Page 293 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Repost because it must have gotten lost in all the pollyass discussion about cumgobling:

There's a new test approved by the FDA that will give results in under an hour. Should be out by end of the month. No details on how fast it can be manufacturered and/or distributed, but this could be a real game changer:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...zcVVFKRh_3OJ8Q
    A step anyway, but maybe not game-changing--it's a few pages back already:

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    That is "Point of care" if you have access to one of Cepheid's machines at your point of care. But 5,000 Genexpert devices in the US now, somewhat low processing as I remember 2/4/16 samples at a time but that was a few yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just in case you were curious, you are an asshole. No need to worry about that moral compass anymore, cause you don't have one.
    Or his moral compass is bang on.

How many children should starve, or be severely abused to keep a bunch of 80 y/o alive a few more months/years.

What we're seeing from the death statistics is that people who are only alive because of the Health care system are now taxing that same system and pushing death onto the next generation(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This guy must be a TGR poster.

https://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2020...s-calling.html

"And, of course, that means that all of MAGA-world, who are loyal cumgobblers anxiously awaiting with open mouths for the next ejaculation from their orange jizz master, will repeat it and justify it and stand by it and fight for it and shout about it and insult anyone who defies them or their orange jizz master and accuse us of loving commie China, and they'll do that until we all just give up saying that it's wrong or Trump stops saying it and then says he never said it and that the media is just out to get him and the cumgobblers will tell us we're liars for saying what's on video for everyone to see. Repeat endlessly with a new load."
    #OrangeJizzMaster

That’s awesome
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

How many children should starve, or be severely abused to keep a bunch of 80 y/o alive a few more months/years.

What we're seeing from the death statistics is that people who are only alive because of the Health care system are now taxing that same system and pushing death onto the next generation(s).
    wow. i didn't know it was possible for anyone to possess such a high combination of stupidity and crass at the same time. gfy

loyal cumgobbler = you
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Anyone with pre existing conditions needs to act like they are 80 yrs old. Don’t get sucked into the idea that only old people are at risk.

One doctor said most of his critical patients had Obesity, high blood pressure, or diabetes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And the Italians, who are generally fitter than us, are dropping like flies. This isn't good. Especially since millions and millions of Americans are sitting at home eating sugar and salt treats constantly these days. If the virus dont get 'em.....

Weak sauce. Bring real numbers showing how you believe the cost of this response plays out versus lives saved or GTFO. Rhetorical "how much x for y??" without even an estimation offered is the mark of an incapable thinker (is that the preferred nomenclature?) If you're going to ask it for real give your answer.

The economy will recover. Do your part to not spread this thing, but beyond that, can't most people see the upside in being told to work less, spend more time outdoors and just take it easy for a few weeks? I find this situation a lot less stressful than I do the normal pace of daily life.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Glad to hear things seem to be under control, are the grandparents living on their own still? Just curious.
    I am hoping that this was a joke.
    61 and 62? Low expectations right there.

edit: Ok, that is mom ‘n dad. Hang in there grandma. X2.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The economy will recover. Do your part to not spread this thing, but beyond that, can't most people see the upside in being told to work less, spend more time outdoors and just take it easy for a few weeks? I find this situation a lot less stressful than I do the normal pace of daily life.
    Agreed.

$4T big business bailout suggested by Mnuchin. Are our businesses in the US truly that fragile that they can't withstand 2-4 weeks of people.working from home and getting checks from the gov?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    That's his parents.

And I can't believe there are people so callous they think saving the economy is more important than saving lives.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    A few weeks is not at all realistic. 6-10 weeks before we have a window to the other side is more like it. That's gonna hurt the paycheck to paycheck crowd. We'll see how national financial mitigation efforts go (direct checks, extension to repayment deadlines, loans to small business, etc)

In actuarial tables there's a calculus for health and human life. It's actually quite fascinating in a mathematical geek kind of way. Embedded in those calculations is an implicit assumption as to very subjective determination of what a human life is worth. Some say a lot. Some say not much.

I wonder on what side of the spectrum some posters would come down when making that choice?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Weak sauce. Bring real numbers showing how you believe the cost of this response plays out versus lives saved or GTFO. Rhetorical "how much x for y??" without wven an estimation offered is the mark of an incapable thinker (is that the preferred nomenclature?) If you're going to ask it for real give your answer.
    This is going to be a major topic for at least a decade. It will change politics and societies maybe forever. (Look at how China is succeeding in ramping down this thing. Many may start to admire that totalitarian dystopia) I'm like most, hunkering down, hoping I come out of this healthy and have most of my money. I'm lucky because I dont have to work and dont own a business. That's rare. Our economy is in the midst of the black swan of all black swan shocks that will destroy millions of lives, and that's not hyperbole. We already have statistical evidence of how a deep recession actually kills people, because we're still experiencing the effects of '08. Now this, with record amounts of private, corporate, and public debt. Just like somebody turned the switch off. Many will suffer, and, yeah, many more than the actual disease will kill. We're all living in a house of cards that will just crumble soon. Sorry, but many will look back and think, well, they were going to die anyway, but now we're really fucked. It's a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed.

$4T big business bailout suggested by Mnuchin. Are our businesses in the US truly that fragile that they can't withstand 2-4 weeks of people.working from home and getting checks from the gov?
    This is going to be much longer than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    That people die because they have to go to work, or they will eventually starve. If the economy is destroyed, there won't be hospitals as we know them now. It is very likely that a lot of people will die, at some point in the future, because of the potential hysterical reaction. There is such a think as to much of a good thing.
    You might try "thinking" a little harder.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

edit: Ok, that is mom ‘n dad. Hang in there grandma. X2.

Grandmothers are 89 and 92, respectively. The 92 year old still enjoys her Old Grand Dad 100 proof. I believe that's strong enough to kill the virus.

To use that reasoning, children starve or are abused every day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Seriously dude? Stop inhaling the chemtrails. It is totally fucking with your cognitive functions. Go drive 50 miles to ski you selfish fuck and stop posting nonsense. Do what you are good at - post stoke. Not disinformation.

This is going to be much longer than a month.
    Ok, let's say 2-3 months. Point stands. $4T handout? That's not for infrastructure...just straight up cash to bug businesses.

Could be the Obi Wan of treatment options...

Our one Covid+ patient (60 yo male with no underlying health issues) ended up intubated after receiving ceftriaxone, azithromycin, Keletra and hydroxychloroquine for a few days.

I’m hoping we received our allotment of remdesivir this weekend.

And no, I don’t know how to embed GIFs, so forgive me. Or not. ��

Ok, let's say 2-3 months. Point stands. $4T handout? That's not for infrastructure...just straight up cash to bug businesses.

You're surprised by that? Remember it the next time Pelosi is stood up as some sort of hero. She's signing off on that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    All pre market crash too if he'd said anything alarming you'd now be blaming him causing panic for the crash. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://youtu.be/zDAmPIq29ro

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Well, yeah, when you suck at your job, smart people call you out on it. Dumbasses, otoh, keep on mouth breathing.

You're surprised by that? Remember it the next time Pelosi is stood up as some sort of hero. She's signing off on that, too.
    Yes. I am surprised.

Agreed.

We don't all work for googlezon or the government. Yes, many small businesses are truly that fragile, especially businesses with slim margins and big capital expenses like restaurants.

Walmart, tech companies, wall street, etc will be just fine after all this.

Main Street is going to suffer.