Page 343 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This thread was way more fun when we were cracking jokes and laughing into the face of death
    people are being faced w there own mortality and its alot for most to handle like way too much
    When you realize your life doesn't add up to shit and you die its eating away at people
    there was a girl on tinder last nite looking for a hook up I passed easy sex but even two rubbers and a face mask made me uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    people are being faced w there own mortality and its alot for most to handle like way too much
    When you realize your life doesn't add up to shit and you die its eating away at people
    there was a girl on tinder last nite looking for a hook up I passed easy sex but even two rubbers and a face mask made me uncomfortable
    Anyone who enjoys recreating in the mountains as much as many on here do should be confronting their own mortality every single time they step into the mountains. If you aren't, you're deluding yourself and doing a disservice to those who love you. It's something I consciously do before each and every outing.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Anyone who enjoys recreating in the mountains as much as many on here do should be confronting their own mortality every single time they step into the mountains. If you aren't, you're deluding yourself and doing a disservice to those who love you. It's something I consciously do before each and every outing.
    There is a big difference between waking up and taking a risk versus having a dr tell you that your dying and will die the room gets really small you start to lose your mind two very different things

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    There is a big difference between waking up and taking a risk versus having a dr tell you that your dying and will die the room gets really small you start to lose your mind two very different things
    thats just your usual brobrah bullshitting.

isn't one of those voluntary?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    No one in US leadership is ahead of the curve.

Bullshit to the argument that this is on a scale we've never seen before. We modeled it. We calculated the probability that it might happen. If you prepared for another Spanish flu, then you woulda knocked this shit out of the park.

This fucking sucks and being on the back foot was so avoidable.
    Mother fuckers ...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285

Right before the President was sworn in members of the new Admin table topped an exercise of a Pandemic.

Reports are they either were not interested or downplayed the possibility/severity and to make matters worse, most who were involved are no longer working in the current admin due to the high rate of turnover.

By NAHAL TOOSI, DANIEL LIPPMAN and DAN DIAMOND

03/16/2020 06:48 PM EDT

Updated: 03/16/2020 07:45 PM EDT

Seven days before Donald Trump took office, his aides faced a major test: the rapid, global spread of a dangerous virus in cities like London and Seoul, one serious enough that some countries were imposing travel bans.

In a sober briefing, Trump’s incoming team learned that the disease was an emerging pandemic — a strain of novel influenza known as H9N2 — and that health systems were crashing in Asia, overwhelmed by the demand.

Advertisement

“Health officials warn that this could become the worst influenza pandemic since 1918,” Trump’s aides were told. Soon, they heard cases were popping up in California and Texas.

The briefing was intended to hammer home a new, terrifying reality facing the Trump administration, and the incoming president’s responsibility to protect Americans amid a crisis. But unlike the coronavirus pandemic currently ravaging the globe, this 2017 crisis didn’t really happen — it was among a handful of scenarios presented to Trump’s top aides as part of a legally required transition exercise with members of the outgoing administration of Barack Obama.

And in the words of several attendees, the atmosphere was “weird” at best, chilly at worst.

POLITICO obtained documents from the meeting and spoke with more than a dozen attendees to help provide the most detailed reconstruction of the closed-door session yet. It was perhaps the most concrete and visible transition exercise that dealt with the possibility of pandemics, and top officials from both sides — whether they wanted to be there or not — were forced to confront a whole-of-government response to a crisis. The Trump team was told it could face specific challenges, such as shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials, and that having a coordinated, unified national response was “paramount” — warnings that seem eerily prescient given the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...andemic-132797
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    thats just your usual brobrah bullshitting.
    Yeah

Name:  IMG_6403.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  37.8 KB
    Snoop knows

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    1 say a bunch of bullshit.
    2 say something undeniably true
    3 attempt to gain authority by challenging experts to contradict

Deepak!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That’s a great article!

I know my wife and I are worried about getting sick. She actually hasn't vaped in days and I always have a slight dry cough, as I am allergic to my dog Gunther. So ya, popping vitamin C, gargling with Listerine and trying to avoid the world as much as possible. Having been blessed as a winner of the lottery of life, I would like another 20 years before going back to my prior state. I hope KQ is ok, as I haven't seen her post for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I hope KQ is ok, as I haven't seen her post for awhile.
    Thought about this earlier today. She was very active in this thread and then nothing for a while.

KQ was ahead of the curve on the dilemmas we're all going to face.

Didn't Timberridge make her cry and then she left? KQ, hope things are well with you, ignore us fools but we mean well.

The Atlantic's had some very good content lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    My whole family would prefer I was safely quarantined with them in France, staring out the window at all the snow they don't get to ski and driving each other crazy while eating huge amounts of cheese and cured meats...
    I think I'd prefer that too. Beats going to work every day wondering when I get the axe or the covfefe.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    The Atlantic's had some very good content lately.
    And all virus material is free for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Spoiler alert: masks. It's masks.
    I would say it's mainly the culture there, people in Japan follow orders and rules in a way that boggled my mind when I went there. They care about others. There was a sign on the train that said 'Please consider how loud you are typing' for christ sake. No one takes a phone call on a train where people are sitting. Ask them to wash hands, wear masks, and be considerate to help people not dying? no problem.

if there were no masks they would work around that problem.

I hope for the best but I think it's likely Japan is in worse shape than the outside world realizes. If bowing and masks do end up working then we should embrace their customs and discard ours as barbaric, and probably do that anyway.

In contrast to The Atlantic:

On Faux, this is what women are worried about - https://twitter.com/i/status/1243183907907883009

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I hope the best for Japan but I think it's likely Japan is in worse shape than the outside world realizes. If bowing and masks do end up working, though, then we should embrace their customs and discard ours as barbaric.
    Friends in Japan are cautiously optimistic but also wondering when the other shoe will drop ie resurgent cases. This goes for urban and rural

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I would say it's mainly the culture there, people in Japan follow orders and rules in a way that boggled my mind when I went there. They care about others. There was a sign on the train that said 'Please consider how loud you are typing' for christ sake. No one takes a phone call on a train where people are sitting. Ask them to wash hands, wear masks, and be considerate to help people not dying? no problem.

if there were no masks they would work around that problem.
    I agree with all that, but that being said, it's the masks. If you are not spreading the virus then other people are not catching it from you. Simple as that.

Of course if we had mountains of masks in this country on every corner half the people still wouldn't wear them anyways unless forced to, so once we have them, I say force them.

This is painting with a pretty broad brush, but I think Japanese culture also has strong cultural norms in favor of rule-following. As opposed to the whole American maverick "I'm gonna go play pickup basketball in the park" mentality.