Page 432 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Still can't upload images to give the daily tally.

A reminder that this is still probably your best resource:
    https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest
    Yet. Carry on, Sir.
    Your info is greatly appreciated.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I think it's time.
    Make it multiple choice. Game shows have been hard hit by the COVID-19.

Or is an exercise in match the ip?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Thanks... that seems to be the one issue. It's only a box of 10, but if one mask was not sealed, that would still be f'd. And with the Kraft recent delivery to this area, probably no reason to take this risk. I'm not going to put these in circulation (except for local/resident dentists).
    Rubberbands and staples can make them pretty much new again. I just found a couple unused N95s in my rv that are prolly 6-7 years old. But they look and act like brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Make it multiple choice. Game shows have been hard hit by the COVID-19.

Or is an exercise in match the ip?
    For a competitive game show approach, I think a 'match the tone' multiple choice would be kinda cool.
    Some of these aliai's split personalities eek through the cracks of their personai.

If you were having a drink at a bar and some old dude next to you started talking like our president, you'd move away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    If you were having a drink at a bar and some old dude next to you started talking like our president, you'd move away from him.
    It's the hand motions that are the creepiest; from the clone of a third rate used car salesman.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

: "Residents of city in Texas face $1K fine for not covering nose, mouth in public
    https://t.co/TC6UDhZ4m3" / Twitter

A summary: America leads in coronavirus cases, but not pandemic response

Ok, the next big step is for Italy to relax, and then we see what happens. Can't trust China.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There's going to be a ton of church goers in Florida who will be very sick in (counting on fingers) oh, about two weeks. Don't know about the synagogue worshipers. From what I've seen, Jews aren't that stupid.
    Wait .,,,,, I'm sensing a potential silver lining .......

Thanks for the link.

Somebody said it's only this thread where the uploader isn't working, maybe there's a limit of attachements per thread? Or maybe per poster in a thread? If you feel like fucking with it you might go back and delete one or two and then try to post a new one and see what happens.

Of course if you don't feel like fucking with that's fine too. Thanks for all the good info either way.

today I had trouble in another way smaller thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There's going to be a ton of church goers in Florida who will be very sick in (counting on fingers) oh, about two weeks. Don't know about the synagogue worshipers. From what I've seen, Jews aren't that stupid.
    Ultra orthodox are that stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

All of the trials to date have been smaller and looked at surrogates to infection resolution primarily because proving the difference between a 97% infection resolution (SOC) and 99% or 100% on HCQ requires a few hundred patients which takes time. By surrogates I mean things like reduction in coughing and reduction of viral load via the QRT-PCR detection test.

Does it work? Does it not work? The answer may be more subtle than that. For example, HCQ is published to reduce the expression of proteins called toll-like receptors (TLRs). These proteins are critical for mediating what's called innate immunity. Innate immunity is your body fast, first line immune defense against pathogens. Contrast that with adaptive immune with includes B and T cell responses (think antibodies and long term immunity like that achieved with a vaccine). If HCQ knocks down TLRs, then it might not be suitable for prophylactic use as it might blunt the initial immune response to infection which ironically could make it worse. All of the studies to date have been on patients confirmed to be infected either by QRT-PCR, x-ray of the lungs, or both.

Here's another little anecdote to be aware of HCQ has been tested in combination with metformin which is a very commonly used oral diabetes med. The combination was lethal in 30-40% of mice regardless of immune status (immune competent or incompetent mice). I can post the paper if anyone wants to see the dosages used. It may sound like a stretch, but perhaps this contributes to the higher fatality rate in diabetics?

We need to do well controlled tests out of fear that we will hurt people unnecessarily. This is why pumping untested drugs is so dangerous.
    surrogate endpoints are valuable for docs treating patients--even if all you do is get patients out of the hospital a day or two sooner or make them contagious a day or two less it helps. but the study that the public wants is the study that says the drug cures Covid 19 and we can all go to the bars. and my guess is that if that were happening we would already know. sorry, y'all. you can all go back to napping.

Also--why are people upset about trump not wearing a mask. seems like a win to me.

Been kind of on the edge of my chair a little all day waiting for today's promised update from IHWE, I hope they get that out. Up near the top it says when the next update is, so far it's still April 4: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ultra orthodox are that stupid
    Yeah, for sure, they're actually having problems with them in Israel right now, but, not much of a factor in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Also--why are people upset about trump not wearing a mask. seems like a win to me.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I agree... looks like a glitch in your quoting me twice?

On another note, does anyone know if N95 masks have an expiration date? I found a stash that I placed in a closet not long after 911. Lots of talk about biological terrorism, so I put a box on the top closet shelf. Things are at least 18 years old, so I'd hate to donate to a hospital/ Doctor and find out they were no longer any good.

EDIT: Seems like they are ok: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...s/FAQ-N95.aspx
    Yeah, likely. I noticed other glitches in this thread trying to quote 4matic, but it kept quoting someone else, so gave up.

He is probably having red masks with Keep America Great made in China right now. $9.99 on his campaign website. 3 for 33 dollars. Such a deal.

Chinese Rat Flu

I’d love to see the model they’ve been hyping claiming 100-240k deaths at the end of this. Not to diminish the seriousness of the overall issue at hand, but I’ve been skeptical of that number from day 1 it was released. Hope I’m right.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’d love to see the model they’ve been hyping claiming 100-240k deaths at the end of this. Not to diminish the seriousness of the overall issue at hand, but I’ve been skeptical of that number from day 1 it was released. Hope I’m right.
    Wait for the South to fall again.

Georgia beaches open! Pah-tee!

I'd bet the house the tally will get over 100K in time.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Define in time.. If we’re talking about compiling years together I might agree with you, because I foresee another wave next winter. For 2020 though, na don’t think so. But like Benny said, we do have states like Georgia, so who am I kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not that it's something I'm particularly keen on betting on, but I'm guessing we'll hit 100k deaths by April 20-ish. The doubling rate on all of those graphs (that apparently can't be posted in here anymore) would need to roll over pretty hard for that not to happen. Given that things are just ramping up in the south, I'm skeptical we'll see that roll over on a national level any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Define in time.. If we’re talking about compiling years together I might agree with you, because I foresee another wave next winter. For 2020 though, na don’t think so. But like Benny said, we do have states like Georgia, so who am I kidding.
    Atlanta is a damn big city.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Not that it's something I'm particularly keen on betting on, but I'm guessing we'll hit 100k deaths by April 20-ish. The doubling rate on all of those graphs (that apparently can't be posted in here anymore) would need to roll over pretty hard for that not to happen. Given that things are just ramping up in the south, I'm skeptical we'll see that roll over on a national level any time soon.
    I was going to say sometime during the first week of May. It seems likely that it will kill a lot of people in the south, but the densities there aren't like the NYC Metro, so I don't think it will spread as explosively.

But I agree, I think this thing will kill 100-250k Americans this Spring, and probably at least that many again this fall.