Page 461 of 796 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 19897
  1. #11501
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,109
    Where they gonna play? Who gonna come?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  2. #11502
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    11,492
    "Stay Calm and Invest in Fossil Fuels"

  3. #11503
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    On PBS tonight--interview with an EMT in a virus hot spot--I didn't catch where but all his runs are COVID. $37K a year . . . an no health insurance. The shit salary doesn't shock me. The lack of health insurance does. I thought I knew how fucked this country is. Guess I'm still naive.
    Yeah, particularly given that the cost of an ambulance ride is shockingly high (I know, I had one a few months ago; the ride in a CalFire Huey was free, the ambulance ride when we touched down was $WTF).

  4. #11504
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    16,403
    Went grocery shopping today and dutifully wore a mask. I'm don't sew and the rubber-band/bandanna thing didn't really work IMO so I wore one of my N95s that I use on the farm. Not very comfortable and quite strange to wear out in public. I'd guestimate that maybe 1 in 10 people were wearing masks. Some stores all the clerks wore them others none did. Social distancing was haphazard. Saw a lot of people wearing gloves but no mask.

    The sole exception once again was the cannabis stores which were militant about social distancing and wearing masks & gloves. Go figure.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  5. #11505
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,235
    Well, they are a bit paranoid...
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  6. #11506
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GRRD
    Posts
    1,876
    I have friend on FB who made dramatic announcement about how he had Covid. He had previously been skeptical of all of it and acknowledged the 'karma was a bitch' sort of thing. He was gonna drive out in the woods in his livable van and self isolate and all that.

    Heaps of people wishing prayers and healthy recovery etc.

    He had come by my house 3 days earlier and dropped off a remote for a big TV he had given me a week earlier.
    So I texted and asked if he really thought he had it. No response for 3 days. Then response that it was April fools joke.

    Meanwhile I had assumed I had it...

  7. #11507
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,431

  8. #11508
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I have friend on FB who made dramatic announcement about how he had Covid. He had previously been skeptical of all of it and acknowledged the 'karma was a bitch' sort of thing. He was gonna drive out in the woods in his livable van and self isolate and all that.

    Heaps of people wishing prayers and healthy recovery etc.

    He had come by my house 3 days earlier and dropped off a remote for a big TV he had given me a week earlier.
    So I texted and asked if he really thought he had it. No response for 3 days. Then response that it was April fools joke.

    Meanwhile I had assumed I had it...
    I assume your friend is now waiting outside ER with a broken jaw?

  9. #11509
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,277
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The sole exception once again was the cannabis stores which were militant about social distancing and wearing masks & gloves. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, they are a bit paranoid...
    Dispos recognize that many of their medical patrons have maladies that put them at higher risk than the general population.

    KQ - are WA dispos still pretty much open? Most of the ones here are phone in/pickup only due to difficulty with distancing
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  10. #11510
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GRRD
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I assume your friend is now waiting outside ER with a broken jaw?
    I read his post on last Thursday morning. The topper was that I literally woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lasted 3 days... assume it was regular head cold at this point.... or allergies... or Covid from another source...

  11. #11511
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,061

  12. #11512
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Dispos recognize that many of their medical patrons have maladies that put them at higher risk than the general population.

    KQ - are WA dispos still pretty much open? Most of the ones here are phone in/pickup only due to difficulty with distancing
    Answering your question for KQ: Yes, they were deemed essential facilities, same as grocery stores, C stores, and liquor stores. High taxes on that stuff (not food but everything else). Don't kill the golden goose kind of thing.

  13. #11513
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,277
    Sorry, I meant to ask whether the dispos were open to walk in traffic. They are deemed essential in OR too, problem is with maintaining distance, so virtually all in Central. OR at least are solely phone in/pick up
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  14. #11514
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,086
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Many people have their asses so economically penetrated by the triple headed black mamba without lube they won't be in any shape to spend any decent amount of $. The same goes for business. I'd say you're about right
    i been putting it off for years but the first thing I'm gona do is get our favorite ambulance chaser to write me up a will

    but $$$$$ aside I'm just not inclined to travel at this point, i think its too early to say
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  15. #11515
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,086
    Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I have friend on FB who made dramatic announcement about how he had Covid. He had previously been skeptical of all of it and acknowledged the 'karma was a bitch' sort of thing. He was gonna drive out in the woods in his livable van and self isolate and all that.

    Heaps of people wishing prayers and healthy recovery etc.

    He had come by my house 3 days earlier and dropped off a remote for a big TV he had given me a week earlier.
    So I texted and asked if he really thought he had it. No response for 3 days. Then response that it was April fools joke.

    Meanwhile I had assumed I had it...
    wwell it s AK so is buddy a republican or an idiot or both ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  16. #11516
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    683
    You can still walk into weed stores in Washington. Might have some plexi glass up as a barrier. In Washington, medical and recreational mj are combined, so no way the government could shut that down without a bunch of lawsuits. And the tax revenue is a plus.

  17. #11517
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    16,403
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Dispos recognize that many of their medical patrons have maladies that put them at higher risk than the general population.

    KQ - are WA dispos still pretty much open? Most of the ones here are phone in/pickup only due to difficulty with distancing
    Yes they are open but encourage online quick pick up ordering. I think the governor also relaxed the rules to allow for curbside.

    I've been surprised and pleased that the products I use have remained well stocked. Picked up some CBD/THC tinctures and gummies today.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  18. #11518
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    You can still walk into weed stores in Washington. the tax revenue is critical, besides medical and recreational mj are combined, so no way the government could shut that down without a bunch of lawsuits.
    FIFY123

  19. #11519
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That brief period of trying for herd immunity was a horrific idea and Iím sure is the cause of all the massive problems now.
    It seems like that is the case for the UK. Isnít Sweden taking that strategy?

  20. #11520
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I read his post on last Thursday morning. The topper was that I literally woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lasted 3 days... assume it was regular head cold at this point.... or allergies... or Covid from another source...
    Dick move by friend... very poor judgement.

    But it's weird, I've had your symptoms for over three weeks. Sore throat and headache, but they usually kick in around noon, then die off after dinner. They are not so bad anymore, but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Wondering if anyone else here is experiencing this.

    Oh, and ofc my Doctor said they would/could not give me a test.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  21. #11521
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,109

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  22. #11522
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,109

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  23. #11523
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    5,690
    @evdog - as far as travel restrictions - absolutely more could be done. Had a friend come back from a cruise in early March that had a confirmed case on board and didn't even get a question about exposure getting off the boat/on the plane etc.
    Plenty of barriers/filters could have been easily implemented and our numbers could have looked like South Korea.

  24. #11524
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,970
    I quit checking this thread so maybe this has been mentioned, but these numbers seem to look a lot better then the last time I looked (maybe 2-3 days ago?). Certain doom was being predicted for Alabama, and now predicting no bed shortage?
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

    Sorry to bring what may be deemed good news to this thread, I know you guys hate that.

  25. #11525
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    723
    Iíve got the same thing, it dies down during the day for me. I usually never have headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Dick move by friend... very poor judgement.

    But it's weird, I've had your symptoms for over three weeks. Sore throat and headache, but they usually kick in around noon, then die off after dinner. They are not so bad anymore, but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Wondering if anyone else here is experiencing this.

    Oh, and ofc my Doctor said they would/could not give me a test.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •