Page 244 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    what's up? allergic reaction or something?
    No... just the fact I'm not supposed to touch it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Some (unverified and possibly wrong) news from the trenches, a University of Utah Hospital employee stole 500,000 N95 masks and was selling them on eBay. The thief was busted when the hospital contacted the Salt Lake seller, perhaps to purchase the masks, and discovered he or she worked for the hospital.
    Dude (or dudette) is going to end up with Moroni's fallen trumpet shoved so far up their ass they'll look like a pig on a spit...
    How does one steal half-a-million masks without being noticed??

Ooh, Beaterdit, paging Beaterdit
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Dude (or dudette) is going to end up with Moroni's fallen trumpet shoved so far up their ass they'll look like a pig on a spit...
    How does one steal half-a-million masks without being noticed??
    I don't know. My gf works at the biggest hospital in montreal and someone managed to raid her floor for gloves. something like 80 boxes just vanished from the closets. There's security and people around 24/7, but greed and selfishness can somehow find a way.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How did they get ahold of that many tests? (San Miguel)
    heard that the dude that owns the company lives here.. footing the bill.. but that's just rumors at this point. No confirmed cases yet but likely there will be some soon, I think the plan to is try and get a handle on how it spreads in a community that isn't overrun.. yet.

Perks of living with billionaires I guess.. or they just need our dna to finish up their Westworld ski town

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Maybe this is natural selection at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    I really hope that this is legit.
    My housemate is not really practicing social distancing very well. Goes over to his buddies every evening after work and drinks and smokes cigarettes . Buddy lives in a house with an 80 yo gent and 50 yo woman.

Question I've been debating with myself today is, do I just say something to him? Or give him an ultimatum?
    What say you all?
    Slap him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Been eating a lot of garlic and juicing. Current favorite juice is ginger, beet, apple carrot with carrot being the most and ginger the least.
    Sounds like you have the social distancing thing covered.

It is your health on the line.

Start with "Ummm Dude....................."
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sounds like you have the social distancing thing covered.
    Well I live on 110 acres out in the county so yeah... lots of room. I don't think the animals care.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How did they get ahold of that many tests? (San Miguel)
    Because the governor went down there with that national guard to mass test.

While we wait 5-6 days for results on ICU patients and burn through PPE

We are running out of PPE
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Because the governor went down there with that national guard to mass test.

While we wait 5-6 days for results on ICU patients and burn through PPE

We are running out of PPE
    What's the plan when the PPE runs out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    What's the plan when the PPE runs out?
    Use less optimal PPE. Reuse PPE. Risk goes up.

~10% of the infections in Italy are healthcare workers

Chinese Rat Flu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6301.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	569.3 KB 
ID:	321012

Study looks solid. Small n but at this stage it's not like they're going to enroll hundreds. The fact that the test group is significantly older than the control group yet fares better is encouraging too given the increased mortality risk for older patients.
    I'm not sure what the current stocks of hydroxychloroquine are. Anti-malarial agents are exactly in high demand in the US and who knows what the production capacity is like given the fact that there's barely any money to be made with old drugs that aren't used much outside of 3rd world countries...

Disclaimer: my clinical trial experience is in oncology only. Datasets are datasets though and these look good. Better than standard or care at least...
    Do you remember levamisole for colon cancer? If you're under 50 you might not. A drug for treating worms, mostly veterinary use, in use for decades, pennies a pill until it was found to be effective for colon cancer, price went up to 100's a pill over night. It was only used for colon cancer for a few years, probably supplanted by more effective (but not cheaper) agents.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Oof, yeah hopefully the big one stays away for a looong time.
    Approx 40% chance of a 9.0 in the next 50 years. Chances go way up for lower magnitudes. That would be just awesome on top of this lol

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Now would be the best time for the big one.

Everyone home, not in congested high rises or driving over old bridges, supplies stocked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Still be pretty bad rn, we have 1800 unreinforced masonry buildings in pdx, many of which house low income people, many of whom don't have the resources to be prepped.
    Most post 1994 high rises/buildings will be ok.
    True on the bridges, only two out of our 12 main bridges are fully seismically safe. and none of the RR bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Use less optimal PPE. Reuse PPE. Risk goes up.

~10% of the infections in Italy are healthcare workers
    That's fucking unacceptable. We are able to currently source MSA comfo-classic respirators. You should get see if you can get some.

Chloroquine is the older less efficacious and more toxic cousin. Same mechanism of action but lower activity, at least in-vitro (8x less potent). That means higher doses and more tox and maybe no therapeutic window (that happy range of doses where the drug works against the virus without making your eyeballs melt).
    Regardless, this could be huge. Nothing matters until we get human data. Now we have some.

My wife is on Plaquenil (Hydroxychloriquine). She decided to stock up a few months supply today because she heard it could run low. Price went up by $300. Apparently docs are already prescribing it to rich folks to keep around in the medicine cabinet incase they get the Covid-19. For her anyway, it took a while to take effect, and she has to get her eyes checked every few months.

Seem to recall some whimpering abouts sports to watch...

The N.F.L.’s Game Pass, which offers full replays of every N.F.L. game going back to the 2009 season, will be free through May 31 for those living in the United States and Canada, and through July 31 for those living in other countries.

The N.B.A.’s League Pass, which has full replays of every N.B.A. game going back to the 2018-19 season, will be free through April 22.

Think I'll watch the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Seem to recall some whimpering abouts sports to watch...

The N.F.L.’s Game Pass, which offers full replays of every N.F.L. game going back to the 2009 season, will be free through May 31 for those living in the United States and Canada, and through July 31 for those living in other countries.

The N.B.A.’s League Pass, which has full replays of every N.B.A. game going back to the 2018-19 season, will be free through April 22.

Think I'll watch the Super Bowl.
    Anyone whimpering about sports right now should absolutely STFU. We are, nationally, fully on the Italian arc.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    That's fucking unacceptable. We are able to currently source MSA comfo-classic respirators. You should get see if you can get some.
    You are 100% right.

We are being told to go to droplet masks because we cannot get enough respirators.

And that reusing droplet masks is coming soon.

I am livid.

Summit that just seems ridiculous. You know as well/better than me that first rule in rescue situations is to keep the rescuers safe.

Seems like an OSHA violation. What would happen if you told TPTB to fuck off until they can provide appropriate PPE?

from the middle of that san miguel article
    In recent days, our county has seen several critically ill residents requiring intensive hospitalization. In the last 48 hours there have been multiple cases in children under 4 years of age in regional Emergency Departments with serious symptoms concerning for COVID-19

the chloroquine sounds promising again, but as mentioned it does have side effects and may be on the edge of the therapeutic zone. and there are precautions against giving to those with many of the underlying risks we're talking about. still, having it work would be huge
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.