Page 412 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 41810
    Patriots cheated to buy the masks in 3 2 1
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So Americans call it entering the house these days. I thought it was called having Sex, or making love.
    Depends. Can also be called entering through the mud room, but that is a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Had to wonder when some billionaire would step up to help with this. Good move and probably not as easy to do as you'd think.

And very cool to share so many with NY, too. Props to Kraft
    As a life long hater of al things Patriots, I've got to give kudos to Kraft. Might even root for his team next SuperBowl.

Props to all these companies for chipping in, but it seemed like this was one of the biggest issues for the health caretakers on the front lines. I cleaned out my garage and found three half opened boxes of N95 masks, but no one wanted them because they were open. I just know if I had the means, this would be something I would have pursued.

Trump will spin it his way however he can... but caretakers seriously needed masks and it's an apolitical issue.
    I had no issues passing on my dust masks and respirator a few weeks ago. My county was out across the board except for a few n95 at the hospital. Local FD grabbed mine quickly. And they were opened packages.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Need bigger brains than mine to comment on this.

So they're saying that we should wear a mask and that any mask is better than no mask.

What other common/around the house items/fabric would be more effective for purpose if no proper 'correct' filter material can be sourced?

Hypothesis: inner layer catches the moist breathing/coughing stuff. middle layer...dunno, just there as a layer to slow transmission of inner/outer layer stuff...outer layer catches some of the stuff floating around in the outside air environment?

After use, peel off the filter layers/tape, discard, and decontaminate the periphery mask so that it's ready for future use.

Coffee filter

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Depends.
    mud room

Just how old are these women you’re dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    As a life long hater of al things Patriots, I've got to give kudos to Kraft. Might even root for his team next SuperBowl.

I had no issues passing on my dust masks and respirator a few weeks ago. My county was out across the board except for a few n95 at the hospital. Local FD grabbed mine quickly. And they were opened packages.
    Wow... this is definitely a sign of the end (I would have been glad even if it was Jerry Jones.)

I have given a few out to those I know with compromised immune systems, lung conditions, etc. But the local FD could probably use a few more, so I'll call, thx.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I wonder if he seems normal and nice in real life.
    With the caveat that it's been about 15 years since I've seen Spats IRL: Nice? Yeah, basically. Normal? Hard no.

So, prevalent comorbidities include cardiac disease and diabetes. Smokers whether by cigarettes or otherwise are also more at risk. Bottom map shows smoking prevalence.

The South is fubar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd_all.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	965.4 KB 
ID:	323311

Name:  diagnosed_diabetes.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  StateInfo_smoking1_730px.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  134.2 KB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The South is fubar.
    Not to mention their personal liberties being interrupted. It's their right to share a smoke and a big gulp.

My company is on a war footing against this POS virus.
    First we are playing CIA and gathering intel on it:
    https://investors.adaptivebiotech.co...nership-decode

Now we are developing the heavy cannons and bombs:
    https://investors.adaptivebiotech.co...unce-strategic
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Not to mention their personal liberties being interrupted. It's their right to share a smoke and a big gulp.
    Don't forget cousins in those liberties.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I found this helpful. From Andy Slavitt:
    #StayHome... saves a lot of lives. Here’s how I think about it. If you’re infected & don’t know it (highly likely) and you infect the R0 average of around 2.3 (and that’s being careful), what happens?

After 10 cycles, 4142 people are infected... The case fatality rate is a mystery. Germany with a lot of testing is .4. Italy looks like high single digits. With overcrowded hospitals, it multiplies. Bill Gates says it’s around 1%, but could be 3% with lack of vents. Let’s say 1%. So if you infect 4142 people, that may cause 41 deaths. You’ll never know because there is no contact tracing. Hold that thought— even if you disagree that’s the exact number.

If someone told me if I would be able to save 40 lives if I stayed home, missed school, lost income & missed socializing for 6-10 weeks, I would do it in a second. Everyone would. If it was 4 lives or 1--someone’s mom--we would. For many I know it’s much harder than for me. My point is this— a reporter mentioned how scary this is today. But it’s also empowering. I’ve never had the ability to save 40 lives & impact 40 families like this.

Instead of sitting home feeling like this is pointless, I think about the prize of our sacrifice. 40.

I can’t keep up with this thread, but if this hasn’t been posted yet, worth a watch. Good shit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...f-at-home/amp/

Can you fix ventilators? A fuel cell engineer figures it out:

Since then, a company that knew nothing about ventilators has fixed more than 500 of them. It's a transformation akin to World War II, when manufacturing behemoths used their assembly line expertise to make airplanes and tanks. Now, some companies are tapping their storehouses of brainpower to do the same thing with medical equipment.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/...r-15173305.php

Yup. Alabama is indeed projected to be fucked.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Here's Ohio ... they're in great shape. Kudos to Kasich and DeWine.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.02 PM.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	323319

And here's Alabama. Fucked.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.28 PM.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	323320

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post

Props... very impressive. Let's hope it works.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Spread some sort of invisible virus around? :O

Had daughter "customize" our masks so we know whose is whose... set them in sun for an hour or two after each use.
    You guys get sun down there? Lucky you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

For the facemask crowd, this is from my county's most recent update:

We recommend that you cover your nose and mouth when leaving your home for essential travel to the grocery store, doctor, or pharmacy. Safely cover your face with a bandana or homemade, cotton face covering, reserving hospital grade masks for health care workers and those who are sick.

Studies indicate that there is no reason to not use a face covering as a precaution and wearing something over your nose and mouth can provide an additional layer of protection for those who must go out. Many aren’t aware they are spreading COVID-19 as they carry it without having symptoms, or their symptoms are mild. The spread of the virus occurs primarily through droplets from an infected individual, which fabrics can filter. A face covering helps lessen the risk for a healthy individual to breathe in droplets as well as lessens spread from one who may not realize they’re sick.

Wearing face coverings also serves as a strong message to others that these are not normal times, and that we all need to change our behaviors to stop a devastating epidemic.

As more residents start wearing face coverings, this action may be regarded as an act of solidarity, showing that all residents are on board with the responsible steps needed to reduce the spread of the virus.

Also, face coverings are a good way to remember not to touch your face. Wearing a face covering will deny you access to your own face and make you conscious of how often you are tempted to touch your nose and mouth.

When face coverings are combined with frequent hand washing, they reduce the transmission of infections.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Yup. Alabama is indeed projected to be fucked.

Here's Ohio ... they're in great shape. Kudos to Kasich and DeWine.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.02 PM.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	323319

And here's Alabama. Fucked.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.28 PM.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	323320
    New York numbers are scary on there. But California also notably in good shape with 0 bed/0 ICU bed shortage.

^^^ Huh, a common sense explanation. WTF?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post

Pages won't load for me, Lego. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    With the caveat that it's been about 15 years since I've seen Spats IRL: Nice? Yeah, basically. Normal? Hard no.
    I bought his book here years ago, and it was an enjoyable read. Brains that think up those kind of characters aren't normal (whatever tf that is), but doesn't make it bad. Why be normal?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^ Huh, a common sense explanation. WTF?

Trickledown coronanomics.

Had to wonder when some billionaire would step up to help with this. Good move and probably not as easy to do as you'd think.

And very cool to share so many with NY, too. Props to Kraft
    I've been noticing all the needy looks I've been getting from the ladies when ever I venture into the outdoor world. I had to be tactical purchasing produce out the market yesterday, getting out of there before I brought anything home.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Can relate. I have a security detail to deal with the women throwing themselves at me.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Pages won't load for me, Lego. Just a heads up.
    Huh. Alternate (Geekwire) versions of both:
    https://www.geekwire.com/2020/micros...onse-covid-19/

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/search...uest-new-drug/
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying