Page 409 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ^^Bears repeating.

3M: @ 35M masks/month, full production since January, touted their 100M orders from Asia on their website (and I think to CNBC) in February. Pence visited and they raised production to 420M/yr. Yes, there are 12 months in that year. How many masks are they selling within the US...?
    #thatsmyminnesota

Friend of mine is a Blackhawk pilot and flight medic with Homeland Defense. Dispatched to New Orleans yesterday.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Friend of mine is a Blackhawk pilot and flight medic with Homeland Defense. Dispatched to New Orleans yesterday.
    Just talked to an old friend in NO for an hour or so... he’s got the ‘rona... he’s good though.. at home chillin.. he’s worried about his community though.

The South, Sickest Part of a Sick America, Falls Prey to Virus
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-prey-to-virus

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The South, Sickest Part of a Sick America, Falls Prey to Virus
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-prey-to-virus
    The South could really be devastated by this. Man...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Kind of prophetic
    We're just doing this for the internet unless something terrible happens to the world.
    Loved that Stephen referenced the happy enchilada.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The South could really be devastated by this. Man...
    Geographic isolation outside the major cities might help but otherwise pretty grim if it gets a grip.

Today 6:30 p.m.: Days after helping hundreds of University of Georgia students move out of their dorms for the semester, a housing employee was diagnosed with COVID-19.

new normal. Lunch break in China:

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    new normal. Lunch break in China:

Jesus, the grid and everything. Gotta love China; looks like the opening frame of a Devo video. But I guess it's working for them, so kudos.

Just looked at the latest numbers. Holy fuck, Westchester and Rockland counties, NY, have a case rate that now exceeds 1% of their populations, double the rate of NYC, even. Yikes.

Powdork how is your Mom doing

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    You laugh..... until you need us.
    Need you for what again? Protection from a lawyer. I see. So the reason we need attorneys is to protect us from attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Jesus, the grid and everything. Gotta love China; looks like the opening frame of a Devo video. But I guess it's working for them, so kudos.

Just looked at the latest numbers. Holy fuck, Westchester and Rockland counties, NY, have a case rate that now exceeds 1% of their populations, double the rate of NYC, even. Yikes.
    It's a little tense here.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...7263?query=TOC

New England Journal of Medicine publishes the 5 steps to not just flatten but to “Crush the Curve”

Includes, after ensuring proper gear for healthcare staff, supplying every citizen with masks to wear to limit spread from people without symptoms

I raise my glass of bourbon on the rocks to the South.
    May your temperatures stay low and the rockin pneumonia pass right on by.

I haven’t had time to read all the way through this but seems legit.

www.Maskssavelives.org

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    She comes home today/tomorrow (to my brothers in Sacramento). Sort of a home hospice situation.
    Thanks
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Not many of us, myself included, take the time to feel gratitude for not being sick and in an ICU bed. Vibes to her and you and your family as you all navigate this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's a little tense here.
    But strangely there is still a fair bit of traffic moving around. I went out twice yesterday, first to the bank to use the drive up atm, through the busy part of town and into Westchester there were lots of people out doing all sorts of things. Not like it would normally be because most biz's are closed but there are 2 supermarkets, gas stations, etc. so if it's going to be crowded anywhere that's where it would be.

Then we took a ride around Putnam county and there was a bit less traffic but still more than I expected. The 2 local gun stores are closed, sold out of everything the signs in the windows said. Most of the beer stores are closed and some liquor stores too, the last and only local bike shop in the county was busy! The bike trail that runs through the whole area was packed and the parking overflowed for blocks into the surrounding neighborhoods I went through the 3 major towns in the county and there is a general sense of doom and gloom that I don't see in pics of other places but the biggest takeaway is how few people are wearing masks and how closely they're packed in some areas.

https://youtu.be/d1lJEbZmVHI

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Had the opposite reaction in Costco yesterday.

Where did all these shoppers find masks and gloves?

And yet they’re buying food stocked by workers with no ppe.

Haven’t shopped in two weeks. Things are different this time. At least they had meat for the freezer.

But my wife demanded I wash my meat sack before entering the house.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Haven’t shopped in two weeks. Things are different this time. At least they had meat for the freezer.

So Americans call it entering the house these days. I thought it was called having Sex, or making love.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So Americans call it entering the house these days. I thought it was called having Sex, or making love.
    depends could be trespassing too

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

I got lucky and TSA left a box of 100 in my suitcase 2 weeks ago. We get delivery straight into our garage and let it sit there until we need it. Frozen foods and perishables get wiped down upon home entry. I had to go to the bank to pay bills yesterday and took a baggie of bleach soaked paper towels and gloves on. Everything becomes a game of extreme no touching and sterilization.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Interesting tidbit of gossip:
    The French regional government of grand est (the hardest hit region) accuses American "un-officials " of showing up on the airfields in China and buying masks already sold to France for 3-4 times the original price waving cash bundles. No official confirmation by the French government.

Yeah! Go USA! America first! Texan style.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.