Page 363 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 41810
    I kind of see Trump’s mouth as a butt ventilator...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it. Butt ventilators are in really short supply.
    R u sure?

Lots of smoke being blown up our asses lately
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Local FB page blowing up with announcement of first case in town. Small town AK, 2000 people. Patient Zero made post saying he flew in from Lower 48 and immediately self isolated and became sick (or was sick already?) 9 Days later of isolation he just got test results back positive.

Then a bit later another person called him out and said he actually had come into the small grocery store (only grocery store in town) to get supplies. She was the cashier and now she is sick. Now people arguing on FB about her 'calling him out rudely' vs 'just trying to get the word out.' Now people trying to find out what time he was there... yikes...

See how many pop up in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Took my dog for a lunch walk today and saw the exact same thing in the park a couple blocks from our house. Late model SUVs and wagons that affluent parents bought for their high schoolers, parked like that with one female teenager per car. I'm sure there is some app that kids post on that I don't know about and this is the new thing...and really, I'm okay with it.
    We are allowing our 17 y/o daughter to do this exact activity a couple times a week with her friends. I think it is helping her emotional state significantly, and our ability to get along as a family.

Her SUV is older than she is and we aren't exactly what I would call affluent, but it is a good thing IMHO.

The App is most likely TikTok or Snapchat.

Second Eagle Co death. Guy in his 40's. I have one degree of separation from both. Hope that is as close as it comes.

Kevin Bacon man. Kevin Fucking Bacon

And just like that first two cases in the Denver homeless
    Shelter. Buckle up boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Yeah I did read that one thanks - it’s very interesting.

With regards to stomach/colon symptoms - it stands to reason that on a population scale the patients with both lung and digestive system symptoms are going to do worse than those with just lung symptoms - ie it’s going to be harder to fight off your raging lung infection if you are also battling diarrhea and dehydration/kidney issues, and messed up food digestion at the same time. That makes sense right?

What I don’t think we know is, on a population scale, what the outcomes are for patients who get a lung infection versus a purely gastrointestinal system infection (without virus into their lung cavities) - this would be from ingesting the virus instead of breathing it in (I’m making some assumptions and generalizations here but it’s the padded room so humor me).

If someone (Say a 60 year old with bad lung disease) could swallow covid without it getting into their lungs (a covid capsule) and induce a purely digestive system infection could that be a better (but still rough couple weeks) then risking a lung infection through community spread

I’m going to butt chug some covid. Step aside Dr Marshall - it’s my turn for a Nobel prize!

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    No it is not, direct deposit or mailed check. Plus 500 per kiddo for married couples or singles that are the head of household with kids. Distributed sometime in April

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What if you remain unemployed, and don’t have any income to report for 2020?
    I’ll ask my wife.
    according to this article https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/82222...cks-are-coming
    The IRS is distributing the checks. If they have direct deposit info on you you'll get it in a few weeks. If they don't they'll mail you a check but it could take a few months. If you don't make any money you still need to file a return to get a check. It doesn't say anything about the money being a loan or an advance on your 2020 refund--sounds to me like it's a straight cash grant, no strings attached.. I heard on PBS that the money is not taxable. I haven't heard anything about what happens if you still owe for 2019. I would guess that they will write you the same check as everyone else and then in July when 2019 taxes are due you would write the same check you were going to write before they passed the bill.

The relief for small business is a loan, but if the business keeps the employees on the payroll the loan is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

With regards to stomach/colon symptoms - it stands to reason that on a population scale the patients with both lung and digestive system symptoms are going to do worse than those with just lung symptoms - ie it’s going to be harder to fight off your raging lung infection if you are also battling diarrhea and dehydration/kidney issues, and messed up food digestion at the same time. That makes sense right?

What I don’t think we know is, on a population scale, what the outcomes are for patients who get a lung infection versus a purely gastrointestinal system infection (without virus into their lung cavities) - this would be from ingesting the virus instead of breathing it in (I’m making some assumptions and generalizations here but it’s the padded room so humor me).

If someone (Say a 60 year old with bad lung disease) could swallow covid without it getting into their lungs (a covid capsule) and induce a purely digestive system infection could that be a better (but still rough couple weeks) then risking a lung infection through community spread

I’m going to butt chug some covid. Step aside Dr Marshall - it’s my turn for a Nobel prize!
    mofro already addressed this earlier.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

@bennymac: Yeah well let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Oh shit sorry will look back. Thanks

What I don't think we know is pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Homeless are going to have a rough night.
    My favorite homeless guy, who is of the perplexing but real brand of homeless where they could probably get housing but prefer to be outdoors, gets on a bus out of town in the fall, then comes back in the spring.
    He came back early this year, and it’s still cold here (20s to 40s), and the warm places are scarce and now the greyhound-equivalent is shut down if he wanted to gtfo. I saw him today as I rode to work and said hi without stopping....then battled with a lot of “what do I do, he’s gonna die out here, should I bring him home?” versus “you can’t bring this guy home to your wife, plus maybe we have it, with our jobs, and if he gets this from us he’s dead...he’s dead anyway...ugh dead people walking

there are so many people I deal with at my job who are barely barely hanging on..coworkers and clients....it reminds me of looking at those vast dry utah fields of cheatgrass, just waiting for a spark, if this gets momentum here (it hasn’t yet) it’s just going to go blowing through them like nothing.
    I see them and my mind strains to find some way to interact profoundly, with some subtle sensitivity like it’s our last meeting, but I am blank, and any attempt would be indescribably awkward and wholly unwelcome. Have a good one! Ok see you later.
    As the monsoon clouds grow over the hills, and darken, and begin to build charge. Rumbles. Far off rumbles of dry thunder in the next valley. Standing in the cheatgrass, watching the lightning clouds grow darker, feeling the downdrafts..hoping I’m something less flammable, but not as sure as I’d like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    according to this article https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/82222...cks-are-coming
    The IRS is distributing the checks. If they have direct deposit info on you you'll get it in a few weeks. If they don't they'll mail you a check but it could take a few months. If you don't make any money you still need to file a return to get a check. It doesn't say anything about the money being a loan or an advance on your 2020 refund--sounds to me like it's a straight cash grant, no strings attached.. I heard on PBS that the money is not taxable. I haven't heard anything about what happens if you still owe for 2019. I would guess that they will write you the same check as everyone else and then in July when 2019 taxes are due you would write the same check you were going to write before they passed the bill.

The relief for small business is a loan, but if the business keeps the employees on the payroll the loan is forgiven.
    If you haven't filed yet they will use your 2018 AGI and direct deposit info. Looks to me like a straight cash payout as well but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    His last posted paragraph:

“Digestive symptoms were also tied to worse outcomes including higher mortality risk. Patients with GI issues had a longer time between symptom onset and hospital admission, compared to their peers without these symptoms. Meanwhile, those without digestive symptoms were more likely to be cured and discharged than the cohort with gastrointestinal issues (60% versus 34%)“

is what I’m getting at when I postulate (again in the padded room of a ski forum so go easy ) is that yeah those with gi symptoms are gonna do worse if they *also* have pneumonia - that is two vital systems of your body fighting the virus. What’s not clear (to me) is if the people who -only- have a gi infection do worse - that does not make sense as most people that are going to icu and/or dying are from respiratory failure - not diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Standing in the cheatgrass, watching the lightning clouds grow...hoping I’m something less flammable, but not as sure as I’d like to be.
    I was really feeling something bad gathering about 2 weeks ago but the feeling has died down. No idea why. But I watched the Eric Pollard edit a couple days ago and The only song in it is Seger's "Night Moves" and the lyric, "I awoke last night to the sound of thunder, How far off I sat and wondered" has been running though my head on a loop. Danger in the distance. Where will it go?

"Drawn From Here": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi6tEpLsD5M&t=1053s

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    On the twitter feed #ccpvirus there is video of a man being forcefully throw out of a hospital. The narration says it’s because the man thought he was positive and wanted to be tested. They tossed him out because ccp wants to stay at zero cases. I didn’t say anything about it because I wasn’t sure of the source. Would be good to know the answer. Get Thaelia on it. (37% sarcasm)

Yetiman I wish you well. If I were you I’d either wear a scarf around my face or find a new job or go without. Factories will be hiring. Could still get it there but better than a busload of people daily. And more to your thought. Can’t save them all from our shoes. Nurses and doctors and the front line can all try. We’re just ski bums. I’ve explained it to so many non tgr peeps I feel like I should just have a cut and paste doc. So many hanging out at the grocery and park and not wiping food down etc.

One of the articles I read today had a line from a hospital admin:
    “I hope I’m over reacting”

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I'm not saying it's not real, but when I look at that website all of the 'it's not real' alarms are going off.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    My favorite homeless guy, who is of the perplexing but real brand of homeless where they could probably get housing but prefer to be outdoors, gets on a bus out of town in the fall, then comes back in the spring.
    He came back early this year, and it’s still cold here (20s to 40s), and the warm places are scarce and now the greyhound-equivalent is shut down if he wanted to gtfo. I saw him today as I rode to work and said hi without stopping....then battled with a lot of “what do I do, he’s gonna die out here, should I bring him home?” versus “you can’t bring this guy home to your wife, plus maybe we have it, with our jobs, and if he gets this from us he’s dead...he’s dead anyway...ugh dead people walking

there are so many people I deal with at my job who are barely barely hanging on..coworkers and clients....it reminds me of looking at those vast dry utah fields of cheatgrass, just waiting for a spark, if this gets momentum here (it hasn’t yet) it’s just going to go blowing through them like nothing.
    I see them and my mind strains to find some way to interact profoundly, with some subtle sensitivity like it’s our last meeting, but I am blank, and any attempt would be indescribably awkward and wholly unwelcome. Have a good one! Ok see you later.
    As the monsoon clouds grow over the hills, and darken, and begin to build charge. Rumbles. Far off rumbles of dry thunder in the next valley. Standing in the cheatgrass, watching the lightning clouds grow darker, feeling the downdrafts..hoping I’m something less flammable, but not as sure as I’d like to be.
    I encourage you to write for a wider audience. You have a gift for bringing words to life

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    This. Saw them about once a week when we ran/biked the panhandle, Presidio, etc. in the 90's.
    True. There are plenty in my sf neighborhood. This guy doesn’t seem to mind cars regardless. Here he is a few weeks back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9739.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	322614

(again in the padded room of a ski forum so go easy ) is that yeah those with gi symptoms are gonna do worse if they *also* have pneumonia - that is two vital systems of your body fighting the virus. What’s not clear (to me) is if the people who -only- have a gi infection do worse - that does not make sense as most people that are going to icu and/or dying are from respiratory failure - not.diarrhea
    In the spirit of your quest I'll offer my recollection of a bit of data I read someplace: researchers in Hubei checked the air for virus in a hospital or COVID ward or some such thing. They didn't find any in the air around the patients' beds, but they did find it near the toilets.

Maybe the moisture from coughing and breathing drops it to the ground more effectively? Maybe there's just more viral load in the bowels?

All I know for sure is: now is not the time to be smelling farts on the skin track.