Page 215 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 41810
    watch out for snakes

BG night is clearly the king of this thread. (I've only updated until page 527, but it's pure gold so far)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Stay classy

https://youtu.be/nc8uqDnl4wc

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

US still lagging dramatically behind on testing. Top graphic is a 50 day window from the time of the first patient diagnosis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.56.28 AM.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	320723

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.58.43 AM.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	320724

There's an obvious delay in those data though. Here's up to the minute. Looks like ~10% of tested are positive and a 1.8% fatality rate. Fatality rate is impacted by number of tests conducted and lag between diagnosis and death. Regardless, this points to a death rate that is on par with S Korea and not Italy/Spain.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.00.15 AM.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	320725

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My friend is an ER doctor. He said at this point they assume anyone with symptoms has it. They don't have the ability to test everyone (he tested 3 out of a possible 15 symptomatic patients today) - too few swabs, too much burden on the lab, and it doesn't change the outcome - people are told to go home and self isolate regardless. He said as a result the reported numbers are meaningless at this point.
    Yet in Colorado, only 20% of the people tested so far (meaning those with the worst symptoms, referred by a doctor) are positive. That’s either a lot of false negatives, or a really bad assumption by the medical community.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yet in Colorado, only 20% of the people tested so far (meaning those with the worst symptoms, referred by a doctor) are positive. That’s either a lot of false negatives, or a really bad assumption by the medical community.
    Closer to 15%

https://covidtracking.com/data/

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I can as well - who banned travel from China? Did you say Italy? Yay you win
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forb...idnt-work/amp/
    Italy was covid's direct pipeline into europe.

https://www.altnewsmedia.net/news/co...ive-why-italy/

^^^ How is Switzerland holding up?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Life on the front lines

Good read
    https://timmermanreport.com/2020/03/...d-19-pandemic/
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And is that machinery is short supply?

I’d think someone could make a huge fortune if they were able to create a mask everyone could wear.

Elon? Screw the space station.
    Late with my reply, but yeah. Not only are the masks hard to make but the machinery isn't easy or quick to build.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So, are we allowed to say fuck these bat eating shits in Wuhan for all this or is that not socially acceptable?

Yet?
    I'm thinking we should send them a bill for this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    JHC people are stupid, and apparently hate Alfredo sauce.
    By me, all the chicken is gone as well as any ground beef. But apparently none of the local housewives know what to do with bottom and top round roasts. Looks like we'll be eating pot roast for a while in our house. This will give me a chance to experiment with with various roasting rubs.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Stay classy

https://youtu.be/nc8uqDnl4wc

For the most part it looks like a sausage-fest. Another example of women being the smarter sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ How is Switzerland holding up?
    Locked down. But the weather is beautiful.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20200316/swi...er-coronavirus

Thx, stay healthy
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    By me, all the chicken is gone as well as any ground beef. But apparently none of the local housewives know what to do with bottom and top round roasts. Looks like we'll be eating pot roast for a while in our house. This will give me a chance to experiment with with various roasting rubs.
    Scored some of this yesterday at the local Grocer. Who was surprisingly well stocked. Grabbed 5lbs of wings, a massive block of Cabot, and a spare tank for the grill. Happy Endings indeed

Name:	IMG_6285.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	320727

Name:	IMG_6286.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	320728

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Feel free to judge me on completeness and credibility, especially in contrast to the lazy half-ass replies!

Too many people here are desperately thirsty to see mass deaths in order to prove their own political biases correct, and attack anyone who dares to even THEORIZE that it's POSSIBLE we might not all be completely fucked.
    Fair enough. Mostly what Spats has done so far is carry the current administrations water with incomplete cherry picked factoids and lazy half-ass take downs of rumors that haven't actually appeared in this thread. It's more than a little pathetic given how badly they've bungled the early response.

For example, Spats posted an opinion piece by a Trump appointee who goes on to say the Trump administration saw fit to shrink the NSC staff for the sake of efficiency but fails to mention the officials who were forced out were the ones in charge of the U.S. response to pandemics.

It matters because even though the problems with the labs were real they were greatly exaggerated by top leadership and coordination problems in no small part due to the executive making light of the coronavirus, telling everyone it would miraculously disappear. Then from the top down there was infighting between the political leadership, who didn't consider it a major threat, and the scientific leadership, who did, which further hamstrung the ability to coordinate testing.

The fact that Spats vigorously defends the lack of wide spread testing, after exculpating the people who are actually in charge, tells you all you really need to know.

What Spats has done is cherry-pick details that tell his side of the story while insulting anyone who points out the much more credible evidence that he's wrong. The most insulting of which is people here want to see "mass deaths." Spats was an asshole when he posting here before and he's become an even bigger asshole since his return.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If this is still going on during wildland fire season it’s going to be a real conundrum with fire camps and smoke inhalation and evacuations and all that.
    ...and pre-season training and medical exams and fitness testing and crew busses and engine cabs and helicopters and jump ships. Fire season in the SW and Alaska often starts in April.

This will give me a chance to experiment with with various roasting rubs.
    Post a TR on whatever you come up with. I always find our roasts to be... unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Scored some of this yesterday at the local Grocer. Who was surprisingly well stocked. Grabbed 5lbs of wings, a massive block of Cabot, and a spare tank for the grill. Happy Endings indeed
    I may have to come up to the Hannaford in Lac Placide and do some grocery shopping. They have toilet paper too?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Post a TR on whatever you come up with. I always find our roasts to be... unsatisfying.
    10-4.

I may have to come up to the Hannaford in Lac Placide and do some grocery shopping. They have toilet paper too?
    They sure do. The only thing that isn’t well stocked is disinfectant wipes. Everything else seemed very well stocked.

I’m so Goddamned sick of all the pole-smoking hoarders. I just need some motherfucking soap. I don’t care what it is. Just one thing of motherfucking soap. It’s been like this for weeks. Forget a 3oz bottle of sanitizer for the 5 y/o. Jerkoff spazzes. Next asshat I see with a cart load of 10x the shit they need I’m helping myself to one and walking the fuck on. Fuck this is a nation of assholes.

Name:  0C7B67F5-A9D0-46A7-8B3D-1CAEFC513CA3.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  143.6 KB
    I still call it The Jake.

What's wrong with the Irish Spring sitting there? The Old Spice above it isn't bad either.

I’m so Goddamned sick of all the pole-smoking hoarders. I just need some motherfucking soap. I don’t care what it is. Just one thing of motherfucking soap. It’s been like this for weeks. Forget a 3oz bottle of sanitizer for the 5 y/o. Jerkoff spazzes. Next asshat I see with a cart load of 10x the shit they need I’m helping myself to one and walking the fuck on. Fuck this is a nation of assholes.
    Only meat will save us from this disaster.

https://primitivesurvivors.com/diy-soap-making/

What's wrong with the Irish Spring sitting there? The Old Spice above it isn't bad either.
    Hand soap for the boys bathroom. Or really any running water source. It’s like he deliberately goes out of his way to find the nastiest shit to get his hands into.

Apparently the turbo hoarders don’t like fish tacos. No shortage of frozen wild caught fish, cilantro, cabbage and limes. I know what I’m eating for the next month.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hand soap for the boys bathroom. Or really any running water source. It’s like he deliberately goes out of his way to find the nastiest shit to get his hands into.

Apparently the turbo hoarders don’t like fish tacos. No shortage of frozen wild caught fish, cilantro, cabbage and limes. I know what I’m eating for the next month.
    Just a reminder, you can't make soap from fish tallow. Now, deer on the other hand leave a wonderful creamy complexion.