Page 374 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Not to be chicken little, but is anyone else concerned about food shortages as factories, manufacturers, farms, bakeries, meat processing plants, and all other parts of the supply chain get disrupted?
    Someone has to make everything in the stores...
    Still being made because that stuff is classified as necessary....so a factory could be downsized because some products are deemed unnecessary..But still remain open for needed items to be made...same with food factories...maybe no candy in stores eventually..But still the meat and potatoes and veggies and breads.. No plans in this area to skip spring planting
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Manhattan Beach surfer issued $1,000 citation for violating beach closure order, disrespecting lifeguard.

https://easyreadernews.com/manhattan...ing-lifeguard/

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Manhattan Beach surfer issued $1,000 citation for violating beach closure order, disrespecting lifeguard.

Maybe a night in virus rich jail would shut him up.

Not to be chicken little, but is anyone else concerned about food shortages as factories, manufacturers, farms, bakeries, meat processing plants, and all other parts of the supply chain get disrupted?
    You’ve read it here. All those people lining up at the stores to stock up are the problem. Food magically appears every night. No need for concern.

Seemed like there was a light at the end of tunnel in spain and italy but that turned out to be a train.
    NYC paramedics are getting crushed, they set call volume records 4 times in the last week, one day had 7,000 calls, more than 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Fucking Obama..

More seriously how can the govt not write effective contracts.
    What would you have done to enforce the contract? (BTW, did you read the actual contract and settlement?)

And, do you think POTUS is supposed to micromanage that kind of shit?

If so, apply the same logic to Mr. I Don’t Take Responsibility currently in office and see where that takes you...

I wonder how SEC Football fans are going to get their fill come fall?

Cautionary tale: https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.c...oronavirus.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post

That's just lack of common sense and power tripping by a 'wanna be life guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Absolutely. Except Coumo will pout and rant and rage and threaten to sue you.
    I'll take "People Who Don't Get It" for a thousand please Alex.

Chinese Rat Flu

I think there will be a second round of panic when the results start coming in. I just took the family to DefCon3 after seeing all the orthodox Jewish people walking to temple last night. The little kids out playing together.

People are clueless.

Don’t forget to re provision TP if U find it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes.

But I'm a little more concerned about the breakdown of social order as "first responders" get ill at the same time they are emptying the jails. And, then yeah, food shortages on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I think there will be a second round of panic when the results start coming in. I just took the family to DefCon3 after seeing all the orthodox Jewish people walking to temple last night. The little kids out playing together.

People are clueless.

Don’t forget to re provision TP if U find it.

Cal is all bag your own now. Safeway sent out notice to retired and former employees offering $2 an hour raise.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'll take "People Who Don't Get It" for a thousand please Alex.
    Except I do get it.

Stopping the spread is what it is all about. Wearing masks, gloves and good hygiene.
    No mask, no entry - good. You also need to stop the far spread. China shut down Hubie province. Italy and France have shut down entire countries.
    I agree, Trump thinking out load sounds stupid.
    The idea is not. "A strong travel advisory" is BS.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Except I do get it.

Stopping the spread is what it is all about. Wearing masks, gloves and good hygiene.
    No mask, no entry - good. You also need to stop the far spread. China shut down Hubie province. Italy and France have shut down entire countries.
    I agree, Trump thinking out load sounds stupid.
    The idea is not. "A strong travel advisory" is BS.
    Yeah, that’s the only part of Bill Gates interview I didn’t get. He wants a country wide lockdown but no travel restrictions? If we’re going to praise the Chinese, then we should be limiting travel, in all states!

I’m told in Chile, there are restrictions in Santiago.

Chinese Rat Flu

What the fuck is the difference if we ban travel when we’re already locked up in our houses?

Anyway, its too late anyway. We need a nation wide lockdown/travel ban now, cause New Yorkers were so special those that could have already fled.

Last edited by Cono Este; 03-29-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

These guys are considerably more optimistic They assume all states implement effective strong social distancing measures in the next week, and estimate 80k deaths by August (with some hospital overwhelmage).
    Currently predicting peak death rate 15 days out would imply we were at peak transmission 5 days ago (on average), right?

Seems like a more granular view might be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I wonder how SEC Football fans are going to get their fill come fall?

Cautionary tale: https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.c...oronavirus.amp
    They will have to use the jockstraps that they sniff as full time face masks

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I think there will be a second round of panic when the results start coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yes.

But I'm a little more concerned about the breakdown of social order as "first responders" get ill at the same time they are emptying the jails. And, then yeah, food shortages on top of that.
    Been considering this since the get go...my question is...what will the leading indicators be? For example, there was a five day lag time between the first reports of toilet paper being hoarded in big cities in the states to reports of runs on teepee here locally in small town bc canada.

I have a personal escape plan to an isolated fishing village off the west coast that will have a reliable supply of ocean and land based proteins and a climate that is conducive to growing stuff in a greeenhouse. Sure as fawk hope it doesn't get to that point...the cats don't road trip all that well...but...just in case, provisions have been prepared and the step by step plan is ready. My better half is on board with the program.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Been considering this since the get go...my question is...what will the leading indicators be? For example, there was a five day lag time between the first reports of toilet paper being hoarded in big cities in the states to reports of runs on teepee here locally in small town bc canada.

I have a personal escape plan to an isolated fishing village off the west coast that will have a reliable supply of ocean and land based proteins and a climate that is conducive to growing stuff in a greeenhouse. Sure as fawk hope it doesn't get to that point...the cats don't road trip all that well...but...just in case, provisions have been prepared and the step by step plan is ready. My better half is on board with the program.
    If it does get that bad...you may find the village quite crowded when you arrive

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You’ve read it here. All those people lining up at the stores to stock up are the problem. Food magically appears every night. No need for concern.
    Not really. I haven't had any fresh veggies in a few days now because most of what's available after the senior hours is garbage. Frozen has been mostly sold out for a week now and when I looked on Thursday afternoon at the biggest supermarket in the area there wasn't a single package of frozen veggies in the store. I tried waiting in line the other day, got there at 6am as the senior hours were starting and the line was out to the end of the parking lot filled with people waiting for senior hours to end. The people getting there at 6am don't get in until after 9 and by then there's nothing important left.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Not really. I haven't had any fresh veggies in a few days now because most of what's available after the senior hours is garbage. Frozen has been mostly sold out for a week now and when I looked on Thursday afternoon at the biggest supermarket in the area there wasn't a single package of frozen veggies in the store. I tried waiting in line the other day, got there at 6am as the senior hours were starting and the line was out to the end of the parking lot filled with people waiting for senior hours to end. The people getting there at 6am don't get in until after 9 and by then there's nothing important left.
    Was this Saturday? Which store?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    If it does get that bad...you may find the village quite crowded when you arrive
    and you better hope you don’t need medical care when you get there.

YES

Given the delay of the virus between cities and rural, coupled with the lower rates of transmission where social distancing is natural; cities are going to get double fucked.

When the guys that let America survive get on the stay at home plan we're all fucked.

Plant your garden and hunker down.

If any of this shit is true, then when we start peaking, people will go full retard. Let’s just say, it might have been a good week to dump your stocks.

A week ago I was still telling people “no”. No I’m going to go to dinner with a friend etc. now those people are cracking. People will continue to crack.

It’s just the beginning.