Page 439 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 41810

Thread: Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    75% of shoppers at grocery store today wore masks. It’s scarier every time I go.

Check out gal had no gloves but wore a mask. Said she washed her hands when she got home, then proceeded to scratch her nose, with the mask pulled down, and no gloves.

I say it’s a matter of time until they fall ill, quit, and then all end up suing. Where are the Unions protecting these people?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Where are the Unions protecting these people?"

I learned today that there is a National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum. The world never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Wife found a surgical mask in the closet and decided I should wear it when she sent me this AM. There's maybe 10 other people in the store; three (counting me) wearing face coverings. The store is big enough there is no reason people can't stay 10' away from each other with the tiniest bit of forethought.

A woman wearing a scarf over her face comes up to within two feet of where I'm standing at the milk cases. I look over and say "give me 6' please." She pulls down her scarf and sez "What?" then pulls her scarf back up. So I said, loudly, "Will you please move your ass 6 fucking feet away from me please?"

Her scarf fell down again as she harumphed and walked away.
    Like I said above, idiocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This whole face covering thing is turning into 9/11-level political theater
    This is exactly correct, but I'm not sure it's a bad thing. For the same reason that cops aren't wearing homemade bulletproof vests, the vast majority of homemade face masks being worn are inadequate. The scarf/bandanna especially so. That's like wrapping a rubber band around your dick, and calling it a condom. Factoring in the lack of training and user error, there's little-to-no protection for the wearer or the public.

To continue to police analogy, the mask is like the cop's hat or badge. It's a powerful social signal. Before this, when you saw someone wearing a mask, you gave them a wide berth because they were either sick or immunocompromised. If the current mask theater does that, it's a success.

But it's a major fail if people get a false sense of security from it.

BG posts some interesting videos about one doctor's anecdotal experience suggesting that the ventilator treatments for covid might need to be adjusted (vs regular ARDS protocols) - good post for the padded room experts (being serious here). But does this mean BGnight has had a change of heart about da covid? If so that's great.

* But let's revisit some of BG's past gems from this thread:

If you want to create a totally false panic about a totally false pandemic – pick a coronavirus.

Stay scared bitch. It's a fake epidemic with a lot of self fulfillment due to saturation of media suggestions. You don't get sick if you don't think you will. Probably why I had the flu once when I was 13 and have never had a flu shot.

They roll these same clowns out during every outbreak with extremely exaggerated numbers. This guy has been covering every virus scam in the last twenty years.

If we banned all corporate media for 2 weeks this virus would magically disappear.

Went out to breakfast this morning (Reno, NV). Cafe was packed with people waiting. Little kids to old people. No fucks given. If you don't live in fear you won't get sick.

CDC, media, and government are enemies of the people. All you need to know.

If I'm not sick I'm going wherever the fuck I want when I want. It's not selfish. They want people to think that everyone is a carrier. IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Your government and official health advisors and experts courtesy of the CDC, WHO, pharmaceutical medical cartel and brainwashed doctors courtesy of controlled institutionalized "medical education" sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry."

Going way deeper with the Coronavirus scare and artificially created crisis/epidemic, the Powers That Be (PTB) behind the scenes (not your official puppet "representatives") understand occult and metaphysical laws very well like Black Magic magicians and sorcerers of the dark side. This is going to be way over the head for most people (and will be dismissed as "woo woo conspiracy nonsense" by most anyway), but anyone who is aware of occult forces, occult laws, and the hyperdimensional realms and matrix, knows what I'm hinting at.

How do you know those are Covid-19 cases? They could just be a myriad of other illness that test positive on these bullshit PCR tests. No one tests the tests.

Where are the photos of overflowing intensive care departments and the thousands of virus victims? I would add, where are the photos of the funerals and interviews with families of those who have succumbed to the virus? where's the bodies??

..and I'm right. It's hard being the only one who know's what's going on in a sea of brainwashed soy boys.

-----

BG - still think this is a fake pandemic created by the deep state / big pharma / occult leaders? Still think this is all bullshit and we're just falling for it and you're the "only one who knows what's going on"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Yeah that’s fair OG, I’m just frustrated with people in my city claiming it’s not that bad and don’t need protection because only x people have it here. I’ve done what I could, just ready to disengage from the general public at this point.
    Valid points. For the mouth breathers still comparing this to the flu, the official death tolls from the flu are based on models that correct for under reported deaths and cases. The COVID-19 death and case tolls require positive tests. At the end of this, or at some point further along, some very smart statisticians / data scientists and medical scientists will calculate the actual number of deaths and cases and it will be much higher than current totals. The same mouth breathers will probably point at this adjustment as more “hype” and “hysteria” from the media, even though they accept the flu figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's like wrapping a rubber band around your dick, and calling it a condom.
    To be fair, this could actually be pretty effective at preventing pregnancy effective if you do it tight enough.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 04-05-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    This alone is going to slow how quickly we can reopen the country. Why are we being so stupid about this? United States huh? Nothing United going on at the moment.

Boris Johnson admitted to hospital.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52171176

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Like I said above, idiocracy.

This is exactly correct, but I'm not sure it's a bad thing. For the same reason that cops aren't wearing homemade bulletproof vests, the vast majority of homemade face masks being worn are inadequate. The scarf/bandanna especially so. That's like wrapping a rubber band around your dick, and calling it a condom. Factoring in the lack of training and user error, there's little-to-no protection for the wearer or the public.

To continue to police analogy, the mask is like the cop's hat or badge. It's a powerful social signal. Before this, when you saw someone wearing a mask, you gave them a wide berth because they were either sick or immunocompromised. If the current mask theater does that, it's a success.

But it's a major fail if people get a false sense of security from it.
    The cloth masks aren't really to protect the wearer. They are to limit the distribution of particulates if the wearer coughs/sneezes. They don't stop it, but but they lower the radius in which the wearer's droplets might travel.

I do agree that people shouldn't gain a false sense of security though.

Wearing masks to prevent other people from getting sick as a common courtesy is a good thing. It would nice if once the COVID-19 pandemic passes people with more typical infectious illnesses wear masks to protect others from catching it. I read a study on influenza that said if only 40% of a population wear masks then the spread is effectively halted.

The point about a hat or badge still matters though because the more people who wear masks, for whatever reason, normalizes wearing masks and that's something we all benefit from. Especially when more effective cheap easier-to-use masks become available.

@marcus, I get that, but the last page or two is about how nobody even knows how to keep it on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    it’s a matter of time until they fall ill, quit, and then all end up suing. Where are the Unions protecting these people?
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well, if the workers aren’t working union dues aren’t paid.
    I'm like 99% sure that there is no "grocery workers" union

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Especially when more effective masks become available.
    That's really the biggest national failure.

Corporate America gets bailouts, yet joe-public has to go on the internet to learn how to turn his tighty whities into a mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    99% sure that there is no "grocery workers" union
    Always that 1% chance

http://www.ufcw400.org/category/employers/safeway/

well slap my ass and call me sally... Krogers/Safeway workers have a union. No shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Boris Johnson admitted to hospital.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52171176
    There are 2 people I want in the hospital dieing from this. One down and one to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Mitch McConnell would be a nice addition.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    well slap my ass and call me sally... Krogers/Safeway workers have a union. No shit.
    Hah! One of my HS jobs back in the late 90s was pushing carts and bagging groceries at Kroger for Taco Bell/car insurance/gas money. I’d forgotten all about having to join the union until this post.
    focus.

This might be premature, and tangential, but it looks like the flu has all but disappeared from a surveillance standpoint as a result of social distancing and lockdown measures.

Week 13 ended Sunday, March 29. Compare 2020 week 13 with 2019 week 13 which was still the height of the flu season last year. And with any luck COVID-19 is seasonal as well
    That would be great, but considering equatorial Africa is a hotspot right now I'm not optimistic.

Wearing masks to prevent other people from getting sick as a common courtesy is a good thing. It would nice if once the COVID-19 pandemic passes people with more typical infectious illnesses wear masks to protect others from catching it. I read a study on influenza that said if only 40% of a population wear masks then the spread is effectively halted.
    Hell, we can't even get people to stay home from work when they're sick.

That's really the biggest national failure.

Corporate America gets bailouts, yet joe-public has to go on the internet to learn how to turn his tighty whities into a mask!
    Yeah well the fed government has failed on almost every front here.

Monitoring/warning - either faulty or ignored

Preparedness - defunded, disbanded task force/NSC

Response - Bullshit Trumpfuckery lies and obfuscations. “Hoax” et al

Shit distribution of supplies - Theyre Kushners, not yours.

Waited fucking too long enough to invoke the War production powers to produce. Any death from not having a ventilator from 4/15 on is blood on Trumps hands.

Still no Federal mandate on stay at home or well, basically anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That would be great, but considering equatorial Africa is a hotspot right now I'm not optimistic.
    Population Africa: 1,216,000,000
    Population India: 1,339,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Mitch McConnell would be a nice addition.
    And Kushner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I would rather something more vicious for weasel-boy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah well the fed government has failed on almost every front here.

Monitoring/warning - either faulty or ignored

Preparedness - defunded, disbanded task force/NSC

Response - Bullshit Trumpfuckery lies and obfuscations. “Hoax” et al

Shit distribution of supplies - Theyre Kushners, not yours.

Waited fucking too long enough to invoke the War production powers to produce. Any death from not having a ventilator from 4/15 on is blood on Trumps hands.

Still no Federal mandate on stay at home or well, basically anything.

Don't disagree with any of that.