Page 422 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The toilet paper shortage explained fairly well.

https://marker.medium.com/what-every...e-c812e1358fe0
    That seems plausible now, but locally, our shortages preceded our stay at home order by a couple of weeks. The initial shortages were almost certainly due to panic buying at the beginning. The ongoing shortgages are probably, as they said, due to a shift to increased residential shitting.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Not sure why they wouldn’t be appearing on Amazon, e-bay, Staples website, etc soon...
    And it's not just the giant rolls that are sitting there unused. Think of all the TP hotels have stockpiled. Those are single rolls just like we use at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I also read he went around his admiral, the admiral on the same ship as him!
    I think any good captain is going to put the safety of the sailors aboard his or her ship above all else.

As far as "giving away the position" of the ship, do you honestly believe the whereabouts of a Nimitz class aircraft carrier could somehow be kept under wraps? Our enemies know exactly where they ships are at all times.

My wife's internal medicine clinic is presently serving 20-30% normal caseload. Much thumb twiddling among the staff. We're E of the Cascades, 100 miles from Seattle and from the first U.S. Covid-19 outbreak. Thanks to WA's early social distancing, school closings and stay at home order -- and Seattle area people largely complying with the same -- Kittitas County has only 10 confirmed cases of Covid-19.

Gonna be later than summer before people start visiting my wife's at pre-Covid 19 pace. Fall at the earliest, more likely winter.

The good news is that Medicare and Medicaid are clearing the way for paying for telemedicine. With luck, maybe it'll become a permanent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That seems plausible now, but locally, our shortages preceded our stay at home order by a couple of weeks. The initial shortages were almost certainly due to panic buying at the beginning. The ongoing shortgages are probably, as they said, due to a shift to increased residential shitting.
    Panic buying? Or smart buying ahead of the game?

We bought a ton of TP, among other things, a couple of weeks ahead of stay at home/school cancelled. Because we saw the writing on the wall, that we might be stuck at home for an indeterminate amount of time, and the one thing you cannot afford to be out of when stuck at home is TP. Most everything else is somewhat negotiable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yesturday at the local safeway they managed to restock with big boxes of TP, I duno how they were packaged in the box but when a buddy of mine tried to buy < a box they said no breaking up the box
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/media...rus/index.html

Heard this morning at the top of the stairs of Chris Cuomo's basement "you fucken cheater!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But, of course, no universal health care. How could we ever pay for that?
    well think of the insurance companies how would they survive ?

I think up here the hospitols are running at 50% and just saving money, a buddy had to have an urgent fib surgery and the hospitol was not busy at all, my knee is classed as not urgent so no idea when it will happen

But don’t let that stop anyone from cashing in on the world wide pandemic.
    How does one "cash in" from what the captain did? I could always use a few extra duckets.

Speaking of cashing in...the SS got those golf carts it desperately needs to fight COVID-19 https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-si...135907032.html
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Panic buying? Or smart buying ahead of the game?

We bought a ton of TP, among other things, a couple of weeks ahead of stay at home/school cancelled. Because we saw the writing on the wall, that we might be stuck at home for an indeterminate amount of time, and the one thing you cannot afford to be out of when stuck at home is TP. Most everything else is somewhat negotiable.
    Pretty sure every irrational hoarder will always defend their actions as "smart buying to stay ahead of the game."

After putting in the bidet attachment I'm still on the same roll ... every time i take shit I save money

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    After putting in the bidet attachment I'm still on the same roll ... every time i take shit I save money
    #winning
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Pretty sure every irrational hoarder will always defend their actions as "smart buying to stay ahead of the game."
    Right, like how many rolls do you need? I was low so I bought the same amount I normally do after most stores were cleared out for a couple of weeks. I don't think there will be a situation where I'll need a whole room full of toilet paper. Fucking hoarders.

Plus, they're really just following the herd: holy shit! they're running out of toilet paper. grab as much as you can!

right. We had 14 rolls already prior to the panic buying of TP leading up to quarantine. We still haven't bought any more and it's been 5 weeks since that point. we're down to 9 rolls. Maybe my family of fours collective buttholes don't have explosive shits requiring as much TP? I still won't be buying more TP unless it seems like it's plentifully stocked at the stores again...

My in-laws are very much the hoarders side of this argument. they demanded we get them TP, so my wife and SIL both went to ACE where they are rationing out TP and bought their max of four rolls each. Took them over to their parents house only to find that they already had 50+ rolls.

To put a finer point on it...how much are you shitting to need that much TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/media...rus/index.html

Heard this morning at the top of the stairs of Chris Cuomo's basement "you fucken cheater!"
    I laffed.

https://shop.charmin.com/

Temporary out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    right. We had 14 rolls already prior to the panic buying of TP leading up to quarantine. We still haven't bought any more and it's been 5 weeks since that point. we're down to 9 rolls. Maybe my family of fours collective buttholes don't have explosive shits requiring as much TP? I still won't be buying more TP unless it seems like it's plentifully stocked at the stores again...

My in-laws are very much the hoarders side of this argument. they demanded we get them TP, so my wife and SIL both went to ACE where they are rationing out TP and bought their max of four rolls each. Took them over to their parents house only to find that they already had 50+ rolls.

To put a finer point on it...how much are you shitting to need that much TP?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    hahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    Oh great ....
    "Health officials estimate that around 0.2% of the population in the area is infected with COVID-19, which, according to Weis, is roughly seven to 10 times higher than the rest of California."

and

"Weis also said the hospital has seen several individuals admitted due to avoidable circumstances, namely excessive drinking. In some cases, individuals are choosing to drink in an excessive or unhealthy way and becoming extremely ill while they are sheltering in place, and then they are coming to the hospital gravely ill, even requiring as much as intensive care,"

https://www.sierrasun.com/news/coron...al-distancing/
    we know a couple who ignored everyone's advise to travel to Ecuador a couple of weeks ago, were denied entry and flew home and are now testing positive. Not young.

I think Chester Nimitz is rolling in his grave.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Navy and Army leadership had an extremely poor record in the 1918 Influenza. What is it that you think Admiral Nimitz would have advised here?

eta after reading the article, he probably would have advised CAPT Crozier to notify the RADM commanding the CSG before sending the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

He knew exactly what he should and shouldn't be doing as far as protocol goes. He was prepared for the consequences. May not have a job but now has 3,000 brothers and sisters in his family.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    And this is why I say this isn't a demand problem anymore, it's a supply problem.