Page 10 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Chinese Rat Flu

^ Like getting trapped up in LLC for a couple days powcation, but for fat people

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^ Like getting trapped up in LLC for a couple days powcation, but for fat people
    What a dilemma... "I'm trapped on a quarantined ship with the coronavirus... so I should eat healthy and avoid alcohol to promote immune health, so after breakfast I'll go the gym and turn in at a reasonable hour... oh wait, powder donut pancake buffet? Irish coffee is health yes? Being drunk and sick is better than being bored and healthy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The poor guy dragged onto a cruise by his wife that was hoping it was over.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

X

memevirus has high infectivity.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Maybe, but I’m still gonna take the advice just in case.

While I know airlines are dropping flights from China mainly because people are cancelling trips there and money is lost and not because airlines are trying to stop the spread, overall this move won’t do much to stop anything. They will instead fly to Moscow, Instanbul, etc. and then get to the states. I just flew to NYC from overseas going over the Atlantic and there were a TON of Chinese on the plane. I was surrounded by them, hope I don’t get sick too. I particularly liked the 18 year old who was doing the double-paper mask technique sitting next to me. Double the protection, double the fun! I made sure to fake cough when he switched to a new mask and was temp unprotected because, well, I’m a dick.
    If you flew from Europe it's very likely that the "Chinese" people (did you ask all the Asian appearing people) weren't in China for the epidemic. At least some of them were Americans. And the people with masks were protecting themselves from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I have plans to go to Spain at the end of this month. I not looking forward to being in the international travel system.
    You already are.

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Pays better than the scrap metal hustle
    but not as good as the shopping cart hustle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	795103E9-D9F3-473E-B5C3-B1DF75A127E4.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	313033

Either the people panicking or the people warning against panic are right. We'll find out.
    I do find it interesting that recent novel viruses like SARS and MERS (both coronaviruses) were relatively quickly contained, while influenza goes on and on. Probably has a lot to do with the mutability of the influenza virus, social attitudes to it (people don't take it seriously because they confuse it with the common cold), and factors we don't understand. Maybe Summit can tell us.

I wore mask at theater Tuesday. I've gotten sick from crowd and flying more than once.

Just say no

to mass gatherings
    watch out for snakes

Fuck. 2 suspected cases right next door in New Hampshire.

Are we worried yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Fuck. 2 suspected cases right next door in New Hampshire.

Are we worried yet?
    It’s jumped to cows?
    I still call it The Jake.

That's Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s jumped to cows?
    I'll blame the cow fuckers when it arrives here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you flew from Europe it's very likely that the "Chinese" people (did you ask all the Asian appearing people) weren't in China for the epidemic. At least some of them were Americans. And the people with masks were protecting themselves from you.
    It was Moscow and very few Chinese were in the US citizen line with me in JFK. And the Japanese wear masks in consideration of others when they are sick, not the Chinese, and yes I can visually tell the difference between the two. Without looking, culturally you can tell the difference easily, one is very polite and one just doesn't give a shit really. They even sit down differently on planes: the Japanese would nod and politely ask you to move and the Chinese pushes his/her way through before you have a chance to get up. And when you are in economy and 6' 2", in the middle seat, your legs will get crushed as they do it, ask me how I know. But to your point, they could have been from Korea I guess?

Quite a few people, white and ethnic, were wearing masks at JFK and Sheremetyevo, I saw a few entire families wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's Vermont.
    They all look alike.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

You already are.
    Not in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's Vermont.
    Cow Hampshire got cows too my man.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7409F23-D911-4F8D-A891-AFE33EB8A6B0.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	432.0 KB 
ID:	313052

There’s apparently a cruise ship in Italy with a suspected ill passenger- 6,000 people are now quarantined.

That sounds like a good time.
    Floating mattress.

There’s apparently a cruise ship in Italy with a suspected ill passenger- 6,000 people are now quarantined.

That sounds like a good time.
    Sounds like a few Med cruises I was on.
    watch out for snakes

My girlfriend flew from Toronto to London the other day. I asked about her flight and she told me the guy she was sitting beside was really nice but didn't want to talk much. He had a box of sanitizer wipes and he was wiping down his chair and everything around him. Offered her a pile and they cleaned their area.

A few hours after this conversation I realized maybe dude was paranoid about my gf - she's Korean and maybe dude thought she was Chinese and therefore (in his mind) a risk..

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    My girlfriend flew from Toronto to London the other day. I asked about her flight and she told me the guy she was sitting beside was really nice but didn't want to talk much. He had a box of sanitizer wipes and he was wiping down his chair and everything around him. Offered her a pile and they cleaned their area.

A few hours after this conversation I realized maybe dude was paranoid about my gf - she's Korean and maybe dude thought she was Chinese and therefore (in his mind) a risk..
    the story the virus can sit for 2 weeks before hitting is hitting some people's max freakout rate already.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    It was Moscow and very few Chinese were in the US citizen line with me in JFK. And the Japanese wear masks in consideration of others when they are sick, not the Chinese, and yes I can visually tell the difference between the two. Without looking, culturally you can tell the difference easily, one is very polite and one just doesn't give a shit really. They even sit down differently on planes: the Japanese would nod and politely ask you to move and the Chinese pushes his/her way through before you have a chance to get up. And when you are in economy and 6' 2", in the middle seat, your legs will get crushed as they do it, ask me how I know. But to your point, they could have been from Korea I guess?

Quite a few people, white and ethnic, were wearing masks at JFK and Sheremetyevo, I saw a few entire families wearing them.
    Do you suppose they can tell Americans from Candadians?