Page 260 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    a lot of restaurant workers are fucked because their career has been taken from them. yeah, they could have made a better career choice - so fuck 'em, right?

many other people are going to get laid off too because of the down turn in business - fuck them too

fuck all the companies too, while trump was pronouncing this was all going to blow over and it was a democratic party hoax - instead of working to reduce the consequences

i hope you get laid off and your company goes tits up

then who will need a hand out?

fucking cunt
    You clearly have no grasp of the situation. $1k or $2K to everyone is dumb. I did not say not to offer unemployment comp to those laid off. I said fuck the greedy corporations that have used all their cash for stock buy backs rather than increasing employees wages, benefits and having operating capital for a rainy day. All those companies can fail OR give the Treasury stock at .50 cents on the dollar reinvested into them. That way responsible people are placed on the board, the country prospers as the companies recover and the employees are protected from the irresponsible policies of increase share price regardless of everything else.
    Get a clue dumb ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

the money is to stimulate consumption

if trump has political motives, so be it - the money will be spent - people always spend money

and I absolutely despise the orange retard, but handing money out now is not the worst idea in the world

you know what was a really bad idea, the personal tax cut for the top .1%

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Outbreak map: https://www.coronainusa.com

Not sure how useful it is but hey

Not up to date.
    We just had 2 deaths today in a neighboring town that are not reflected. New Canaan, Ct. lots of elderly in that town. New cases confirmed today in my town - 7. Wondering what tomorrows count will be. Probably much higher. Got an automated message that they have set up a drive through testing facility today in one of the large parking lots at one of the beaches.

the money is to stimulate consumption

if trump has political motives, so be it - the money will be spent - people always spend money
    Yep. It's a win, win for stoking the consumer economy and reelection.

let's not forget that trump lost by three million votes and that he is desperately trying to hold on to the base so he can win in the electoral college

you can't strand people who depend on public transportation - i would imagine the thought is that many of these people that depend on public transportation may be in a worse situation then they were before

hence free fare
    Gonna end up stranding them in the graveyard.
    And it’s not like it’s “them” and you, when those people are spreading it all over the community it’s going to be everyone’s problem.

it already is everyone's problem

do you have any concept of math and the models?

Ok then open everything back up then. Wtf?

It would sure be great if some smart people got together and developed a master response plan to something like this for the future.

Fuck it.
    Whatever.
    I hope somebody else dies first so maybe they shut us down before it gets me. Or I get it early enough that there’s healthcare available to me.
    Maybe that would be the best thing, going to get it in my job regardless...better to get it early before the hospital is wrecked.

I don’t know why I even care. Back in the day I used to be 100% ready to die every time the helicopter took off. Motorcycles, whatever. I never thought I’d live this long.
    I think I just resent being held in such disregard by the public and my supervisors that exposing me to 150 gross people every day is like “hey maybe we’ll kill the bus driver, but we have to make sure people can go get Doritos and Mountain Dew” I dunno. When it’s time to talk about our pay, we’re not doing important work. When it comes time to protect us from the deadly virus we’re suddenly so important we’re supposed to die for it. Okey dokey. Like I said, Fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Ok then open everything back up then. Wtf?
    it's all about risk reduction - but you can't strand people - it sucks - this is a century changing event

the free fares - i guess they are thinking the population they serve is going to be hit really hard with job loss

i don't know - i really don't - in the grand scheme of things maybe it is a trade off that needs to be made

i really don't know, but I do believe most policy makers are doing the best they can except for the orange retard and a few others

While everyone goes into me versus them, these rat bastards were selling stock and promoting the divide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550653FD-799F-4A0F-A525-CC2FDE28E0A5.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	321197

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It would sure be great if some smart people got together and developed a master response plan to something like this for the future.

One of the stories I read not sure if I saved the link. I guess it’s SOP for the departing administration to run various drills. Obama ran virus disaster, Trump downplayed it. Post the link if you have it.

maybe the thing to do is call in van service for the needy... or contract to uber... these are interesting and unforeseen situations that our medical system is not set up to handle

all cali shelter in place
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

it already is everyone's problem

do you have any concept of math and the models?
    He raises a legitimate issue. This is one more way that health depends on income. People who can't afford cars can't avoid crowded buses. If you can think of a better way for poor people to get where they need to go I'm sure everyone will be all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    While everyone goes into me versus them, these rat bastards were selling stock and promoting the divide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550653FD-799F-4A0F-A525-CC2FDE28E0A5.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	321197
    if they sent martha stewart to jail for insider trading - that bitch deserves it in spades

who does foresee unintended consequences?
    Or the Spanish Inquisition!

But seriously, I think the ability to consider the what ifs, and visualize possible outcomes is part of what makes someone a good manager. That and knowing good advice when you hear it. Sadly knee-jerk is the norm (in both directions)

Fuck it.
    Whatever.
    I hope somebody else dies first so maybe they shut us down before it gets me. Or I get it early enough that there’s healthcare available to me.
    Maybe that would be the best thing, going to get it in my job regardless...better to get it early before the hospital is wrecked.
    i worked with someone that reported flu like symptoms... they didn't have to come in... they couldn't work from home

cough cough, are you feeling well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Or the Spanish Inquisition!

But seriously, I think the ability to consider the what ifs, and visualize possible outcomes is part of what makes someone a good manager. That and knowing good advice when you hear it. Sadly knee-jerk is the norm (in both directions)
    trump has rational thinking republicans held hostage - see jeff flake....

Here’s wtf I want to know:
    How is a restaurant/bar/gym/sportsball game/office full of people so dangerous we have to kill the economy to eliminate the threat, but a bus full of people even closer together is somehow ok?
    It’s an easy question to answer.

I’m doing all I can to keep my business afloat. I’ve scoured the city hoping to find disinfectants to keep my employees safe while serving our customers and keeping them safe. I’ve radically changed how we do business to keep us all safe. After the earthquake yesterday I cried most of the day, overwhelmed by the stress of keeping everyone safe while being shown I was quite helpless after all.

It infuriates me to see these fucking assholes worry about their portfolios while a typhoon is descending on our country. Spats, I’ve always liked you and can appreciate you are different than most. But, I agree with most, fuck you right in the ear. This thing is exploding and you’re carrying water for the people that did nothing but downplay the problem. You are on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fire/ EMS Update #4- SW Edition

Sorry Mags, I’m trying to keep these on the regular, but it’s fucking nuts...

We are at 35 confirmed in NM. That is solely due to lack of testing. Period. What the actual number is, who fucking knows....
    Our firefighters are amazing. They continue to selflessly run 250+ calls a day, with THE question in the back of their minds......Is this the one?
    As Summit, Natty, and others have stated, the PPE shortage is going to be a giant, severe, and life-threatening problem..Like now. I would ask all of you to light up Congress and the WH’s switchboard demanding ALL PPE production be ramped up and solely dedicated to hospitals and first responders.
    Ten of our members in quarantine. No positive tests. Yet. That will change.. it’s math, people.
    On a personal note, I feel like I’m a resilient person. I e been doing this for 23 years. That being said,I’m exhausted. Every “solution” leads to 3 more questions.....And I try to come home, to my family, and put a smiley face on....But they’re already going stir crazy, and I don’t have the heart to tell them this is week one in a month’s long pandemic....
    Stay home. Stay healthy. Send vibes to all of us. I will keep you updated. -S
    Wife is good at sewing. We're wondering if those DIY masks work? She wants to use the supplies she has to make a bunch for hospitals and first responders. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I’m doing all I can to keep my business afloat. I’ve scoured the city hoping to find disinfectants to keep my employees safe while serving our customers and keeping them safe. I’ve radically changed how we do business to keep us all safe. After the earthquake yesterday I cried most of the day, overwhelmed by the stress of keeping everyone safe while being shown I was quite helpless after all.

It infuriates me to see these fucking assholes worry about their portfolios while a typhoon is descending on our country. Spats, I’ve always liked you and can appreciate you are different than most. But, I agree with most, fuck you right in the ear. This thing is exploding and you’re carrying water for the people that did nothing but downplay the problem. You are on ignore.
    my wrenching guy has no business...

i tried to help another small business owner who wanted hand sanitizer. They couldn't buy any until june thru their supplier. The cheapest rubbing alcohol i could find was $20/liter. That would make a liter and a quarter of hand sanitizer plus buying a few dyi dispensers.

These are really unusual times