Page 247 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 41810
    A woman in Columbia, Mo died in her home. She was diagnosed and sent into home quarantine. Six first responders are now in quarantine for exposure.

It’s taking out the very people we need to treat people! 6 for 1!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m not leaving my house. All the health insurers sent out emails banning agents from home visits with seniors.

Sucks the resorts are closed.

.Name:  FB_IMG_1584592849407.jpeg
Views: 612
Size:  38.7 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    What's the collective opinion on employers who think that COVID 19 is "overblown" and don't want to grant the ability to work remotely without a huge fight?

Fuck 'em ... or fuck 'em?
    Fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Interesting. Thanks!
    I posted this a couple of days ago but it is interesting and explains a little about the make up of a virus and how it is destroyed by washing with soap and water.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/soap-w...er-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Circling back on an earlier topic, a new paper suggests SARS-CoV-2 will likely be constrained by climate conditions.

The results are based on existing data so they may not be robust but it looks like the virus prefers cool and dry conditions. Specifically between 11°C to 25°C (52°F - 77°F). The strongest result is with humidity due to physics, higher humidity decreases transmission radius and the amount of time droplets remain airborne. It's similar, but the not the same as the flu.

Cooler temperatures do not allow for high absolute humidity. So in essence, the virus survives best in the temp/humidity range as air conditioned buildings.

Outside of conditioned spaces, the analysis indicates SARS-CoV-2 thrives in warm temperate climates between October to May and cold temperate climates between April and September. The virus is incapable of surviving for long in extreme hot or extreme cold environments.

From June to September, much of higher latitude regions of the southern hemisphere, like Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, New Zealand, and Southern Africa will likely be become exposed to new outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2. Models also project highest latitude regions of the northern hemisphere to be badly hit by the Coronavirus during this period, including Canada and Russia, but also the Scandinavian countries. While northern hemisphere (chiefly Italy, Spain, France, Germany, UK, and USA) should see a reduction in SARS-CoV-2 infectections and then pick up again from September through May.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...ymW6nHvr4tqmsA

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/173/2/127/99316

https://www.pnas.org/content/106/9/3243
    i don't get it. i read all that and come up with exactly the opposite conclusion.

and tomorrow will mark the day Italy's death toll passes China's.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Exclamation Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    2200 cases on Friday, 8700 today.
    Doubling every 3 days?
    Today's figure is 7,038. (3/18/20)
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
    (There's a several day lag, since it takes a few days to test and report results.)

Most importantly, and BEFORE ANYONE PANICS and BEFORE ANYONE STARTS FLIPPING OUT ABOUT GEOMETRIC PROGRESSIONS, look at the graph of "Number of specimens tested":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lab-specimens-tested.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	321042

On March 13, the most recent day on which we have complete results, we tested 4661 people.
    A week earlier, on March 6, we tested less than half of that: 1759 people.
    A week earlier, on February 28, we tested 164 people.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

If you test over 28 times as many people (4661/164), you are going to get 28 times more positive tests even if no one new has been infected!

Furthermore, as I've shown before, Covid-19 testing is remarkably inaccurate. In Chinese testing, the false-positive rate of positive results was 80.33%.

This means that the more tests we run, the more positive tests for Covid-19 will magically appear - especially as more tests become available and we start testing people who are asymptomatic or only marginally sick. What will happen then is that the infection rate will keep going up rapidly, but the mortality rate will plummet.

Today we're currently at 97 deaths and 7,038 cases, for a mortality rate of 1.3% - which is already far lower than the "3.4% we're all gonna die!!11!1" scenarios. This ratio will continue to decrease as the number of tests continues to increase geometrically.

Once again, and as I've said since my very first post, "Be smart." We can fuck it all up by acting like everything's over. Be cautious with your social interactions. Have and use a thermometer regularly, to check yourself for developing fever. Communicate with family and friends who are stuck at home: we're all short some human contact.

But please, ease up on the hysteria. First responders and our medical system are being overwhelmed by people who are panicking at the first sign of a cough or sniffle. Let them care for the people who are genuinely in trouble.

Thank you.

^^yes but how to explain the geometric progression of the deaths, and their accuracy

Double post

^^crazy

also, glad to be type o negative
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...241297121.html

and to bring back some of the good from this thread. we just need a little summer breeze (type o negative)

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Fuck you morons that insist on calling it Chinese or Kung Flu.

Im naming it SARs2-Electric Flugaloo
    I'm chiming in late but didn't the white house call it cofveve 19?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

It was covfefe, which is even more apropros

also, regarding all the trials, China has to be doing tons. They have (according to the stat aggregators) over 2600 in serious/critical condition.

Covid data nerd-fu courtesy of Tableau
    https://www.tableau.com/covid-19-cor...pany-Statement
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B8137F93-28C4-4231-8751-B532D84AE206.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	744.9 KB 
ID:	321045

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    But please, ease up on the hysteria. First responders and our medical system are being overwhelmed by people who are panicking at the first sign of a cough or sniffle. Let them care for the people who are genuinely in trouble.

Thank you.
    Sniffles taking up all the negative pressure rooms, eh? TMYK

False positives can be an issue. This is my guess why South Korea has an abnormally low CFR. I'm guessing a good chunk of their cases don't actually have it. Also they responded early and have not exceeded their healthcare capacity.

You got the association between more testing and more positives wrong (or fatfingered it). More testing produces proportionately more false positives. More infections produces proportionately more true positives. Changing the criteria for testing also messes with the numbers. Sadly, my guess is testing continues to lag, and in another week or so we'll switch to presumed positives, as the Chinese were forced to do.

And geometric progression/exponential growth is plague 101. Caused by the plague, completely independent of the testing.

Stay away and stay healthy.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Mayors got a bad case

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    What's the collective opinion on employers who think that COVID 19 is "overblown" and don't want to grant the ability to work remotely without a huge fight?

Fuck 'em ... or fuck 'em?
    if you raised your hand and took an oath to defend the country
    you aint doin it from home
    if you didn't
    you probably have a choice of remaining an employee of employers you feel are fuckin you
    props to the hand raisers who don't have that option easily available
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Or if you took the hippocratic oath....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

3 more weeks of being an "essential service" . Almost time for some real social distancingName:  FB_IMG_1584610699918.jpeg
Views: 513
Size:  37.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Red Cross blood donations for other needs concern me. Last time I tried about eight years ago I was denied because of relations with a woman who lived in Africa. I will check and see if that is still the case. If you are looking to do some good and you can, donate blood.

Checked and past time frame on the malaria contact potential, but blood thinner due to recent surgery will keep me on the sideline for a month

https://youtu.be/klmbakIW-GA

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk