Page 344 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    In contrast to The Atlantic:

On Faux, this is what women are worried about - https://twitter.com/i/status/1243183907907883009
    Oh, the humanity!

The new figures show that for every five Oregonians who tested positive, three are 50 or older, one is in their 40s and one is 39 or younger. Forty-somethings are actually more likely to have tested positive than people in their 50s and nearly just as likely to have tested positive as people in their 60s. Only five Oregonians younger than 20 have confirmed coronavirus diagnoses.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...gon-cases.html

The US prisons (and other countries) are going to be hard to deal with. So many complex issues and then there is ICE holding 38,000 people currently.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/releases-i...ry?id=69803066

What does the maggot collective think? These prisons are so overcrowded, but we can't exactly release a bunch of criminals into a vulnerable and locked down society. Gotta not allow any visitors, keep new inmates isolated, try to separate anyone with symptoms, etc.

I would think along with our healthcare providers, we need to prioritize the prisons for testing. Not an easy sell to the rest of the citizenry...but I don't see another way.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Too lazy too find the POS humans thread. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/wo...rnd/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Of course if we had mountains of masks in this country on every corner half the people still wouldn't wear them anyways unless forced to, so once we have them, I say force them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    This is painting with a pretty broad brush, but I think Japanese culture also has strong cultural norms in favor of rule-following. As opposed to the whole American maverick "I'm gonna go play pickup basketball in the park" mentality.
    During the Spanish flu the California governor said it was the “patriotic duty of every American citizen” to wear a mask and San Francisco passed an ordinance requiring masks in public. The police arrested any violators. It worked for a month. Then people grew restless and an "Anti-Mask League of San Francisco” formed to force the city to repeal the ordinance. The League also urged civil disobedience, people stopped wearing masks, the law became unenforceable and was repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The US prisons (and other countries) are going to be hard to deal with. So many complex issues and then there is ICE holding 38,000 people currently.

What does the maggot collective think? These prisons are so overcrowded, but we can't exactly release a bunch of criminals into a vulnerable and locked down society. Gotta not allow any visitors, keep new inmates isolated, try to separate anyone with symptoms, etc.

I would think along with our healthcare providers, we need to prioritize the prisons for testing. Not an easy sell to the rest of the citizenry...but I don't see another way.
    one of my cousins is a prison guard for one of the county jails here. they just released all the non-violent criminals, or at least the guys (mens prison) with non-serious crimes. He said the prison population is down by something like 50-60%. I didn't get into what sorts of crimes the guys had done that were released, but I assume it's drug dealing/drug use stuff.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    When do we talk about the export halo as applied to medicine? Lots of little gods running around, self-assurred/ears closed, and too often allowed to be the deciders by the smaller-of-ego (who could do it better at least as often as not). Cultural dysfunction to make 737 MAX look almost forgivable.
    There are "experts" and then there are experts. Listen to an interview with Fauci--"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know." The real experts aren't afraid to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Seriously, what's their fucking damage?

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I hope KQ is ok, as I haven't seen her post for awhile.
    I'm a casual poster at best here but noticed that too.

KQ - hope you're doping ok. If you're enjoying the time away that's cool, but otherwise it would be great to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Thanks for the link!.. that's quite a read
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Could releasing the criminals cause more deaths than Trumps idiocy has and will?

fuck

son is living with us as just out of marines late fall, he is EMT, looking to get on a FD. just found out his partner is covid positive.

sore throat this morning, son on 14 day quarantine in the house.

India dealing with people not isolating

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

They all need to be on Quarantine and airgapped, last week. That means the guards are on lockdown too. And, theoretically, the only way dope and booze and CV can get in is by supply shipments...

Hard Time

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    one of my cousins is a prison guard for one of the county jails here. they just released all the non-violent criminals, or at least the guys (mens prison) with non-serious crimes. He said the prison population is down by something like 50-60%. I didn't get into what sorts of crimes the guys had done that were released, but I assume it's drug dealing/drug use stuff.
    Lock your cars.

Shit...80% of Anchorage Jail is DUI and DV, 10% is run-of-the-mill gang/ghetto...But that last 10%...Naa, nobody gonna let them go.

I'd like to think the prisons are easier to deal with. Yes, there's a lot of people in a fairly small space. But those people are on (literal) lockdown. It should be relatively easy to segment the population, limit interaction, etc. Unlike the general public, it's a lot easier to force that population of people to follow whatever protocols are deemed useful to limit the spread of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Great video!!.. If anyone in the White House had half a brain they would play the video at the next news conference

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    India dealing with people not isolating

Similarly entertaining tactics used in Brazil to get people off the beaches.

USA temporarily takes the case lead over Italy
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    USA temporarily takes the case lead over Italy
    I guess this is one way to replace the lack of sports?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I swear a damn grocery store did more to prepare
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/he...irus-pandemic/
    Justen Noakes: We modeled what had been taking place in China from a transmission perspective, as well as impact. As the number of illnesses and the number of deaths were increasing, obviously the Chinese government was taking some steps to protect their citizens, so we basically mirrored what that might look like. We also took an approach to what we saw during H1N1 in 2009, and later got on top of it. Our example was if we were to get an outbreak, specifically in the Houston area, how would we manage that, and how would we respond with our current resources, as well as what resource opportunities would we have.

If anyone is interested in a foreign English language news source...I like NHK for Japan/Asia....And DW for Germany/Europe...And of course the BBC is also good.. almost a foreign language for some Americans..;-). .... https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/ ...https://www.dw.com/en/top-stories/s-9097. ..https://www.bbc.com/news

Day 4 of isolation from family in our sunroom with 'no contact' protocols after exiting the travel bugstream from Zurich through O'Hare to SeaTac.

We have a bathroom I can access from the garage, but all food is brought to me and dirty dishes placed in a bowl, all managed by my wife whos hands are getting raw from washing. Kids are doing fine, likely all 4 of us burning up the wires with bit traffic.

Reading, innert00bing and worrying.

Indeterminacy is one thing, but with the negative potential so great, this is something else. Not much I can do except isolate and take vitamin D and several grams of vitamin C per day with lots of water. No symptoms and evidently the median incubation is 5 days. 10 more to go to be in the 97% safe set.

I'm bored with all the covid concomitant accusations and narcissism oozing from the usual orifaces. I expect the stress will accentuate conduct, both good and bad. No surprise.

I have remote work for the moment and once my quarantine is over, I'm not sure what I can do. Maybe deliver food? Feed peoples animals? Or maybe just keep isolating to help block the spread?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<