Page 462 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Thx. I thought it was a DR Fauci interview who said D was December. I definitely saw it on TV tho, not on the inter-webs

The D can be whatever you want it to be.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Guy brought a lot of joy to a lot people, shared one bad meme, and people are shitting laughing at him and glad he died. Benny, use your brain.

Hey, he chose his side.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Certain doom was being predicted for Alabama, and now predicting no bed shortage?
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
    The explanation is at top of the page: "COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

Models aren’t crystal balls, just snapshots of possibilities based on input parameters like social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The explanation is at top of the page: "COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

Models aren’t crystal balls just snapshots of possibilities based on input parameters, one of which is social distancing.
    As far as I know, it's said that at the top of the page for a while. The point is, that this seems to be trending better?

^ A good sign strategies can work.

Benny's link above talks about how one Italian town beat coronavirus with an emphasis on testing but the behavioral changes it describes are probably just as significant. Settling in for the long haul sucks but it seems to be working:

As one of the first places to impose a rapid and successful quarantine, Vò also offers insight into the post-virus world. Residents remain anxious about reinfection, and many are reluctant to spend time outside their homes. As the rest of Italy continues to struggle with social distancing, the residents of Vò are embracing the notion that it could be safer to remain locked in their homes for longer still.

“When the town opened back up, before the countrywide lockdown was imposed, people were still thinking things would get better soon,” says Luca Martini. But now, “people are more scared of going out than before – we’re safer today than we were when people could come in and out, and bring the virus back”.

On 28 March, a new case emerged in Vò, followed by another. The infected people, who had caught the virus outside the town, were placed under quarantine immediately, but the new cases served as a reminder of the perils of lifting a lockdown prematurely.
    Luca Martini has settled into quarantine for the long haul. He doesn’t expect normality to return for at least a year. “First, we ought to open up the more essential shops, and limit the number of people that can get in them, then open up the restaurants and not the bars, just for lunch and not for dinner.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/science...at-coronavirus

Maybe we should go back to shooting off fireworks in the forests?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Maybe we should go back to shooting off fireworks in the forests?
    I think it's best to leave that to the professionals at PG&E.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    As far as I know, it's said that at the top of the page for a while. The point is, that this seems to be trending better?
    I posted this a couple of days ago. It breaks down the differences state by state from the April 1 model vs. the April 5 model.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/i...he-latest-data

Most recent model is showing a lot less carnage in the less densely populated states that were slow to implement distancing, but now have done so at least to a certain extent (e.g., Alabama as you note, and Tennessee, where I am).

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I read his post on last Thursday morning. The topper was that I literally woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lasted 3 days... assume it was regular head cold at this point.... or allergies... or Covid from another source...
    Probably the same thing happened to him. After his "oh no, I have covid, karma is a bitch", he didn't want to have to change course again so came up with his lameass April Fool's explanation. Maybe he should run for President because his communication reminds me of our daily White House briefings.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I assume your friend is now waiting outside ER with a broken jaw?
    I had a coworker that called in sick with "symptoms" and then went mia for a few days before letting us know it was nothing. I haven't seen him yet but I'm still thinking about punching him in the face almost two weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, it's good to hear a coach speak the truth. Football is money. We can sacrifice a few for the state.

"Saying that people in his state are relying on the revenue generated by his players, Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy declared his intention Tuesday to begin bringing members of his program back to the school’s training facility May 1.

Speaking on a conference call with reporters, Gundy said he thought tests for the novel coronavirus could be available in a few weeks to allow his program to begin screening staffers, with his players returning shortly thereafter. He added that his players could be back on campus in the fall, even if other OSU students continue with distance learning, or that his players could be sequestered from the rest of the school to limit their exposure to covid-19.

“In my opinion, we need to bring our players back,” said Gundy (via Sports Illustrated), who has posted a 129-64 record over 15 seasons with the Cowboys. “They are 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 years old, and they are healthy and they have the ability to fight this virus off.

“If that is true, then we sequester them and continue, because we need to run money through the state of Oklahoma.”"
    The above is fucked

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone else lie awake last night thinking about how much more accomplished Hitler was in his life compared to yours? He wrote a very popular book, was a great speaker, a vegetarian who didn't drink or smoke, dabbled in art, won the rare Iron Cross medal for service in World War 1, VERY charismatic, and loved dogs.

Gretchen? You too?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    The above is America in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Guy brought a lot of joy to a lot people, shared one bad meme. . . .
    He almost certainly passed the virus to a significant number of other people and likely persuaded other people to forebear from social distancing and from taking other measures to flatten the curve. FTR, I find no joy in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone else lie awake last night thinking about how much more accomplished Hitler was in his life compared to yours? He wrote a very popular book, was a great speaker, a vegetarian who didn't drink or smoke, dabbled in art, won the rare Iron Cross medal for service in World War 1, VERY charismatic, and loved dogs.

Gretchen? You too?
    Not sure if this is serious or a joke. The iron cross that he was so proud of was actually awarded to his Jewish commander in WW1 that he took credit for Don Draper style.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Not sure if this is serious or a joke.
    Um...

That's disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Not sure if this is serious or a joke. The iron cross that he was so proud of was actually awarded to his Jewish commander in WW1 that he took credit for Don Draper style.
    which makes it an even better analogy to gretchen's virtual fellating of the human cheeto

Damn.... Plan B is no longer viable: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/u...drops-out.html

Bad move Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I’ve got the same thing, it dies down during the day for me. I usually never have headaches.
    How long have had these symptoms? It's well over three weeks for me.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

From NY Times, Nikki Haley says stop blaming Trump and start blaming your local state governor.

"Governors complaining about the president are, in some cases, attempting to distract from their own failures."

"Governors are the most successful when they are given the flexibility to lead. The federal government can provide the resources, but it should not take away too much flexibility."

"We will look back and see that governors rose to meet the challenge, and they did it best when Washington did not impose too much on them."

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    He almost certainly passed the virus to a significant number of other people and likely persuaded other people to forebear from social distancing and from taking other measures to flatten the curve. FTR, I find no joy in his death.
    Nor am I sad. Same for BoJo. I would not wish COVID on anybody, but when certain people get it I shed no tears. It's not because they're assholes, but because they actively circumvented prevention.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Nor am I sad. Same for BoJo. I would not wish COVID on anybody, but when certain people get it I shed no tears. It's not because they're assholes, but because they actively circumvented prevention.
    And we're talking about people who have a huge sphere of influence over other people - including poor and disadvantaged people. It's almost like their anti-science approach to life is not consistent with reality - it would be sad if that only came back to bite themselves in the ass - but when we can't criticize them because they're dead then we're doomed to keep repeating their mistakes (as a society)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post

not saying covid 19 will not pass everyone probably by next Monday but its not its not at 1970 fatalities yet.

will be interesting to see where it finishes the year at, but if it's responsible for 80,000 deaths; it will have been less deadly than diabetes at 220 per day.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !