Page 16 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I spent 2 weeks in China once. I’ve lived in Africa, and Latin America and there is no comparison. The streets were modern but empty, the rivers welled with garbage, the sky was smoggy everywhere. The worst part was not the canine takeout in cages on the back of mopeds, but how they treated women. It was appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They also have the Pig Plague or whatever the fuck it is over there, killing all the pigs. They got some shit going on.
    I saw this article linked in a email newsletter this morning:

Chinese criminal gangs spreading African swine fever to force farmers to sell pigs cheaply so they can profit

Report by state media says some offenders are leaving infected feed in sties and are even using drones to spread contamination

Pork prices have spiked as a result of the disease and gangs can profit by getting around controls to smuggle meat across provincial boundaries

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...eid=d0dbc231d7

Or, Chinese state media blaming criminal gangs for high pork prices when its the result of govt policy. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I spent 2 weeks in China once. I’ve lived in Africa, and Latin America and there is no comparison. The streets were modern but empty, the rivers welled with garbage, the sky was smoggy everywhere. The worst part was not the canine takeout in cages on the back of mopeds, but how they treated women. It was appalling.
    I know a lot of Chinese women. Dozens as a matter of fact. Many have started and are successful in business here in the USA, also ("Chinese women make up 57% of the total number of self-made female billionaires"). I've never met a Chinese woman that gets pushed around. If anything Chinese women are pushy and demanding to a person. Way more than any other asian ethnicity or even caucasian women. Now, if it sounded like they were fighting or arguing all the time that is probably true.

Mao declared women 100% equal in every way and their labor laws are a model of feminism:

The Constitution of the People's Republic of China, which was enacted in 1954, stated that women and men should have equal rights. To promote gender equality, the Communist Party promoted the slogan "Women hold up half the sky" to illustrate the importance of women to China's economic success. The party and the government implemented policies ensuring equal pay for equal work and equal opportunity for men and women.

Chinese women, who make up 49 percent of the population and 46 percent of the labor force, have achieved a higher proportion in the top layers of management than women in many Western countries, said the report which mostly analyzed data on gender equality and women's leadership in the region.

"In China, gender equality embedded in communist ideology has mitigated the impact of Confucian patriarchy," it said.

Mao left behind gender parity as one of the good legacies of communism in China – unlike his 1966-1976 Cultural Revolution, in which millions were persecuted across the country – as he launched a campaign to get women to work outside the home.

The study said that in East Asia, "China leads in terms of women in senior management."

During China's economic reform period, communist values met the capitalist market system and a flexible business environment became the norm, it said.

"In this context, Chinese businesswomen thrive."

Important election in Taiwan. The Xi resistance love her (2x1 margin vote):

President Tsai Ing-wen declares victory in Taiwan election, opposition candidate concedes defeathttps://www.france24.com/en/20200111-taiwan-goes-to-polls-voters-factor-in-candidates-stance-china-beijing-hong-kong-taipei-tsai-han

The ones who didn't get thrown in a river as babies.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Name:  CBE848EA-5933-4B6C-92B8-1A1FF046F2C2.jpeg
Views: 514
Size:  51.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I know a lot of Chinese women. Dozens as a matter of fact. Many have started and are successful in business here in the USA, also ("Chinese women make up 57% of the total number of self-made female billionaires"). I've never met a Chinese woman that gets pushed around. If anything Chinese women are pushy and demanding to a person. Way more than any other asian ethnicity or even caucasian women. Now, if it sounded like they were fighting or arguing all the time that is probably true.

Mao declared women 100% equal in every way and their labor laws are a model of feminism:

The Constitution of the People's Republic of China, which was enacted in 1954, stated that women and men should have equal rights. To promote gender equality, the Communist Party promoted the slogan "Women hold up half the sky" to illustrate the importance of women to China's economic success. The party and the government implemented policies ensuring equal pay for equal work and equal opportunity for men and women.

Chinese women, who make up 49 percent of the population and 46 percent of the labor force, have achieved a higher proportion in the top layers of management than women in many Western countries, said the report which mostly analyzed data on gender equality and women's leadership in the region.

"In China, gender equality embedded in communist ideology has mitigated the impact of Confucian patriarchy," it said.

Mao left behind gender parity as one of the good legacies of communism in China – unlike his 1966-1976 Cultural Revolution, in which millions were persecuted across the country – as he launched a campaign to get women to work outside the home.

The study said that in East Asia, "China leads in terms of women in senior management."

During China's economic reform period, communist values met the capitalist market system and a flexible business environment became the norm, it said.

"In this context, Chinese businesswomen thrive."
    Did you give spook your login?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Not if you’re a peasant.

My beer ran dry and my “minder” slapped the waitress. Then he scolded the kareoke gal and I was ready to sock the guy. It got ugly.

The Chinese businessmen all whored harder than anything I’ve ever seen. Young, young gals. I heard the rural people send their young daughters into the city and basically sell them to into indentured servitude as waitresses.

Oh shit, this thread just got woke as fuck.

Those Chinese women sure do have it good.

Except for those in the concentration camps for worshiping at the altar of anything but the CCP.

Other than them, they've got it better than good.

Probably.
    I still call it The Jake.

I met a Chinese lady who is here on and visa looking to get married instead of going back. If interested send me a pm for details.

Local guy with the virus just got released from the hospital.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Not if you’re a peasant.

My beer ran dry and my “minder” slapped the waitress. Then he scolded the kareoke gal and I was ready to sock the guy. It got ugly.

The Chinese businessmen all whored harder than anything I’ve ever seen. Young, young gals. I heard the rural people send their young daughters into the city and basically sell them to into indentured servitude as waitresses.
    Truth. But the idea that Chinese women are subservient and oppressed is absurd.

That said, I’m watching some horrific and terrifying videos smuggled onto YouTube.

I know the consensus here. There is truth in a lot of directions. No one is innocent either.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Quote the whole post. Just like spook would. Lazy and self serving there bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Quote the whole post. Just like spook would.
    Wait, are you accusing each other of being spook?

Did Spook get caught up in all this mess?

Pull through Spook, we're here for ya. Bring Bobby back with ya.
    I still call it The Jake.

Praxis Rx...

Chinese Rat Flu

Truth. But the idea that Chinese women are subservient and oppressed is absurd.

That said, I’m watching some horrific and terrifying videos smuggled onto YouTube.

I know the consensus here. There is truth in a lot of directions. No one is innocent either.
    The looked pretty subservient and oppressed, all five of them, forced to spend the night with a nasty old dude. Teenagers

I go to Japan in two weeks.
    I go to Japan in two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I go to Japan in two weeks.
    I go to Japan in two weeks?
    Really good roller blading there

Last edited by Ripzalot; 02-04-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Not if you’re a peasant.

Jesus dude what kind of crowd are you running with there and what kind of bars & restaurants are you going to? I understand that you were there for 2 weeks, and this was your experience, but it differs vastly from mine.

I work for a Chinese company...I have for the past 4.5 years. They're headquartered in Shanghai and I go there 1 or 2x every year. In total I guess I've been there 6 times or so for about 10 days a pop. So I guess I'm getting close on over a month's worth of time spent in China. I always spend most my time in Shanghai, but have visited Chengdu in Szechuan Province 3 times (about a 3 hour flight west of Shanghai right in the middle of the country), and then a few days in Beijing as well. Aside from Shanghai proper, I spend a lot of time in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech zone where alot of western companies have their campuses located, and also a few outlier "burbs" including Fengxian (closer to the coast) and Qidong (a bit north, on the other side of the Yangtze River).

Anyway, when I go there it is 100% a business trip. And I have never once witnessed this behavior of "Chinese businessman" that you have. Perhaps you just witnessed the behavior of what is known internationally as "assholes" which as we all know we have lots of the US as well. If any one slapped a waitress or whatever as you describe, they'd be kicked out of the place.

When I'm there, I've have company dinners and outings with our CEO, Chairman of the Board, VP's, investors...blah blah blah, and have never witnessed such behavior. If I had witnessed it...I doubt that I'd still be working for this company as that would make me super uncomfortable.

All my colleagues there are extremely professional...like you would expect to find in any Fortune 500 company.....of course there are always bad apples in the bunch that ruin it for everyone I guess.

A lot of my colleagues there have spent significant time in the US...either being trained in PhD or MBA programs in the States or Europe...work for a time abroad, then move back.

Can’t compare Fortune 500 people to the rough crowd cono este travels with in the butt plug and ball gag manufacturing business
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Can’t compare Fortune 500 people to the rough crowd cono este travels with in the butt plug and ball gag manufacturing business
    ha