Page 305 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Ottime wants everyone in the country to be chained to their radiators for the next 6-8 weeks. He's all in on the panic.
    Naw. I prefer to have y’all spreading the virus and fucckig over my friends on the front line sonypu can buy your trinkets and get your kids in the ICU. Carry on dumbassess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Naw. I prefer to have y’all spreading the virus and fucckig over my friends on the front line sonypu can buy your trinkets and get your kids in the ICU. Carry on dumbassess.
    I'm doing my part, thank you very much. I'm taking every possible step to isolate myself outside of work, because I am interacting with dozens of people a day in the workplace. It's inevitable that I'll be, or already have been exposed to it simply doing my job.

Therefore, I make damn sure to limit my travel and social interactions outside of work. I go to the office, my house and the closed ski area that's 24 miles door-to-door from said house for some solitary exercise a couple days a week. I've changed my shopping habits from being a nearly daily grocery store patron to buying things for 7-10 days at a time to minimize the number of times I have to go to that disease den. Fortunately I'm single and live alone, so practicing effective distancing/isolation is a piece of cake outside of work.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    "invoking force majeure" is very popular this morning in my field.
    I've responded to this 7 times alone last week.

All that PPE to keep things sterile, but you have your cell phone in your gloved hand...?!
    What about wearing a hair cover, mask and eye protection inside the papr? Waste of ppe. Skin showing where his glove meets his bunny suit? Must be a joke?

Sure seems pretty half baked to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Common sense needs to be explained to you?

Since you're unable to apply rational thought and think twice about posting bullshit, you unnecessarily add to the hysteria. You wonder why people are panic buying? This is precisely why.

Do you understand that? Or do you need this illustrated maybe with a venn diagram, morons in one circle, misinformation in the other, and additional panic in the middle?
    Well, my county was Shelter in Place within 48 hours of my post. My state and NYS within 72. Another 5 states a day later and several more during the week. So, not completely off.

And in case you don’t know this, don’t go to TGR for your most accurate information regarding a pandemic. Anyone here who reads a posts and causes them hysteria should probability not read TGR. The door is over there.

Ironically, in the midst of a state that is Shelter in Place very little panic locally. Shelves have remained stocked. Sure TP was tight a few weeks back, but we don’t have the panic buyers. Antidotally, friends and family in blue counties have stocked shelves; those in red counties have empty shelves. Go figure.

And Venn is a proper noun. Just saying.

All that PPE to keep things sterile, but you have your cell phone in your gloved hand...?!
    After washing hands 2 times then putting on gloves.
    Cellphone got bleach + water + water+IPA wipedown.
    its a Samsung S8 Active waterprood so it'll hang.
    After decon of the phone gloves are changed and PPE donned.
    Gloves changed again then bleach + water + water+IPA wipedown of the PAPR hardware.
    New PAPR hood comes out of the bag.
    Put the rig together test the motor then don it.
    Cellphone in smock pocket it cannot come out when I am within a manufacturing line or repair area.

Our QA department is hiring you'd fit right in!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Well, my county was Shelter in Place within 48 hours of my post. My state and NYS within 72. Another 5 states a day later and several more during the week. So, not completely off.

And in case you don’t know this, don’t go to TGR for your most accurate information regarding a pandemic. Anyone here who reads a posts and causes them hysteria should probability not read TGR. The door is over there.

Ironically, in the midst of a state that is Shelter in Place very little panic locally. Shelves have remained stocked. Sure TP was tight a few weeks back, but we don’t have the panic buyers. Antidotally, friends and family in blue counties have stocked shelves; those in red counties have empty shelves. Go figure.

And Venn is a proper noun. Just saying.

For sure, are any of these places red states/counties?
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...virus-covid-19

#chaintheradiator. #savetheboomers

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    For sure, are any of these places red states/counties?
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...virus-covid-19

#chaintheradiator. #savetheboomers
    Yes.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

No time to click through. I’m pretty sure you can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What about wearing a hair cover, mask and eye protection inside the papr? Waste of ppe. Skin showing where his glove meets his bunny suit? Must be a joke?
    one pair of gloves then when you enter the manufacturing area put on a sleeveguard then another pair of gloves.
    This picture is was taken within the second stage of PPE donning.
    There is another before entering the line.
    Skin coverage is only mandated for our Menengitis/Encephilitis and COVID.
    Hey our QA group is hiring....

Tough fucking crowd today.
    Back to work
    Bunny Don't Surf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E150BD1-2AC8-441B-A2D6-24EC18D71A5C.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	321854

Nothing even remotely tough about asking questions of the photo as it was posted. Use it properly or don't use it at all seems to be a very fair statement at the moment.

....Antidotally....
    It’s “anecdotally”, just saying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Time to make the COVID19 test panels! Ramping up more manufacturing capacity Utardland Governor sending letters to our suppliers trying to secure our raw materials. I'm gonna be bubbleboy 6 days a week 8 hrs a day for the foreseeable future. Spending an 8 hour shift in a PAPR is the pitts. Air intake at waist level its the fart recycler god forbid your coworker cropdusts you . Hot and schweaty too. But I just surf teh TRG all day and occasionally jiggling the handle to keep the doughnut machine running LOL cant image in an ICU constantly moving and stressed for a 12, 18 or 24 hours straight in one.

#wemakecoolstuffAttachment 321844
    What’s with the double eye protection?

From Turns All Year facebook page

From your local ER nurse/addicted ski bum. Please please please social distance. I’m going stir crazy too (I don’t get to spring ski right now because if I’m not working, I’m sleeping or doing silly workouts from home to stay sane)... but we are starting to see younger, healthy people getting seriously affected. I just took care of a fit active 31 year old who is now in the ICU, on a ventilator, with covid19...tonight. I’m not lying about this. You are not immune. It’s too late for this first wave but help us out! I don’t want to have to help the doctors decide in the next month to CHOOSE who we intubate because we run out of vents... because you will take that vent over someone else. Trauma is down so please keep being smart and not getting injured! AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN... no big groups. If the skin track has more than four people you can see go HOME! I don’t care how far you drove and I know it sucks. Climbers, I know you are going stir crazy... but unless you are sanitizing the rocks, stay OFF! That gas station you stopped at? Did you wash your hands BEFORE and after you used the pump? Did you think about the tiny hospital serving that area you went to visit? ‘Cause they are in no way ready to have covid in their community. ALSO, PLEASE don’t share food! I’m normally never the type to chastise or freak out... I’m just asking you all to take this seriously. Love, Jordan

Thank you all! I don’t really engage on social media convos much... but taking care of a person who came in talking (barely), is younger than me, doesn’t drink or smoke and is incredibly active and to then have them in the span of an hour get a breathing tube put in and now they’re fighting the fucking fight in the ICU (there isn’t a lot of data on young covid patients and again not being dramatic but not a lot of people are surviving past the “get a breathing tube” stage... and by not a lot I mean literally I think we’ve only had two out of all the Washington cases get extubated) freaked me out more than ANY of the things I have seen in my 10 years as an ER/trauma nurse at large city/county hospital. I am not exaggerating. I’m not saying don’t go outside. I’m saying... BE SMART. TRULY social distance. Groups of 2-3 THAT YOU ALREADY LIVE WITH OR HAVE CONTACT WITH. No “new buddies”. (Sorry singles... I know that sucks I am one of you but now isn’t our time haha). Stay safe. Stay sane. Don’t be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post

That made me laugh. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    "invoking force majeure" is very popular this morning in my field.
    Yep! Mine too! Thank God that pandemic is listed there right along with earthquakes in our contracts.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post

Antidotaly is the method of applying the antidote to spell checker tyranny
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Nothing even remotely tough about asking questions of the photo as it was posted. Use it properly or don't use it at all seems to be a very fair statement at the moment.
    Appreciate the concern.
    I'm not working with the pathogen.
    I'm working with reagent that detects it.
    The automation that makes the test is inside HEPA filtered laminar flow enclosure.
    Robots do all the work we keep people as far away as possible.
    The PPE is to keep me from contaminating the tests when I go in to fix the automation or inspect the product.f

You can send your resume to hr@idgaf.com
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Appreciate the concern.
    I'm not working with the pathogen.
    I'm working with reagent that detects it.
    The automation that makes the test is inside HEPA filtered laminar flow enclosure.
    Robots do all the work we keep people as far away as possible.
    The PPE is to keep me from contaminating the tests when I go in to fix the automation or inspect the product.
    Thanks for doing what you do man! And I love how the TGR'z are experts on PPE quality control.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What’s with the double eye protection?

The PAPR face shield isn't impact rated or so we are told.
    All engineering has to wear safety glasses under PAPR at my fun factory.
    My safety glasses are readers I am pretty much blind on the small stuff without them so it's all good.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Most of us know not to comment on things we know nothing about because we've looked stupid in the past jumping to conclusions with limited info or no frame of reference. Like what he does for a living, what his company makes, how they operate.

happytimefunbox, that doesn't look like you are wearing a happyfuntimebox. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Also, I have most of a box of n95s with the valve. I got them last year for yard work. Thought about dropping them off at the local hospital, but are they of any use with the exhale valve? I’m guessing no but maybe they can tape it shut? Also, will they take an opened box? Seems like in Summit and other cases absolutely. Do I just drive up to the employee parking lot and hand it off to the first nurse I see?

The ones with a valve are fine to protect the wearer. They are not effective for protecting others from a sick wearer. Hospitals should be able to use them for employees.