Page 334 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 41810
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/25/82059...ther-countries

Early testing, frequent testing, more widespread and continued testing. And a younger patient demographic.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    They tend to have younger populations so have that going for them. We might have 'the best health care in the world' but all bets are off given the health of the average 'Mercan will overload the system. The South will be decimated. I'm more worried about us than them to be honest.
    I think the south will be fine. We are spread out. Hell WV hung in to sweep the race to the first case recorded.
    It’s NYC I worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is New Orleans South? Houston? Altlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Cuomo is amazing, he doesn’t share the stage with any health official, and now he’s plugging his Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m more interested in which state of NY seal embroidered piece of clothing he will wear next. There must be a disaster closet for gov and president with the battle ready casual yet serious stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Ms Boissal mentioned that several docs she works with have openly admitted that they've self-prescribed hydroxychloroquine and started taking it prophylactically. I'm not sure what the regulation are as far as self-prescription, I know it's a big no-no with opioids but I don't know if it applies to all meds. Stock depletion of the drug is already being reported, too bad for the poor fuckers that actually need it for something it's demonstrably efficacious against.
    In California doctors can prescribe non-controlled drugs for themselves and families. They are expected to create a medical record for anyone they treat, including themselves and family. If the medical board wanted to stop the abuse of HCQ by doctors they could probably go after them on the basis of inadequate medical record or prescribing not in compliance with the standard of care. If it wanted to.

who is going to fuck with the MD's right now ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is New Orleans South? Houston? Altlanta?
    Fair points, but those cities really don’t have populations that depend on mass transit and mass gatherings at this point. If you ask 10 Atlantans to visit you were already going to have 10 cars show up, same in Houston. NYC mass transit is unique in the breadth and sheer numbers. Then add in 3 major international airports and its a recipe for disaster

Holy Cow. Listening to the Louisiana Governor address. The numbers there look crazy

http://https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_8a4593d2-6eb5-11ea-8f91-cb19ad8587e2.html

@ncskier Interesting but I think some people were referencing the concept of people not taking it seriously being more prevalent in the south if I interpreted correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tor-tour View Post
    Holy Cow. Listening to the Louisiana Governor address. The numbers there look crazy

http://https://www.wdsu.com/article/...aths/31928181#

Saw your screen name and got excited for a minute that tele-hoar made a post. Anyone know how Scotty is doing?

Ps your link didn’t open for me

@ncskier Interesting but I think some people were referencing the concept of people not taking it seriously being more prevalent in the south if I interpreted correctly.
    you are probably correct on that point. Lots of dumb asses for sure. SC actually has a fairly high number as well. All anecdotal of course. They are not that stupid though, nor do I think people in NYC were dumb either. I just think certain behaviors lend themselves to shit hitting the fan quicker like NYC or those dumbasses on spring break. I do think people are starting to see NYC on the news and take it seriously though. Whether its too late or not is another question.

Saw your screen name and got excited for a minute that tele-hoar made a post. Anyone know how Scotty is doing?

Ps your link didn’t open for me
    Updated the link, hopefully this one will work

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I’m more interested in which state of NY seal embroidered piece of clothing he will wear next. There must be a disaster closet for gov and president with the battle ready casual yet serious stuff

You wonder about underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just compare total cases to total deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA is #3 in cases but < 900 deaths

whereas the other countries have thousands ?
    I think the deaths may be a lagging indicators (i.e. you get diagnosed on day 1 and die on day 6 or day 8)

The cities tend to skew liberal as they do in most of the country, so it may even out.

serious question, but does anyone know the number of folks intubated that actually recover?

yeah i notice the new case #'s for the USA are super high and in fact the highest in the world

edit: there is a recovered column right next to the new deaths column
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The cities tend to skew liberal as they do in most of the country, so it may even out.
    fair point as well, but not political but density regardless. Upstate NY ok relative to NYC? seems like NYC is the epicenter. I wasn't being political that people in that area have a much different way of life regarding personal space. Even compared to other cities.

just compare total cases to total deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA is #3 in cases but < 900 deaths

whereas the other countries have thousands ?
    You can throw out China because they are a couple months ahead of us. We have a good view of their total death count where we don't for most other countries. I think the difference in the other countries versus the U.S. could be in capacity. No area in the U.S. has yet been overwhelmed, which is the case in Italy for example.

well I'm not huge conspiracy theorist but when I look at the infection-to-death ratio something just doesnt add up

or is the USA just a little late to the party ?
    Have you ever seen the people going to trump rallies? Watch faux news for awhile and see what is advertised. These are not healthy people.

serious question, but does anyone know the number of folks intubated that actually recover?
    I’d like to hear updated numbers as well. The last time I saw it referenced it was not a large number of recoveries. Not even sure I would go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You wonder about underwear.
    Levity bennie. I am living this everyday. Most of my hospital clients are in defcon 5 and have been for weeks and my wife is a NP provider to kids with cancer. We go through an entire disinfectant routine every day to keep her myself and my kids safe. It looks like Chernoble in my garage every afternoon. We have been socially apart going on 2 weeks now and its a strain to our family
    So make your underwear jokes and call us rednecks if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    I think the deaths may be a lagging indicators (i.e. you get diagnosed on day 1 and die on day 6 or day 8)
    Or day 20 (not kidding)

I wasn't being political that people in that area have a much different way of life regarding personal space. Even compared to other cities.
    I didn't take it that way. I was just making a counterpoint to those treating the south as monolithic Trumpland.

Ah, the roller coaster continues. After working yesterday, then being told yesterday afternoon to suspend field work and work from home for at least two weeks, things today are swinging back in the other direction and it looks like I'll be back to working as usual tomorrow or Monday at the latest.