Page 158 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Plake doesn't seem to be doing a tour this year.
    Like baleen, I can see that hair trapping all sorts of viruses from the air.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Are they 2 for $5?
    Yes, it’s like they’re taunting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Like baleen, I can see that hair trapping all sorts of viruses from the air.
    But Jack Farless sent out an email saying the virus can’t survive on Glen’s mohawk for longer than 8 minutes.

And that this one simple trick will keep your elderly loved ones safe during this outbreak.
    I still call it The Jake.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1238465979321069569

Absolutely insane. This is beyond epoch times and a large part of our older population gets their daily information from this garbage pile.

Could someone explain to me why everyone is losing it over these test kits... it’s a test not a cure. They test for aids all the time, still doesn’t cure it. I’d hedge my bet at this point that it’s like see something say something. feel something? Stay the fuck home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolsanaro tests positive. Anyone taking bets on Trump's chances?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1238470643093573633

Nice article about why Sacramento is not quarantining contacts but only actual cases.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/he...241095906.html

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Absolutely insane. This is beyond epoch times and a large part of our older population gets their daily information from this garbage pile.
    Someone who gets their news from Twitter making fun of people who get their news from Fox. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Damn. One of the positive cases in Gunnison County made a Facebook video describing her symptoms, etc. Healthy, active, not that old (50)
    https://www.facebook.com/lmerck1/pos...21270295523909

She got it while travelling in Hawaii between 2/2 and 2/19 and was just diagnosed 3/11. That is a long ass time to spread it around. Shit does not sound fun, even if her case is probably considered "mild".
    There's something a little hinky about that, I'm not making any conclusions, but she said she went to the ER and they diagnosed her with viral pneumonia and they put her on Doxycycline 100mg x 7 days. That makes no sense that I can see. Doxycycline is an antibiotic, not an antiviral.

I cannot believe the shit I'm hearing in my office right now. We are so fucked. Going to be a lot of people eating their words.

Hugs all around.

Bolsanaro tests positive. Anyone taking bets on Trump's chances?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1238470643093573633
    He's been exposed to multiple people over extended periods. It would be remarkable if he does not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Someone who gets their news from Twitter making fun of people who get their news from Fox. Hilarious.
    It's a link. If I post the clip direct from faux news will it make it more legit? Help me out here..

And a large part of our older generation gets their info from MSNBC telling them it's Russia! Russia! all the time. Same demographic, age wise.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I cannot believe the shit I'm hearing in my office right now. We are so fucked. Going to be a lot of people eating their words.

Hugs all around.
    Um, no, no thanks, no hugs, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Could someone explain to me why everyone is losing it over these test kits... it’s a test not a cure. They test for aids all the time, still doesn’t cure it. I’d hedge my bet at this point that it’s like see something say something. feel something? Stay the fuck home.

The way China and S Korea have started to successfully contain this thing is by testing anyone and everyone that has a sniffle or a temperature and locking them up in quarantine.

The way Italy has bobbled this thing is by only testing those with severe symptoms and telling everyone else to stay away. Now Italy has a major problem.

In the US, our red tape has caused us to fall into the Italy model. Which is fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um, no, no thanks, no hugs, ok?
    I'm being completely serious. A coworker just said that she, her husband and her children got together with a big group of friends last night for "ice cream and hugs" because they all found the requested social distancing to be so troubling. They're just "social people" and they feel "totally safe." Oh, and her husband has flown to and attended two conferences in California in the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The way China and S Korea have started to successfully contain this thing is by testing anyone and everyone that has a sniffle or a temperature and locking them up in quarantine.

The way Italy has bobbled this thing is by only testing those with severe symptoms and telling everyone else to stay away. Now Italy has a major problem.

In the US, our red tape has caused us to fall into the Italy model. Which is fucked.

Right. So why do we need the tests. To make you fuzzy feeling that you have it? China and South Korea got better because they tested people and then just quarantined the entire country. Quit wasting money on the tests that tell us zero more then we already know... it’s here. We already know that. Quit spending money on tests and inject the money into researching a cure. That’s a proactive solution. Testing is a reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Twitter is a platform; Fox is an outlet or agency.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Right. So why do we need the tests. To make you fuzzy feeling that you have it? China and South Korea got better because they tested people and then just quarantined the entire country. Quit wasting money on the tests that tell us zero more then we already know... it’s here. We already know that. Quit spending money on tests and inject the money into researching a cure. That’s a proactive solution. Testing is a reactive.

So much wrong here.

Vaccines are already developed. They are in testing for approval as we speak.

The proactive solution is to contain the spread. Test everyone with a temperature and quarantine them.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's something a little hinky about that, I'm not making any conclusions, but she said she went to the ER and they diagnosed her with viral pneumonia and they put her on Doxycycline 100mg x 7 days. That makes no sense that I can see. Doxycycline is an antibiotic, not an antiviral.
    Secondary infection maybe? I don't know, not a doctor, just a TGR dentist like the rest of you.

So much wrong here.

The proactive solution is to contain the spread. Test everyone with a temperature and quarantine them.

Ya, no. That’s exactly what I said. Stop wasting money testing and straight up drop the iron curtain. Quarantine just like China and South Korea. They had to test to know what they were fighting. We already know what we are fighting thanks to their testing. All this testing is redundant. I could understand there being a shortage of the vaccine. But a test isn’t a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm being completely serious. A coworker just said that she, her husband and her children got together with a big group of friends last night for "ice cream and hugs" because they all found the requested social distancing to be so troubling. They're just "social people" and they feel "totally safe." Oh, and her husband has flown to and attended two conferences in California in the last two weeks.

Waiting for Dumps to come out and lock the country down for 3 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So much wrong here.

yeah. not so much. My understanding they are NOT testing for approval at this point. They are still testing to even see if the vaccines work. Then they have to test to see which works best and whether they are safe. They are still a LONG way from any sort of FDA testing for approval. Doubtful the virus will still be the same virus then as coronavirudae are known for mutating.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Secondary infection maybe? I don't know, not a doctor, just a TGR dentist like the rest of you.
    yeah I dunno, just seemed odd.

so what about jury duty?? seems like i shouldn't go.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.