Page 316 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 41810
    So our President is really banking on this being NBD and a return to usual in the face of all evidence pointing to this being an action that would result in catastrophic consequences? that's where we're at?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    So our President is really banking on this being NBD and a return to usual in the face of all evidence pointing to this being an action that would result in catastrophic consequences? that's where we're at?
    If you divorce yourself from the real world ramifications of his strategy, it's going to be fascinating to watch him squirm his way through these press conferences over the next week

Killing old people is good for business. Wasn't there a movie about this?

I think he has a "hunch" there's going to be a miracle treatment that's effective against this--like those quinine derived drugs he keeps talking about.

Today's stock market bounce is just going to embolden Trump more.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @GM: why can't you use sanitizer? a little bottle in a pocket or in the car would seem prudent.
    Yeah but where do you buy it ? Sold out across the country
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. We had everything prepared to notify people in the industry that we were suspending services for at least two weeks in accordance with the governor's announcement, and outlined the options they had for proceeding during that time.

Then this morning I got word that we're nixing that plan and going to continue to work. My boss hasn't been in the office in over a week, and I'm out there interacting with a couple dozen people a day in places with no opportunities for washing hands or using sanitizer. I'm wearing a big fuckin' happy hat today.
    Wow.

That and the Lt Governor of Texas basically saying killing all the old people is worth not slowing down the economy. On Fox, of course.

I predict that in three weeks Houston and Austin will be shutdown, with maybe a thousand deaths.

Fuck! 16 residents of the facility my 94 year old FIL lives in have confirmed cases. They're not moving them to the hospital or out of the building because there's no place to move them to. We're not allowed to see him or take him out to our house now. Fuck! Can you imagine the guy lived through the epidemic in Hungary when he was a little boy, lived through the Holocaust because he was a young man and they put him on a work detail, walked from Hungary to the west coast of France after the war sneaking around at night because he had no papers then making his way to the US on an Army transport ship to work for his cousin that got out before the war. He got here and ended up doing very well for himself but a few years ago the mind went away, dementia got him, and we had to move him to this place. Fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    If you divorce yourself from the real world ramifications of his strategy, it's going to be fascinating to watch him squirm his way through these press conferences over the next week
    The people that believe his lies do the mental squirming to justify any idiotic remark he makes....and Faux News just makes up more lies to provide cover for his mistakes...If at his next "news" conference he read from the Koran..or the Bible.. Or Green Eggs and Ham...a large number of nitwits will come up with some bullshit about how smart he is.. Then start blaming Democrats...
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @GM: why can't you use sanitizer? a little bottle in a pocket or in the car would seem prudent.
    Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Yeah but where do you buy it ? Sold out across the country
    Keep a bar of soap and some gallon jugs of water in your vehicle.

1.3 billion ... yes billion Indians now on lockdown for 21 days.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck! 16 residents of the facility my 94 year old FIL lives in have confirmed cases. They're not moving them to the hospital or out of the building because there's no place to move them to. We're not allowed to see him or take him out to our house now. Fuck! Can you imagine the guy lived through the epidemic in Hungary when he was a little boy, lived through the Holocaust because he was a young man and they put him on a work detail, walked from Hungary to the west coast of France after the war sneaking around at night because he had no papers then making his way to the US on an Army transport ship to work for his cousin that got out before the war. He got here and ended up doing very well for himself but a few years ago the mind went away, dementia got him, and we had to move him to this place. Fuck!
    Fuck, that sucks. Sorry to hear that and hopefully it turns out ok.

The amount of pressure the unions are applying to keep tradesman working must be wild in places like NYC. It’s pissing me off thinking about it.

Another one not fully being reported are the young ppl being asked to be on Wall Street desks...these kids have “global” bosses working from the hamptons, beach home and anywhere BUT the office or offsite. These kids and their middle managers are dropping like flies, who’s behind them....no one.

The moral side of this situation for all industries and making ppl work certain roles is outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    1.3 billion ... yes billion Indians now on lockdown for 21 days.
    I'll bet you a six pack of good beer the bank and credit card call centers will still be humming right along.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'll bet you a six pack of good beer the bank and credit card call centers will still be humming right along.
    I would disagree. I haven't gotten a spam call to extend my car warranty in weeks

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    The amount of pressure the unions are applying to keep tradesman working must be wild in places like NYC. It’s pissing me off thinking about it.

Another one not fully being reported are the young ppl being asked to be on Wall Street desks...these kids have “global” bosses working from the hamptons, beach home and anywhere BUT the office or offsite. These kids and their middle managers are dropping like flies, who’s behind them....no one.

The moral side of this situation for all industries and making ppl work certain roles is outrageous.
    I had not heard the trade unions were forcing their workers to go to work....or at a minimum, pressuring those in their ranks to go to work. I saw FD and police unions want more testing.

Wall Street....well, yeah...their bosses don't think this is a bid deal either...at least for other people than themselves, so that's not surprising.

agreed...outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think he has a "hunch" there's going to be a miracle treatment that's effective against this--like those quinine derived drugs he keeps talking about.

Today's stock market bounce is just going to embolden Trump more.
    I truly hope Trump is right that there is some miracle Lazarus drug just days away from ready to being fully implemented nation, and maybe worldwide...but something tells me he's full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I would disagree. I haven't gotten a spam call to extend my car warranty in weeks
    You get a live person?? All mine are fucking robocalls.

If I ever get a live person I'll try to get them to explain the rules of cricket to me.

I've been enjoying Governor Cuomo's New York seal emblazoned wardrobe.

I truly hope Trump is right that there is some miracle Lazarus drug just days away from ready to being fully implemented nation, and maybe worldwide...but something tells me he's full of shit.
    You're giving him too much credit for being qualified to predict such things, or even to accurate translate what he's heard from qualified pros. He knows literally nothing about drug development and testing, especially for infectious diseases.

Once people put their hope in Trump we have all lost

I find it hard to understand that “new building” construction needs to continue right now...and since it’s currently going on, suppliers are all open....you don’t think a guy like Cuomo wasn’t leaned on? I’ll bet a case of Molson Canadian on it....

And I like many have enjoyed Cuomo through this event....and changed my tune about him.

The Wall Street part of this and other young ppl being told to get back into an office will have staggering backside pain.

Since business income insurance is off the table for most (almost all businesses) ppl let go, or those who felt morally obligated to go in will be crushing the employment practices policies I’m sure.

What a forward mess.....lock this shut down, starve the virus for the time we need to regroup...it’s not going away but an overarching decision needs to be made. The definitions of social distancing and quarantine seem to differ from one person to the next.

Chinese Rat Flu

Cuomo is on TV saying that other regions of the country should send NY their ventilators until they don’t need them, then they’ll ship them back..yeah right. I appreciate his effort, but do you think hospitals in say Atlanta, are gonna ship their shit to NY?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Dang. Makes it through all that just to effected by some bat eating hillbillies on the other side of the planet. WTF? That sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've been enjoying Governor Cuomo's New York seal emblazoned wardrobe.

It really is quite extensive.....