Page 275 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    GameStop is staying open, because they consider themselves "essential retail" (another article confirmed that Bay Area GameStop stores are indeed open this week, in obvious defiance of the local orders). Oh, and employees need to bring their own hand sanitizer.
    Dude that's so weird you posted that right now....I called them earlier to see if they were open and if they had a pre-used copy of the game my girls wanted. They did. Stopped by on my way home. Dude standing in front of door. Asked what i needed. Told him. Says stay right here and we'll take care of it. goes inside. Comes back out, wearing gloves, wiping the fucking game down with bleach wipe. Gives it to me. I give him my card. He wipes THAT down with a different wipe, goes inside, comes back out, gives me my card, and tells me to be careful and practice social distancing. Pretty impressive for game nerds.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Hang in there. I don't want to go any deeper into the hot zone than where I live, but if you really need something hit me up and I'll see what I can do. I'm only 25 miles away.
    Thank you so much for the offer.
    That’s so sweet of you.
    We have bunch friends constantly offering help.
    So far we didn’t need help but that might change weeks down the road.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    Comforting to know we have good people/mags around.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Results finally came back after 6 days to confirm Covid-19 positive.
    We already been self quarantined since March 14th, Saturday.
    But now we are indefinitely quarantined until we hear from DOH.
    Once we clear our symptoms, hear from DOH, then they are going to give us two tests to clear to leave the apartment.
    Boyfriend is having harder time (or complains more) than I am.
    But neither of us have chest pain or trouble breathing which's good.

Stay healthy and safe, mags.
    Best wishes and get well soon nutmegchoi

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    Je suis Dr. Fauci.

Nous Sommes tout Dr. Fauci
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Nous Sommes tout Dr. Fauci
    Except Spats.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Dude that's so weird you posted that right now....I called them earlier to see if they were open and if they had a pre-used copy of the game my girls wanted. They did. Stopped by on my way home. Dude standing in front of door. Asked what i needed. Told him. Says stay right here and we'll take care of it. goes inside. Comes back out, wearing gloves, wiping the fucking game down with bleach wipe. Gives it to me. I give him my card. He wipes THAT down with a different wipe, goes inside, comes back out, gives me my card, and tells me to be careful and practice social distancing. Pretty impressive for game nerds.
    Good to hear; sounds like they're reacting to the bad publicity, at least somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Dude. Take a deep breath. S Korea is our biggest data set when it comes to testing NOT being the rate limiting factor. Their death rate landed around 0.8% which is still 8X the flu. Now tell me what an acceptable death rate is.

1%?
    5%?
    10%?

The whole point of distancing is to make sure that we can get as close to 0.8% as possible. The things that will prevent us from achieving this are NOT distancing and having all of the infections hit society at once. So I'll ask again ... what's an acceptable death rate?

1%?
    5%?
    10%?
    Not to mention the collateral damage from a health care system than can't manage normal case load and the people that will die because the hospital was full of covid patients.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I wish I could have a separate COVID ignore list I could just delete when this is over which contains the otherwise awesome people saying absolutely unbelievably ignorant, rage-inducing shit.
    Maybe start with not reading this thread and then go from there?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Thank you so much for the offer.
    That’s so sweet of you.
    We have bunch friends constantly offering help.
    So far we didn’t need help but that might change weeks down the road.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    Comforting to know we have good people/mags around.
    Thank you.
    Oh Nutmeg! Thinking of you and your mate. I wish I could offer more than my best wishes. Take care kiddo!

Message from Michael Stipe https://michaelstipe.com/message/

Pretty reasonable for the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Message from Michael Stipe https://michaelstipe.com/message/

Pretty reasonable for the end of the world.
    Wow. First time ever I could understand stipe
    . . .

Wow, he sounds super normal and cool, like some dude you would know.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    estimation of # tests run
    https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

graphs of # cases and deaths
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

272,000 cases world wide, 11,000 deaths. Also sorted by county. Almost 4% which is an overestimation which should come down with more testing #'s
    Thanks for posting stuff like this. I really appreciate it and know how busy you must be.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Can you read a graph? This statement isn't going to be worth the powder to blow it in about a week's time. Come on, dude! You realize there's no vaccine for COVID-19, right?
    There is a cure!
    I saw it this AM at the supermarket. It was front page news. The National Enquirer also mentioned that masks don't work and actually spread the CV.
    I didn't read it on the internet though, so it may not be true.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I’ve been clued into an alcohol to make sanitizer or wipes that is rather readily available still. Gas line anti-freeze additive is 99% isopropyl alcohol and 1% “proprietary additive.” I looked up the msds on the product I bought and feel totally confident this will work to make sanitizing wipes. I bought 24 bottles from my supplier, should be enough to keep me in business for a few weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6F0A7BF0-61B9-4436-A5F6-B8E8075B8C14.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	454.5 KB 
ID:	321373

Just pulled my bike off the ceiling hanger to prep for ride tomorrow. No brakes - bleed needed and I don’t have right kit. Called LBS to take in. Their protocol - leave the bike by the door and split. They wipe down the bike with disinfectant, do the work (had second call that rear tire thrashed), disinfect again, call to get cc# and leave bike by the door to pick up. Works for me -only bad thing is no beer & bullshit while I wait. First world problem

Contrast that with, I stayed at home last 4 days because I had a sniffle. Felt good yesterday and fine today. Go out to re-up supplies. Checker at grocery full on wipes her nose with the back of her hand and says “I wonder what it means when your nose itches, there’s a cliche about that right? Maybe my cat slept in my pillow”

Spats - here's your boy in action...

Trump Resists Pressure to Use Wartime Law to Mobilize Industry in Virus Response

Some of the president’s advisers have privately said that they share the longstanding opposition of conservatives to government intervention and oppose using the law, and the president again signaled his own ambivalence about it....

“We’re talking about a president who is basically doing what Herbert Hoover did at the beginning of the Depression and minimizing the danger and refusing to use available federal action,” Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York said Friday in an interview with the radio station WNYC. “And people are going to die, and they shouldn’t, they don’t have to, if we could get the support that we’re asking for.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/u...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Saw a person at the liquor store with easily $1k of bottles.
    If it's one of those highfalutin, upscale liquor stores, that might only be 2 or 3 bottles.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Best wishes nutmegchoi. Fuck.

That’s pretty much our procedure, still have people banging on the front door right on the sign we made with policies. The hudge in red, “Please Read” doesn’t seem to help. It really sucks in the age of social networking to be social distancing.

Edit. Thread moves fast.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    How's it spreading? My daughter, who works at the Post Office and is convinced she has the virus, is also convinced it's being spread by the mail. I just talked to her on the phone and she said no less than eight sick people were sorting mail this morning and coughing into their hands, then handling the mail. She wants to take time off but says the retaliation for doing so is brutal. She's one of the only carriers who wears gloves and she's so stressed out by all this shit - the fear of her and my five year old granson having the flu, threats of retaliation if she takes time off, all the assholes she works with passing it along on the mail. I spray my mail with a bleach solution and let it sit for a day before handling it with anything but gloved hands. Consider this is going on everywhere. As much as I'd like to go postal on the post office, I'm instead writing to the Postmaster General and doing my best to make Americans aware of this government sponsored flu spreading going on at the Post Office..
    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

My local LBS is now appointment only. Sucks for them just as the weather is getting warmer and business picking up, but the owner just had his second kid, so being stuck at home is not so bad.