrase) don't care about poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Heard on NPR a scientist from Duke who says he has a test which will detect COVID 19 antibodies, which means people who had the disease or think they had they disease but recovered without being tested can be tested after the fact. It would be very useful for someone to know they had had the virus since hopefully they would be immune to the virus and could behave accordingly. (The immunity issue is still up in the air I think.) He says he can have it generally available in weeks.
    We need this so bad for epidemiology and deciding on a course of action for the country

people congregating spreads the disease... what the fuck do you not understand?

I feel for your plight man and my offer stands to find you and your fam work if I can, over here or over there if you want to duck and run.

But one small answer to your q is that some people need access to food and medicine through the bus. Sorry people are abusing it.