Page 298 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 41810

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yet some numb nuts are still saying masks hurt more than they help and that only sick people or medical staff should be wearing masks. At worst a mask can be completely ineffective. At best it could save your bacon. I get that there's a risk that people will hoard masks and then the people who really need them won't have them (which IS already happening), but that doesn't warrant spreading false information.
    Hey numb nuts, you’re fucking wrong. Few people if any in gen pop know how to wear a n95 in a way that would protect them in any significant way. They are just wasting supplies where they are needed. Full stop. If you have reason to believe you’re sick, stay the fuck inside. Wear whatever mask you can fashion out of your old jock straps if it’s necessary to go out but you really shouldn’t go out at all. Service people should cover their faces to keep from possible transmission.
    Last edited by mcski; 03-22-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Was that a Jethro Tull reference from XXXer? End times must be upon us.

Mask subject
    My understanding is the 95’s are machine intensive to make, surgical masks not.
    Clearly if true we should be drone dropping a box of surgical masks on every door step in the nation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77Kwh6f0TE
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well I read somewhere there were a lot of obese in the south somewhere > 20% but otherwise I just pulled that figure out of my ass
    See, that "south" thing is just unfair. Don't you go lumping Iowa, WV and Oklahoma into south. Actually, I think the correlation probably has more to do with % rural and education levels. Those just happen to tend to be high and low, respectively, in southern states.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yet some numb nuts are still saying masks hurt more than they help and that only sick people or medical staff should be wearing masks. At worst a mask can be completely ineffective. At best it could save your bacon. I get that there's a risk that people will hoard masks and then the people who really need them won't have them (which IS already happening), but that doesn't warrant spreading false information.
    But the hoarding is happening and medical staff/FDs/front line don't have the supply they need. The average Joe, who is not coughing sneezing and out in public, has a number of things they can do that are more important than wearing a mask to protect themselves and others. Until there is enough supply of N95s, "only sick people or medical staff should be wearing masks" is my stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You know just about everything there is to know about anything and you cannot work that out?
    Nice answer. Now, tell me how to get masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    See, that "south" thing is just unfair. Don't you go lumping Iowa, WV and Oklahoma into south. Actually, I think the correlation probably has more to do with % rural and education levels. Those just happen to tend to be high and low, respectively, in southern states.
    well to call them a bunch of dumb fucking country hicks might have been unkind ?

@Klauss: I agree on the N95's but disagree completely on general mask use. If we don't have a couple billion of them on order we're not smart.

Thanks xxx I probably would have wasted half an hour listening to Tull to figure that one out.

Local grocery had TP in stock today, quite a bit. 6 roll packs, the hippy shit not northern quilted, and people were being very orderly. 2 pack limit. Also lots of canned beans, 2 can limit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Hey numb nuts, you’re fucking wrong. Few people if any in gen pop know how to wear a n95 in a way that would protect them in any significant way. They are just wasting supplies where they are needed. Full stop. If you have reason to believe you’re sick, stay the fuck inside. Where whatever mask you Can fashion out of your old jock straps if it’s necessary to go out but you really shouldn’t go out at all. Service people should cover their faces to keep from possible transmission.

If you have data that the general public covering their airholes before going into a market or work would be counter productive, post it up.

y'no i just typed "overfed long" into my goggle and it gave me the you toobe

with goggle you don't need to be anything

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Cover your face with literally anything. A buff, for example.
    A doc friend just told me that CDC says

When masks run out

Doctors should wear bandanas

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"Prototype" mask made from T-shirts--dates to 2006.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/6/05-1468_article

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    A doc friend just told me that CDC says

When masks run out

Doctors should wear bandanas
    So don't let perfect be the enemy of good--but don't let almost worthless be the enemy of better, either.

We could flatten this thing a lot better (and somewhat cheaper) if they'd focus 1-2% of the effort on telling the general public what they should wear.

My ski hill closed Wednesday and I made my last (so far) stop at the store on the way home--wore my balaclava the whole time. Enjoyed the looks. Told myself there was some value in fighting the stigma. It was sort of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    About $9 from a chemical/mineral perspective or somewhere between 5 and 50 million based on the US' current reaction (Based on a very conservative 10T$ cost and the low and high 200k-2M predicted deaths).

The compounding factors are the emotional and financial stresses, increased risk to disease and the corresponding commitment to poor health the boomers are levying on the next generations.

Meanwhile, offering a morphine drip instead of a ventilator offers a myriad of societal benefits.
    Oh, did some boomer make you commit to poor health? Are you stressed emotionally? Can you show us on the virus doll where they touched you?
    My doctor tells me he sees 18 year olds all day who can't walk any further than the fridge. Maybe we should just take out everyone as dumb and disingenuous as you, those who play the cut and paste conservatard chameleon, certain that their narcissism places them above all others. We don't fuckin need their burden of worthlessness. Compassionately, however, we can offer them all a Diet Pepsi and a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Surgical masks are designed to keep shit in, that's why they wear them in surgery, to keep the doctors/nurses etc. who might be sick from making a vulnerable patient sick. If everyone wore them (or a reasonable facsimile) it would help keep the sick among us from infecting other people. This is dead simple stuff.

Surgical masks are not very effective at keeping you from getting sick, but if you are infected they are effective at keeping you from getting someone else sick. I bet they're not a dime apiece at mass production volumes, there's not much to them. I don't understand why this is not public policy.

Save the N95's for medical staff and first responders.
    It appears everyone in China got some masks. Too bad Make America Groan Again can't pull his head out of his ass and get some of the super simple shit done.

Speaking of cheeseburgers, there were 30 cars in line at the mcd’s when I drove by to the market a few days back. I shudder to think of an asymptomatic person with no bandana on their face coughing on hundreds of burgers and sending people off to their fate.

Speaking of cheeseburgers, there were 30 cars in line at the mcd’s when I drove by to the market a few days back. I shudder to think of an asymptomatic person with no bandana on their face coughing on hundreds of burgers and sending people off to their fate.
    It's kinda like the question of how Darby Crash died - was it the heroin or was it the Oki dog?

One more reason shit's gonna get way worse.

Here's your daily dose of fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.00.33 PM.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	306.0 KB 
ID:	321716

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.00.52 PM.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	831.9 KB 
ID:	321717

Another random thought.

Are we supposed to believe that our military doesn't have a strategic supply of PPE in preparation for a bio-attack? If not, wtf have they been spending our money on?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B99tZg9F...d=2wiu7ny586hz

My daughter works at McDonalds, she’s worked the drive through two days this week on an 8 hour shift. At least Friday they finally got gloves for them. She works 4-12 tonight, not real fond of the whole idea.

Washable, Reusable N95 Masks

They're out and awaiting shipments. But they work. Keep checking the website.
    These masks were developed for Burning Man's fine dust particles. I highly recommend getting the accessory strap that goes around the back of your head (not just ear loops) that tightens the mask snugly. Hopefully, they'll re-up soon.

https://www.vogmask.com/products/rainbows-vmcv

Yup, no sick leave at dirty rons. Ron has lobbyists. Sick or not you gots to show up for your $8

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    its not just eating crap its eating too much food so no portion control and they would have been doing this fo eva as an acepted lifestyle

so now this pandemic comes along out of nowhere, how will it affect the huge portions (20% in some states ?) of the population ( pun intended) that are obese ?

will they be affected like old people with health complications ????
    You would think the GOP would
    Be doing more to save their voter base.