Page 279 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Pork shoulder .98 a lbs. vacuum sealed bag lasts in the fridge for a while.
    Basil plants leafing out
    I'll stop posting about food after this but good call on fresh basil, this is a decent time to get herbs going inside (or out if your climate allows). I use tons of cilantro but have been holding off buying any, OOAAOC.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Cento's are around $6 per can here. Can't justify it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I'll stop posting about food after this but good call on fresh basil, this is a decent time to get herbs going inside (or out if your climate allows). I use tons of cilantro but have been holding off buying any, OOAAOC.
    Curry in a hurry! Do it. It's a good thread drift that is completely relevant. Lots of folks with kids at home, trying to save, etc. I googled the OO thing. Still don't understand. Stop using that shit, NTTIAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Cento's are around $6 per can here. Can't justify it personally.
    I suspect next years will be a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I suspect next years will be a bit more.
    Holy shit, with tarrifs from italy on meat and wine, plus this crap, I can't imagine. But if you watch the vid I posted, Cali has some really good alternatives, and I'm just on the edge of really picky when it comes to wine and SM tomatoes. Those glorious fruits have to go somewhere, maybe they will actually be cheaper? Something to think about.

To be completely honest, when my mom from italy died, and I cleaned out and sold the house, the first thing I did was hoard all her canned sm toms. True. Every bite from what I made was gastronomical therapy. All the wine was shit though, but I made vinegar. Bitter sweet story, but all true.

Apparently doubt about hand sanitizer arises?
    I hate the stuff personally. That’s why I’ve mentioned gloves a few times.
    10 cents a pair for anyone that is at risk.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...wsuit-n1165461

Edit: but I still fully encourage people to use it for sure. My tongue is still tingling from the copious amounts I used today when gloves weren’t practical. I’m sure it kills some bullshit. Whether it kills the ronass or not I’m not sure.

I think if every prepper ever went to burning man, they would have a real good idea about what actually works in terms of protection from many things. There is a huge thing going on in the burner community about gifting 95 masks and all types of products to medical staff at need.

10 principals everyone. One of which is radical self reliance, another is gifting and non-comodification. There are more, but they play hard here in these times. I'll post the full below. Radical inclusion, participation. We're not all fucking drugged out hippies. We are trying to change minds. With stuff or not.

https://burningman.org/culture/philo...10-principles/

Everyone here has it, take the couch and hydrate.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vails...is-virus-down/
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 03-21-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That reminds me of Trumps ‘signed’ graph of the market rebound last week...
    Well to be fair, it was the single biggest one day increase in the stock market in history based solely on trump's leadership. Even Ilhan Omar has now praised Trump's response.

Maybe you are just wrong in your TDS outrage?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

This is one of my favorite songs in the world. I know it fits. Please listen to the lyrics.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My local LBS is now appointment only. Sucks for them just as the weather is getting warmer and business picking up, but the owner just had his second kid, so being stuck at home is not so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Well to be fair, it was the single biggest one day increase in the stock market in history based solely on trump's leadership. Even Ilhan Omar has now praised Trump's response.

To be fair he's an incompetent asshole who, after directly causing the death of 160 odd Canadians by drone striking an Iranian leader, has likely killed thousands of his own citizens by his inaction and inability to do or say anything remotely altruistic. Fuck Trump and fuck anyone who supports that piece of shit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD9E44F0-9D7C-429D-95D4-6881033EB8BA.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	581.1 KB 
ID:	321423

Exclamation ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

UW Covid team is going to use Hydroxychloroquine for all patients warranting hospital admission. We came up with this quick and simple guideline for QTc cutoffs during treatment. Feel free to adapt and use if your hospital is using hydroxychloroquin for these pts. #COVID19
    https://twitter.com/ArunRSridhar/sta...822639104?s=20

Here's the image with the protocol in it:
    Name:  hcqQTccutoffs.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  24.9 KB

The full Raoult paper:
    Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19
    https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...t-of-covid-19/
    Draft version here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/186B...IlWSHnGbj/view

Hydroxychloroquine has low toxicity over short courses: toxicity seems to only be a problem with chronic use, like 1000+ grams taken over a lifetime. (Typical pills are 200mg.) It even seems to be safe for pregnant women:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14613284

Bayer steps up:

Bayer donates 3 million tablets of investigational coronavirus drug Resochin to the US
    https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...aa87ae6325a11f
    (Resochin is their trade name for chloroquine. Hydroxychloroquine seems to be more effective based on in vitro trials, but both are shown to help. That might also depend on relative dosages.)

Teva steps up EVEN BIGGER:

Teva to Donate Potential COVID-19 Treatment, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets to Hospitals Nationwide
    https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...ide-2020-03-19
    "Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (nyse and tase:TEVA) announced today the immediate donation of more than 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets through wholesalers to hospitals across the U.S. to meet the urgent demand for the medicine as an investigational target to treat COVID-19."

6 million doses is enough to treat 200,000 patients via the Raoult protocol!

Of course, the corporate media would rather see more people die to own #orangeman:

Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...ope/index.html

With Minimal Evidence, Trump Asks F.D.A. to Study Malaria Drugs for Coronavirus
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/h...loroquine.html

Virus Drug Touted by Trump, Musk Can Kill In Just Two Grams
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...ob-tw-enus-677
    (Typical dose is 300mg base, 600mg base as a one-time dose in special circumstances. Breaking news: taking 7 times the prescribed dose of a drug might be bad!)

Meanwhile: It took me literally TWO MINUTES on Pubmed to find out that we've known chloroquine has anti-coronaviral effects since (checks date) 2004. This is because of research during the SARS outbreak: SARS is also a coronavirus.
    In vitro inhibition of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus by chloroquine.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15351731

Are these "journalists" not able to type "chloroquine coronavirus" into Pubmed?

More importantly, why are major pharmaceutical companies donating OVER 9 MILLION DOSES of medication that is an "unsubstantiated hope" with "minimal evidence" and that "can kill in just two grams"?

====

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

"He's just buying votes!"
    Last edited by Spats; 03-21-2020 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Not 8 million...over 9 million!

Sitting here sipping coffee at 430 petting my pooch prepping to go in for mandatory ot to make covid19 test kits. Monday we were only doing 1 lot approx 1000 kits a shift. Now we have six lines running it full time maybe touching 40k per day of the covid panels. Fun factory said forget about your next 4 saturdays. Fukit cant ski anyways might as well make some money
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Today's figure is 7,038. (3/18/20)
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
    (There's a several day lag, since it takes a few days to test and report results.)

Most importantly, and BEFORE ANYONE PANICS and BEFORE ANYONE STARTS FLIPPING OUT ABOUT GEOMETRIC PROGRESSIONS, look at the graph of "Number of specimens tested":

Attachment 321042

On March 13, the most recent day on which we have complete results, we tested 4661 people.
    A week earlier, on March 6, we tested less than half of that: 1759 people.
    A week earlier, on February 28, we tested 164 people.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

If you test over 28 times as many people (4661/164), you are going to get 28 times more positive tests even if no one new has been infected!

Furthermore, as I've shown before, Covid-19 testing is remarkably inaccurate. In Chinese testing, the false-positive rate of positive results was 80.33%.

This means that the more tests we run, the more positive tests for Covid-19 will magically appear - especially as more tests become available and we start testing people who are asymptomatic or only marginally sick. What will happen then is that the infection rate will keep going up rapidly, but the mortality rate will plummet.

Today we're currently at 97 deaths and 7,038 cases, for a mortality rate of 1.3% - which is already far lower than the "3.4% we're all gonna die!!11!1" scenarios. This ratio will continue to decrease as the number of tests continues to increase geometrically.

Once again, and as I've said since my very first post, "Be smart." We can fuck it all up by acting like everything's over. Be cautious with your social interactions. Have and use a thermometer regularly, to check yourself for developing fever. Communicate with family and friends who are stuck at home: we're all short some human contact.

But please, ease up on the hysteria. First responders and our medical system are being overwhelmed by people who are panicking at the first sign of a cough or sniffle. Let them care for the people who are genuinely in trouble.

Thank you.
    F
    Bunny Don't Surf

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

]
    Bwaaaa. Haaa
    Snap
    . . .

We increased our seed order this year. Regardless how this spins food supply is going to be sideways for a while
    Last edited by cat in january; 03-21-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    God damn I was pissed today. After the stores were raided 2 weeks ago, they still haven't restocked my favorite San Marzano's. I'm making parm dammit! Stacks of tp, no great tomatoes. This is BS. We are fucked. (TM)
    Cento?

Edit: got excited about tomatoes and posted before I saw the rest of this important discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    That's what they want you think! But, yeah, the original link was something that popped on a tech feed I follow that typically avoids political slant. I edited the post with an updated link.

I do think though a lot things we were concerned before the epidemic, like surveillance civil liberties and a lot more, will seem less important post-Covid. Not saying that's a good thing.
    I prefer the first link.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Sitting here sipping coffee at 430 petting my pooch prepping to go in for mandatory ot to make covid19 test kits. Monday we were only doing 1 lot approx 1000 kits a shift. Now we have six lines running it full time maybe touching 40k per day of the covid panels. Fun factory said forget about your next 4 saturdays. Fukit cant ski anyways might as well make some money
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    To be fair he's an incompetent asshole who, after directly causing the death of 160 odd Canadians by drone striking an Iranian leader, has likely killed thousands of his own citizens by his inaction and inability to do or say anything remotely altruistic. Fuck Trump and fuck anyone who supports that piece of shit.
    Agreed. However, and I am not letting him off the hook, there's a chance that the airplane was shot down to assassinate someone on board or prevent something from leaving. There's the Ukrainian arms dealer that was on board. Not a friend of the Russians. Plus were there any journalists? It doesn't change the fact that those people were murdered. And it doesn't change the fact that the backdrop was the pResident's drone strike. I just have an easier time believing it was intentional, given the circumstances.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post

for all those day traders near retirement it was great

lmao

meaningless

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Shits gettin realz yo
    #wearealliceman
    never met or knew Jack Kennedy
    I know iceman
    im no iceman
    that guys way smarter and harder to kill than i
    and bwwwaaaahhh spats got the "fuck you in the ear your'e on ignore"
    from the guy who watches Hannity everyday
    ouch
    im going with to batshit looney to be let in my house irl ever again -sfb
    and hope to add another sfb sig to my collection
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Went down to the tidal basin to check out the cherry blossoms. Hardly anyone there, so social distancing was easy to do. I could get used to this no traffic, no crowd way of life. Anyway, it was an absolutely gorgeous evening. The lack of people made it possible for some erotic behavior in the FDR memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Went down to the tidal basin to check out the cherry blossoms. Hardly anyone there, so social distancing was easy to do. I could get used to this no traffic, no crowd way of life. Anyway, it was an absolutely gorgeous evening. The lack of people made it possible for some erotic behavior in the FDR memorial.
    Dude. Public masturbation is your thing? Jeebus. I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The lack of people made it possible for some erotic behavior in the FDR memorial.
    Feeding the ducks? Distributing some literature?

Bunny Don't Surf