Page 418 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This has nothing to do with anything, but I bought a gallon of milk yesterday that had a few weeks until expiration, and it was sour already. Whatever that means.
    Maybe they've started lacing it with quinine.

I cleaned my fish tank with it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This has nothing to do with anything, but I bought a gallon of milk yesterday that had a few weeks until expiration, and it was sour already. Whatever that means.
    I just read that's a sign that the cow had bat virus. Good luck.

So I ducked out for a few days and we're 100 pages later. What did I miss?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Ice's birthday by a few minutes.

Quite a lot of nothing

Trump is a dumb fuck
    Covid continues to grow exponentially
    We're entering a depression.

Exponential growth continues to grow exponentially. Like this thread

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Oh I agree, that's what I meant by "we'll see". It seems like conditions are really ripe for something to break out, to really change the status quo, but enough people have to get pissed enough. Maybe this'll do it.

But the shit people put up with now boggles my mind, so who knows?
    How far will Stockholm Syndrome go ?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Speaking of, I wonder how Stockholm is doing..,

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fire/ EMS Update (SW Edition)

363 Confirmed cases in NM. 7 Fatalities.
    Our Medical Director told us today that there is basically 3 stages of this disease: ~ 85% mild to moderate flu symptoms, recover w/o any medical intervention. ~ 10-12% need some intervention, aka supplemental O2, and recover. ~3-5% need ICU level care. Someone posted upthread that the ones that crash, crash hard and fast. Scary fast. That was confirmed by the Doc.
    Gov cancelled all schools till end of academic year.
    Gov. also expressed concern about the tribal nations to Federal Govt. Quote " The Navajo Nation could be wiped out....."
    All the hotels we thought we had agreements in place with to house our members who test positive have backed out. Looking for other options.
    Theme in the meeting today was this is the calm before the storm. Which scares the shit out of me.
    Re my previous post about the OEM looking for refrigerated trucks for cadaver storage, I think they are considering worst case scenario.... Was brought up again today.
    PPE.PPE.PPE. We, along with the rest of the country, are fucked. Just a question of when and how badly.
    Vibes to all the mags here, especially all of you in the trenches.
    Mrs. Seano had a meltdown last night... This shit sucks.
    Stay home, stay safe, I'll keep you updated as I can.

Diamond Joe?
    What about Kirtland base? Can they help house first responders?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This. Can’t. Be. Real.

expected the first result to be a snopes article and instead it is the aforementioned letter's release from whitehouse.gov

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    This. Can’t. Be. Real.
    He is truly a statesman.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Five or six hundred people attended a horse auction today in Iowa. Fuck these people and our drunk Trump boot licking governor. Non food livestock auctions finally banned as of 5 pm after this thing took place and the damage was done. Basically if you are a farmer or a religious wingnut you can do whatever it is you want in this shithole state, pollute the water, spread disease. Knock yourself out.

https://www.dailyiowegian.com/news/l..._medium=social

Wayne County Iowa is a southern tier county along the Missouri State line. This area is the heart of Trump Country. All the kids have huge jacked up trucks worth more than their trailers. The joke has always been if you give the bottom row of Iowa counties to Missouri you'd raise the IQ of both states. Very religious. Under educated. Ravaged and left behind in the modern economy. The Amish do quite well financially though...since they buy everything with cash.
    I did a RAGBRAI route through southern Iowa. I remember asking my older brother why all the barns were so old and falling down and he said they don't have enough money to fix anything. There were a lot of dumpy areas and poor white people.

I grew up in Dubuque, IA. They have quite a few cases. It's a relatively connected and wealthy area, which seems to be a trend for areas with lots of spread. My Grandma's 90th birthday is April 18th. She'll be home alone I sadly wonder if I'll ever see her again.

At first I thought it was Spats.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sick or "sick"? I had this piece forwarded to me today, I'm not quite sure what I think. They see rumblings of a big moment in labor history, I'm not against that but it still doesn't seem like people are pissed enough to actually do something big. I guess we'll see. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...general-strike
    General strike seems unlikely. Heard of some healthcare workers complaining too, but they didn't do anything. It's sort of now or never. The modern slave has not even the privilege of being owned. Just get used up and tossed aside.

Also seems unlikely the world's number one economy would bungle its pandemic response so badly it needed to shut down its economy. Here we are. So, who's to say?
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

I'd expect a massive healthcare unionization.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Speaking of, I wonder how Stockholm is doing..,
    Sweden had on Thursday 500+ new positives, 50 new deaths and they "just found out" that a huge number of elderly care facilities have been infected in Southern Sweden. Meanwhile Norway had 6 deaths, Finland 2 and Denmark sadly catching up with 19 deaths.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Speaking of southern governors, the guv of Georgia is going shelter-in-place, because he just found out, one day ago, that Covid is contagious even from people who aren't showing symptoms. He quoted his medical adviser as saying that the news about Covid's contagiousness "is a game changer for us".

I usually don't refer to Wonkette as a news source, but in this case, I feel that they give this story the appropriate treatment:
    cnn's coverage was similarly what the fuck? wondering about political malpractice seems about right
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...per-nr-vpx.cnn
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i gotta say im amazed at the number wonkette unofishal clickbait urnial cake websites and people actually pay/donate to read them. I think the idiots who comment must really need to be able to share their wonkette wokeness with their fellow wonks
    that shits wonkers
    other than the gov of georgia being dumber than sanjays kids
    the states sign language interpreter 10/10
    dudes almost to good i dont know it(sign) but his translation looked 10x smarter
    he didnt manage to do it with a southern drawl of unintelligence
    dudes bringin it
    #icemanhousearrestsinhisbirthdaysuit
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    To be fair, there was nothing in there implying that you shouldn't do anything else but pray or that the pandemic was a hoax or less serious than they're making it out to be, in fact the images said the opposite.

This is a time for prayer, if you're a praying person.
    I wanted to call to see if there would be any kind of push to make a donation for his prayer service, but my give a shit tank is running a little low for the little stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    I did a RAGBRAI route through southern Iowa. I remember asking my older brother why all the barns were so old and falling down and he said they don't have enough money to fix anything. There were a lot of dumpy areas and poor white people.

I grew up in Dubuque, IA. They have quite a few cases. It's a relatively connected and wealthy area, which seems to be a trend for areas with lots of spread. My Grandma's 90th birthday is April 18th. She'll be home alone I sadly wonder if I'll ever see her again.
    Yep. And the Amish sniff out cheap land and snap it up. The soil is also not nearly as good as in the rest of the state...rolling hills mostly suited for grazing.

Dubuque, Linn, Johnson, Polk all have the most cases now and are of course the wealthiest bluest counties in the state with largest populations that have the means travel...Johnson has like 30 positives from a group that took an Egyptian cruise ship. All of this mirrors what is happening in the rest of the country.

Tell your grandma to stay home and order Hy Vee delivery...or offer to do it for her. My parents are both mid seventies with all the money they need so hopefully they stay home like they claim. Hard to hold them down though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Orders from the Commander in Chief, no doubt.
    "acting navy secretary" was more then happy to carry it out.... Say what heppened to the confirmed navy secretary? Oh, wait... Nvrmnd....

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid