Page 78 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 41810
    Covid would be a great name for a new Black Crows model.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The President has broad powers to legislate by executive order by declaring an emergency. These powers could be used to direct funding to build a wall to keep coronavirus out.

He can also order that TP only be sold to those who need it. Spread your cheeks at the check out, if your ass is dirty you get to buy a roll. I guess we'll all be saving our grocery receipts.

I do find it disturbing that the thing that people cannot live without is toilet paper. How did people get by before 1857? (I just googled it.) It does explain why the Scots wear kilts and no underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Well my house and cars are clean n sterile. I’ve packed on a few lbs from my food stock pile - eat everything at home pledge. Need fitness but it’s a war zone
    I used to live over there, miss that LA Fitness but I guess that may not be the best place to spend time with all those free flowing bodily fluids.

Those poor milfs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    There's better sourdough to be found in Grass Valley.
    As TP? The stuff’s better than 6-ply. And the crust.....

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I used to live over there, miss that LA Fitness but I guess that may not be the best place to spend time with all those free flowing bodily fluids.

Those poor milfs.
    Great place to sweat and taking in some tight pants but you couldn’t pay me right now to go there.. btw it’s probably out your way too. You know the crazy’s from the ridge and Kirkland smash

One thing to keep in mind re mortality rate--it appears that many people are spending weeks on ventilators before dying which means that the death rate at this point lags the case rate. As those being kept alive on ventilators continue to die the death rate will increase, until a steady state is reached. However, once we run out of ventilators the time lag between diagnosis and death will go away. In a worse case scenario we could see triage for ventilator access. (Actually, if you're 80 years old being triaged to comfort care rather than spending your last weeks hooked up to a machine might be the better option. Given my age this is something I've been giving a little thought to.)

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Great place to sweat and taking in some tight pants but you couldn’t pay me right now to go there.. btw it’s probably out your way too. You know the crazy’s from the ridge and Kirkland smash
    Oh it’s everywhere.

Hell, 2 weeks ago my family and I all had flu symptoms so may of already had it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One thing to keep in mind re mortality rate--it appears that many people are spending weeks on ventilators before dying which means that the death rate at this point lags the case rate. As those being kept alive on ventilators continue to die the death rate will increase, until a steady state is reached. However, once we run out of ventilators the time lag between diagnosis and death will go away. In a worse case scenario we could see triage for ventilator access. (Actually, if you're 80 years old being triaged to comfort care rather than spending your last weeks hooked up to a machine might be the better option. Given my age this is something I've been giving a little thought to.)
    Don’t go towards the light Old Goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It’s also be a great name for the Jerantula replacement model. Sounds grim enough.

Someone PM Jer down at the factory.
    I still call it The Jake.

A working hypothesis that SARS-CoV-2, like SARS, is neuroinvasive and that explains in part why patients admitted to the intensive care cannot breathe spontaneously:

The most characteristic symptom of COVID-19 patients is respiratory distress, and most of the patients admitted to the intensive care could not breathe spontaneously. Additionally, some COVID-19 patients also showed neurologic signs such as headache, nausea and vomiting. Increasing evidence shows that coronavriruses are not always confined to the respiratory tract and that they may also invade the central nervous system inducing neurological diseases. The infection of SARS-CoV has been reported in the brains from both patients and experimental animals, where the brainstem was heavily infected.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1002/jmv.25728

Someone in our NYC office was potentially exposed to coronavirus. Our NYC has now been shut down indefinitely.

Our offices Tokyo and NYC are both down now. Wondering which office will be next to shut down. My money is on Singapore.

We had like 1/2 a dozen people from our Denver office in the NYC office this week. Also wondering why we are OK with those employees coming back to the Denver office.

Edit- my boss just told me he's not waiting for HR to shut down our office. He's going to WFH indefinitely as well and told me to tell my team they are welcome to do the same.

^ My company implemented a mandatory work from home self-quarantine for those returning from travel. It's only two weeks but better than nothing.

I returned from Tokyo on Feb 21st and have been in forced quarantine at home since that time. I'm supposed to go back to the office on Monday but I'm expecting they will migrate everyone to WFH by the end of the week. Enjoying being home.

Edit: I may gain 500 lbs being home though. I eat out of boredom.
    Last edited by huckbucket; 03-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Possible nice side effect of this: fuddy-duddy, old skool companies realize that permanent WfH actually *can* work in a lot of instances.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Had dinner in Arizona today with a lady who works at a state park visitor center. She said someone came in who said she had spent a day last week with her mom at THE nursing home in Kirkland. You can run but you can't hide.
    I cannot believe that one little nursing home in Kirkland Washington has had such far reaching effects. Must be a heck of a nursing home.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

He can also order that TP only be sold to those who need it. Spread your cheeks at the check out, if your ass is dirty you get to buy a roll. I guess we'll all be saving our grocery receipts.

I do find it disturbing that the thing that people cannot live without is toilet paper. How did people get by before 1857? (I just googled it.) It does explain why the Scots wear kilts and no underwear.

the whole TP thing is mind boggling.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My company has greatly restricted work travel, banned attendance of any conferences, etc., needs high management approval for project meeting outside of daily commute, etc.

My company is encouraging travel to affected areas for all older workers. They said it will reduce severance costs and allow them to hire younger and cheaper replacements who have some viral immunity after this is all over with.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My company is encouraging travel to affected areas for all older workers. They said it will reduce severance costs and allow them to hire younger and cheaper replacements who have some viral immunity after this is all over with.
    Now that’s business continuity.

Out with the old, in with the flu

Corvus is already a nice smashing of coronavirus.

I work in the service industry. The only people who can really work from home are IT and senior management. Not sure how that plays out, here.
    focus.

Amazing stuff.

We have cases in my state. Guidance from the bosses is to wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    As TP? The stuff’s better than 6-ply. And the crust.....
    No, for actual eating. Seems like it would be crusty for use as TP.

2 more dead in the US
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Seems like this epidemic would tie in nicely with the bathroom slaying thread.