Page 346 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'm probably completely off. But worrying about the covid thing might make me lose my mind.
    You're not wrong. Boomers like my parents who keep their TVs on Fox News 24/7 are totally losing their minds. The stress and the panic will probably hurt immune systems about as much as anything else. Lot to be said for keeping ones health and sanity by turning off the damn news, stepping outside into the sunshine, and just enjoying life while it slows down for this one brief moment in our lives.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    A while before the virus came along I had been smugly imagining that Trump would abandon most of his base if he is re-elected. He doesn't give a shit about any of their causes - Jesus, abortion, etc etc but of course panders to them now because their stupidity is his only ticket to stay in the White House. If he wins re-election he would have no need for them, so would go about his business enriching all his corporate buds. I'm sure he will, but thinking further he won't abandon his base because you can bet the farm that Don Jr. will be right there waiting to try and ride daddy's coat tails into the White house. So the pandering will probably get a lot worse before it gets better. And yeah, Trump is gladly handing the response over to the Governors. If things continue downhill he'll blame it on them. When the economy improves, now or later you can bet he'll be taking credit. What a fucking train wreck.....
    It's a dynasty. They already have the shirt*
    Name:  TDto60.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  105.4 KB
    *math not their strong suit

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'm still working on translating. Are you talking about yourself overanalyzing every run of the nose into the throat and debating who's in charge of the scratchy throat. Is it the nose or is it a decent into a Covid aybss, however severe or mild it might be, or could it just be your brain making you sick because, athough you're not really a germaphobe, this one hits all the anxiety hot buttons, which lowers your immunity, which makes it more likely you'll catch it if you haven't already.

If you do come out and see your wife, then leave the house without doing another 14 days the anxiety starts over.

I'm probably completely off. But worrying about the covid thing might make me lose my mind.
    I'm mostly referring to the usual bickering among posteurs here.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    If it's true... But the Daily wire is not a trust worthy website... According to Wikipedia... The Daily Wire is an American right-wing,[2] conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro,[3] who is the site's editor-in-chief.[4][5]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Ben Shapiro is a gigantic piece of shit.

^his wife is a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Door 2 then for macro. I wasn't sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's nice of them to only get a single term each and then give others a chance in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Well, except for the fact that regular terms are always odd year to odd year, it looks like they gave each one only four years and they gave a four year term in between each for an opponent's term.

Doh! The AD beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    turn the heat up and pasteurize?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    ^his wife is a doctor
    Married to a piece of shit
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Here is what the Imperial College London actually said. Essentially, if UK continues their hard lock down currently in place, the hospitals should be able to handle the surge. Very different than what right wing media Daily Wire and Laura Ingram claimed they say.

“The challenge that many countries in the world are dealing with is how we move from an initial intensive lockdown… to something that will have societal effects but will allow the economy to restart. That is likely to rely on very large-scale testing and contact tracing.”

It's from a Jordan Klepper Daily Show vid. The guy wearing the shirt wasn't even remotely the dumbest person interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd recommend waiting until Ferguson or the Imperial College releases a statement before believing anything in the Daily Wire. I did some quick fact-checking and it appears that they have cherrypicked one of a group of scenarios that Ferguson suggested could possibly be true.

this guy is the best: ""It's not going to kill the vast majority of the population," he said. "People are hearing 3.4% mortality. They're not hearing the 96.6% survival rate.""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...NvV?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    this guy is the best: ""It's not going to kill the vast majority of the population," he said. "People are hearing 3.4% mortality. They're not hearing the 96.6% survival rate.""
    Sounds like a real "glass half full" kinda guy!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree with all that, but that being said, it's the masks. If you are not spreading the virus then other people are not catching it from you. Simple as that.

Of course if we had mountains of masks in this country on every corner half the people still wouldn't wear them anyways unless forced to, so once we have them, I say force them.
    Grocery Store Workers Fight to Wear Masks, Gloves While on the Job
    https://www.kqed.org/news/11808742/g...ile-on-the-job

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    USA temporarily takes the case lead over Italy
    And gold is in sight. U!S!A!

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    If it's true... But the Daily wire is not a trust worthy website... According to Wikipedia... The Daily Wire is an American right-wing,[2] conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro,[3] who is the site's editor-in-chief.[4][5]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sigh.

Here's the link the Dailywire passed on https://www.newscientist.com/article...pert-predicts/

The key point is that Neil is including continued lockdown in the UK to achieve those #'s. Not that the R0 or fatality rate under proper medical care is going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Well, except for the fact that regular terms are always odd year to odd year, it looks like they gave each one only four years and they gave a four year term in between each for an opponent's term.
    I would assume those are election years. They probably should of use "&" instead of "-"
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Devil is in the details

Trump is rewriting the playbook. He knows the best words.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Sigh.

Here's the link the Dailywire passed on https://www.newscientist.com/article...pert-predicts/

The key point is that Neil is including continued lockdown in the UK to achieve those #'s. Not that the R0 or fatality rate under proper medical care is going to change.
    Which is radically different than the way Dailywire spun it. If you just read their article you'd think he simply decided to change the simulation parameters on a whim when in reality it had everything to do with the new policies put in place in the UK.

The Trump Campaign issues cease and desist letters to all networks airing this ad.......Because, you know, it tells the truth. FFS.

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

cease and desist based on what?

at leasr they're not backing down: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...hreatens-legal