Page 402 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    some town of about 3,000 in Italy had everyone tested, better than 50% that tested positive had no symptoms. those people are still carriers, but it really had no affect on them.
    That is a bit scary.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I don't get this 'old folks have no societal value' argument. I interact with many older people, from several distinct cultures, and none of their lives I would consider 'supplementary' to our society. They are childcare providers for their grandkids, teachers with a vast experience on many topics including culture and language. They volunteer their time and expertise in the community at near full time equivalents in healthcare, education, community support services, SAR, community boards and committees where the regular working-for-a-paycheque folks are unable to fully engage.
    It must be a sad community to live in where once a person retires from the formal workforce, that they are then considered to be of little or no value to that community.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But, now we have science, not speculation.
    It was not speculation. A simple Google of covid underlying conditions brought up the same stats back then.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    It must be a sad community to live in where once a person retires from the formal workforce, that they are then considered to be of little or no value to that community.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    That is a bit scary.
    Here at the Branch Covidian compound in beautiful (today at least) Londonderry VT, we are selecting such individuals to join our fellowship:
    Covid resistant individuals to spread God's message through future pandemics.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I've never heard the term "buff" used for a neck gaiter before this thread as far as I recall. Weird.

And to add to Sweden, if I may. This morning deaths were 170, today that went up by 59.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've never heard the term "buff" used for a neck gaiter before this thread as far as I recall. Weird.
    It's a brand.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've always called it a dickey.

Nursing home in Gallatin TN has sent over 100 people to the hospital w/ COVID, 4 dead. National Guard brought in to assist. 179 reported cases in the county which is just outside of Nashville.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/2-dead-100...0e71a02a6.html
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

It may sound cruel, but anybody now sick on a cruise ship deserves to die. How stupid could you be to get on one of them at a time like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It means nobody cares about Sweden or their meatballs.
    Dammit - now I'm hungry for Swedish meatballs...

It may sound cruel, but anybody now sick on a cruise ship deserves to die. How stupid could you be to get on one of them at a time like this?
    ... totally dick comment. Who the fuck are you to determine who "deserves" to live and die. Criticize their decision all you like.

Name:  k0rgn4zfc6q41.png
Views: 477
Size:  127.1 KB

now that Sarah Sanders isn't there to coordinate messaging across the brand we're seeing them get mixed up a bit

It's a brand.
    So it's kind of like Kleenex?

Some cruises are 2 months long... or more.

I don't get this 'old folks have no societal value' argument. I interact with many older people, from several distinct cultures, and none of their lives I would consider 'supplementary' to our society. They are childcare providers for their grandkids, teachers with a vast experience on many topics including culture and language. They volunteer their time and expertise in the community at near full time equivalents in healthcare, education, community support services, SAR, community boards and committees where the regular working-for-a-paycheque folks are unable to fully engage.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    now that Sarah Sanders isn't there to coordinate messaging across the brand we're seeing them get mixed up a bit
    Posted 15 minutes apart. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Name:  k0rgn4zfc6q41.png
Views: 477
Size:  127.1 KB

Don’t be surprised if this double talk isn’t by design. Angry Jr - and good guy Trump routine. . . the followers eat it up like decoding a Q-anon statement.

Dick

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It means nobody cares about Sweden or their meatballs.
    Do not insult the meatballs
    . . .

In a time of limited resources when decisions have to be the usual calculation is life-years saved. If you have two patients and one ventilator it's a no brainer to give the vent to the younger healthier person--their life is more likely to be saved and they have more life years to save. That isn't to say that a year of an old person's life is worth less than a year of a young person's life. It assumes that the value is the same--the difference is the number of years potentially saved. In a philosophical, sociological sense valuing lives this way is very unappealing but when decisions have to be made I don't see a better way. Do you?

Got a thing from the California Medical Board reminding docs that they cannot discriminate based on age, disability, assumptions about the quality of life, sex, race, etc. I assume this was in response to the talk about having to make triage decisions if vents or icu beds are inadequate to treat everyone. They said they'd be keeping a close eye on things. The message said nothing about the need to make triage decisions or how to make them, just that every doctor has to do their utmost for their individual patient. I took the message as threatening docs that make a triage decision based on age or disability (I'm thinking of disabilities that affect the chance of survival--like severe emphysema, not something like Down's syndrome.) Very unhelpful IMO.

I’m half Swedish so maybe I’m genetically immune.

Is there anyone’s grave you want me to piss on?
    . . .

It's a brand.
    Buff "multifunctional headgear," been around 10+ years. My Canadian friends pronounce it "boof."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Some cruises are 2 months long... or more.
    It's not as though they dont have wi fi. Jump off at the next port.

But these arent two month cruises right now. C'mon. There's a boat out there stranded that loaded last week.