Page 286 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Along those lines what’s the latest theories about transmission? Some people were talking about dogs being vectors, did that one hold water?
    I didn't think dogs were. But then I took my pup for a walk and everyone kept just walking up to pet him. He got a bleach dilution wipedown when we got home. Fucking people...

FDA approves rapid point of care test
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...t-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I didn't think dogs were. But then I took my pup for a walk and everyone kept just walking up to pet him. He got a bleach dilution wipedown when we got home. Fucking people...
    You got it to attract milfs, admit it. Good Boy!

Saw a flyer for a dance party with DJ at a pub in Wanaka, NZ today. Apparently our country's people are not alone in not believing it or giving a shit until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Saw a flyer for a dance party with DJ at a pub in Wanaka, NZ today. Apparently our country's people are not alone in not believing it or giving a shit until it's too late.
    Get in, grab the hottest one and some molly, get out, and get down!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FDA approves rapid point of care test
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...t-coronavirus/
    That is "Point of care" if you have access to one of Cepheid's machines at your point of care. But 5,000 Genexpert devices in the US now, somewhat low processing as I remember 2/4/16 samples at a time but that was a few yrs ago.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Along those lines what’s the latest theories about transmission? Some people were talking about dogs being vectors, did that one hold water?
    Taking it further...we're just getting into bug season up here in nwBC...got me thinkin'...what about mosquitos? Never heard of 'em being carries of cold/flu stuff in our part of the world,...but novel virus, just sayin'/ askin'?
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Taking it further...we're just getting into bug season up here in nwBC...got me thinkin'...what about mosquitos? Never heard of 'em being carries of cold/flu stuff,...but novel virus, just sayin'/ askin'?
    Ever heard of West Nile?

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea.../diseases.html

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Not in our neck of the woods. Comment edited to clarify.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 03-21-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hopefully it's a risk factor because they don't separate type 1 and type 2. Makes lots of sense if that's the case, because type 2 would surely have additional risk factors.

But don't know for sure and wife is type 1.
    well type 1 have a real need for insulin itsa mutherfucking chemical need

whereas type 2 just have high blood sugar from lifestyle

so is the type 2 problem high bloodsugar or the lifestyle that causes high bloodsugar ?

I am type 2 and IME change the life and the figures fall in line
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Not in our neck of the woods. Commented edited to clarify.
    Taking it further...we're just getting into bug season up here in nwBC...got me thinkin'...what about mosquitos? Never heard of 'em being carries of cold/flu stuff,...but novel virus, just sayin'/ askin'?
    Flaviviruses (dengue, zika, west nile,yellow fever, JEV, SLEV, etc) and Alphaviruses (Chikungunya, Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus, Western-EEV, Venezuelan EEV) and others are spread by the skeeters. Mostly tropical but spreading into temperate climates as temperatures change across latitudes, west nile, EEEV, SLEV known to be North of the border.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Looks like the 5 first hits are saying dogs are non carrier internally. Could carry externally. The article a weeknir two ago was talking about shit I think but I’ll just accept it as good news and forget it.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dog-c...b63c0231e42a4c

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well type 1 have a real need for insulin itsa mutherfucking chemical need

whereas type 2 just have high blood sugar from lifestyle

so is the type 2 problem high bloodsugar or the lifestyle that causes high bloodsugar ?

I am type 2 and IME change the life and the figures fall in line
    Post is invalid. Can you work in something about guns and healthcare in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Post is invalid. Can you work in something about guns and healthcare in the US?
    I think he did mention "the lifestyle that causes high bloodsugar".

I get that some ideas have merit to discuss at a population level but fall apart when on the ground level

But to anyone who says “don’t old or sick people die all the time?” like we should just let this run it’s course through the chronically ill and people over 60 (with huge overlap between these two groups) - yeah please go to your nearest ER and volunteer to be the death panel that tells the family members that 65 year old Doreen who quit smoking at 50 but is overweight - well she’s gonna die today because we don’t want the economy to suffer too much.

I’d suggest getting a few lawyers on retainer for when the lawsuits start flooding in. And no, the government is not going to be there to back you or the health care workers up for your decision - that’s on you.

This is a bed we’ve made as a society. We can talk tough on a population scale level. But if Doreen is your Mom the discussion takes a very different turn 100% of the time.

I was gona go off on an anti republican thing

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's actually a scary thought for the future of everyone.
    Figured you of all people would appreciate that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I get that some ideas have merit to discuss at a population level but fall apart when on the ground level

But to anyone who says “don’t old or sick people die all the time?” like we should just let this run it’s course through the chronically ill and people over 60 (with huge overlap between these two groups) - yeah please go to your nearest ER and volunteer to be the death panel that tells the family members that 65 year old Doreen who quit smoking at 50 but is overweight - well she’s gonna die today because we don’t want the economy to suffer too much.

I’d suggest getting a few lawyers on retainer for when the lawsuits start flooding in.

This is a bed we’ve made as a society. We can talk tough on a population scale level. But if Doreen is your Mom the discussion takes a very different turn 100% of the time.
    yeah but thats cruel isnt it ?

by the same token I could just say "well its only Americans killing each other with thw 280million guns, the poor lifestyle and healthcare they can't afford "

but its not very nice

All .... most .... there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6.17.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	548.4 KB 
ID:	321496

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6.17.53 PM.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	477.2 KB 
ID:	321497

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I think he did mention "the lifestyle that causes high bloodsugar".
    and type 2 is pretty much from eating too much ... eat less move more

wouldn’t get too hung up on the assumption that its only old people gonna die from this. early days yet but US numbers have younger people making up a surprising number of covid hospitalizations, anywhere from 20-50%, reading/listening to experts shows no concrete theories as to why the rate is so much worse than China

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah but thats cruel isnt it ?

by the same token I could just say "well its only Americans killing each other with thw 280million guns, the poor lifestyle and healthcare they can't afford "

but its not very nice
    to be clear I’m not advocating we let the old and/or chronically ill just die so we can keep the economy propped up. I’m just asking people who are suggesting that to consider what that actually looks like on the ground level - especially what it looks like when it’s you or your loved one that’s the patient - people’s tough talk falls apart in that moment

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    wouldn’t get too hung up on the assumption that its only old people gonna die from this. early days yet but US numbers have younger people making up a surprising number of covid hospitalizations, anywhere from 20-50%, reading/listening to experts shows no concrete theories as to why the rate is so much worse than China
    Could it be that the Chinese have **some sort of immunity** to regular Corona virus from eating fucking everything?? Or even spending time in wet markets??

I understand it’s a novel virus, just spit ballin’

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    1% of deaths worldwide are under 20 years old.

I also have been hearing about younger people getting Covid , should we consider it could be mutating or changing or ... ?

yup, My parents are both gone so if we just leave the old to die ... thats just me !