Page 47 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 41810
    First US death in Washington

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    But Trump says it’s a hoax? How could this be?

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    This. School potentially closing is giving me a lot of anxiety. And what it's going to do to my business in an already tight Boulder market (real estate). Sure I can work from home but are buyers still going to fly here? Will sellers keep their homes on the market and let people from all over the place walk through?

I'm healthy as is my daughter but being cooped up for weeks and losing business is really stressful. I know 5 adults in the last 12 days that contacted the regular flu.

Boulder isn't panicked yet but one confirmed case on the front range or summit county and shit could get ugly. I went to Costco on Thursday and the greeter guy was wiping down every cart handle before they let you in!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Review your policy for business interruption insurance.

Doubt it covers limited travel or tourism. But if there is a ban in my town on public travel I would file a claim.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    But Trump says it’s a hoax? How could this be?
    I bet the orange guy is laughing at all of us who don't wash their hands 60 times a day. And it looks like there was a good reason he didn't shake Pelosi's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    How does Lake Oswego = Mt. Hood?
    If that's the case Tahoe's suburb of South Sac had it way first. Just sayin.
    If it's in NW Oregon through human-human transmission, it's undoubtably spread further than that already. The latency period on the virus makes it hard to get ahead of, and who knows how long ago the person contracted it. So it's entirely feasible that someone else contracted it, has no idea, and decided to go ski for day up at Hood. But I was mainly just trying to jest about it.

Rumor is he's 19 and healthy.

From MSNBC a few minutes ago, but can't find that in any supporting media.

Is that supposed to make us feel better? He raves like a crazy drunk dude at the end of the bar. His supporters are just down from the hills and can probably count to their last finished grade level on one hand. His minister of coronavirus propaganda is a snake handler. Like I said, good thing the markets are closed today.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I bet the orange guy is laughing at all of us who don't wash their hands 60 times a day. And it looks like there was a good reason he didn't shake Pelosi's hand.
    I wouldn't shake her hand either. All those blue old lady veins give me the creeps.

The effects on the economy are going to be interesting.

The tele school thing will be really challenging if it occurs. A friend’s wife is currently tele teaching and their daughter is tele schooling. They live in shanghai (wife teaches at one of the English language schools), were on vacation in Vietnam for the lunar new year, and are now stuck in Bali. For the teacher, tele teaching is really challenging and consumes almost all wakeful hours (but at least she’s working and getting paid). For the young daughter, it’s really difficult as it’s a whole new and foreign way of learning, and for her dad, he can’t work and is fully consumed with child care and supplemental teaching.

The world economy is going to grind to nothing.

not if you're selling facemasks and toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    If it's in NW Oregon through human-human transmission, it's undoubtably spread further than that already. The latency period on the virus makes it hard to get ahead of, and who knows how long ago the person contracted it. So it's entirely feasible that someone else contracted it, has no idea, and decided to go ski for day up at Hood. But I was mainly just trying to jest about it.
    I got all that, was just pointing out the case in CA happened first, and it is just as close to Tahoe as Oswego is to Hood. And while I want to win $5 I live in Tahoe, so also jesting.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Chinese Rat Flu

Had a brief client meeting this morning to pick up a check.
    Turns out his kid is in the school where the OR corona virus guy worked.
    Scrubbing everything down now! How do you disinfect a piece of paper? Now I have to hand over the hot check to the jurisdiction on Monday.
    If I stop posting in a week or so, you’ll know what happened...

Then went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff. Paper products aisle decimated; bleach all gone; tons of old people in the store (usually they’re the midweek shoppers)

Meanwhile there have been 18,000 flu deaths and CDC est. 32M flu infections in the US this season. People need to try to keep things in perspective a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Meanwhile there have been 18,000 flu deaths and CDC est. 32M flu infections in the US this season. People need to try to keep things in perspective a bit.
    As said in another thread, shouldn’t Trump’s head be on a pike for this mortality rate?

(Somewhat facetious....)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I just booked two trips to Costa Rica and one trip to NYC/CT in the next three months - that's like 24 airports and 16 legs? If that doesn't kill me the street food in NYC will.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Had a brief client meeting this morning to pick up a check.
    Turns out his kid is in the school where the OR corona virus guy worked.
    Scrubbing everything down now! How do you disinfect a piece of paper? Now I have to hand over the hot check to the jurisdiction on Monday.
    If I stop posting in a week or so, you’ll know what happened...

Then went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff. Paper products aisle decimated; bleach all gone; tons of old people in the store (usually they’re the midweek shoppers)
    You had a good run ::: :::. Hearing the local costcos are war zones. Bill Bur has the right messaging on this

Mean in Russia they've supposedly had 2 cases and they both recovered. Hm.

Russian hospitals are like being in Mexico. The treatment will likely be worse than the original ailment or injury.

Didn’t the testing on the cruise ship off japan indicate that half of the peeps with positive tests were asymptomatic?

Plus, have you ever watched any Russian dashcam videos? Those people welcome death's warm embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Didn’t the testing on the cruise ship off japan indicate that half of the peeps with positive tests were asymptomatic?
    Shit, I think I have it. The lack of symptoms was my first clue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6157.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	562.3 KB 
ID:	318084

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    except they were still turned gay. did you miss that part?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.