Page 26 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Suggest to your coworker that the virus was released by China as cover operation to round up and execute dissidents and troublemakers.

Report back with results
    Turns out your scenario and his are not mutually exclusive. Maybe destabilizing the local government and replacing with Beijing toadies was the avenue to get the dissidents and troublemakers.

Might be a song that never ends.

oh come on. it came from somewhere. who cares? Now that it's here is the interesting part.

I hope it was clear that I'm not trying to explain where it came from. I can't imagine why anyone would believe any of that. But of course now that it's here there will be science--and spin.

no worries jono we're good

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Front row seat to nonstop agony
    Attachment 315981
    Medical staff hugging each other at an isolation ward in Shandong province.
    Is the caption I found. Maybe there's a better one. The picture is all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Dude. How does someone find a vid like that with <1000 views?
    Reddit and other forums. Cant recall the orig source but thats what i hit on when i searched. Theres better ones with more costumes.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I got a friend livjng in Beijing for the last 5 years. He was on a 10 day luxury dive trip in the Maldives when it broke out. Extended his trip to 45 days. Poor guy. Says there are tons of deals to be had because of cancellations.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Oh, for sure. Now is the time to book a Spring trip to Euro tourist cities. No Chinese has to mean good deals in a lot of places.

I heard that they consisted of over 25% of the present worldwide tourist mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, for sure. Now is the time to book a Spring trip to Euro tourist cities. No Chinese has to mean good deals in a lot of places.
    I heard that they consisted of over 25% of the present worldwide tourist mania.
    Imagine Venice without Chinese tourists, or Paris, and going to the Louvre with out lines...
    -China is 18.5% of the world population.
    -Equivalent to the population of North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, and all of Western Europe combined.
    -There are over 160 cities in China with a population over one million people. In the United States, there are nine

AMA from a cruise ship passenger. Quarantine/incubation from the inside. They seem well treated, except that they continue to fall ill.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/AMA/comment...d_the_diamond/
    I'm curious why this quarantine appears to have failed, but have seen nothing about it.

CDC not doing the best <insert polyass comment>
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/brewin...s-cdc-response
    Arguably, they think most likely no one is sick, so no need for precautions?

Would like to see the world's responsible governments making a stronger effort to support each other and get this pandemic stopped. If say Iran demonstrated it had effective plans to kill 2% of our leaders (leaders are mostly old and susceptible), the response would be stronger than this.

Perhaps a public information campaign about how to limit spread. Maybe guarantee orders to factories making preventive and treatment supplies, and freely ship supplies and aid to any country in need. Idk, something (besides another round of golf). Get the experts in a room and spit out a plan
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

Would like to see the world's responsible governments making a stronger effort to support each other and get this pandemic stopped. If say Iran demonstrated it had effective plans to kill 2% of our leaders (leaders are mostly old and susceptible), the response would be stronger than this.

Perhaps a public information campaign about how to limit spread. Maybe guarantee orders to factories making preventive and treatment supplies, and freely ship supplies and aid to any country in need. Idk, something (besides another round of golf). Get the experts in a room and spit out a plan
    US economy to fragile. Can’t risk election year slow down.

So the cruise ship quarantine is interesting.
    If you have a sample of 300 plus and no one dies even though infection is rampant.
    There have been multiple cruise ships. I have yet to hear of a death there
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So the cruise ship quarantine is interesting.
    If you have a sample of 300 plus and no one dies even though infection is rampant.
    There have been multiple cruise ships. I have yet to hear of a death there
    Hospitalizations lag symptoms by a week. Deaths lag hospitalizations for by a week+. Too early to tell. If past predicts future, there will be 5 or 6 deaths over the next month from the current set of cruise ship patients (no risk adjustment for comorbidities or age).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I’d rather be in prison than trapped on that ship. I’d have grabbed my swim fins and gone overboard by now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm curious why this quarantine appears to have failed,
    Close quarters (understatement) on a giant floating toilet.

This has to have hurt a lot of industry. No one is at the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s not meant to prevent spread on the boat so much as prevent spread from the boat. Also they didn’t limit the interpersonal interactions amongst the crew so that could easily be a vector to spread it all around the ship.

In this day and age, with what we know about how viruses spread through cruise ships like wildfire, Im surprised anyone got on board a cruiseship in Asia in January.

Plus the crew hasn't been quarantined from each other and some have gotten sick and they interact with the passengers, bringing them food and whatnot.

edit: like Bennymac said just before me.
    Last edited by iceman; 02-17-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It’s not meant to prevent spread on the boat so much as prevent spread from the boat. Also they didn’t limit the interpersonal interactions amongst the crew so that could easily be a vector to spread it all around the ship.

In this day and age, with what we know about how viruses spread through cruise ships like wildfire, Im surprised anyone got on board a cruiseship in Asia in January.
    You underestimate the attractive power cruise ships have on people. Like moths to a lamp.

The health section of Google News is 90% coronavirus stories now and has been for weeks. Christ it's gotten annoying and there's no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    You underestimate the attractive power cruise ships have on people. Like moths to a lamp.
    I wonder if there was a factor where you couldn’t cancel your trip via travel insurance without a formal travel restriction or advisory from your home country. Like you yourself are not sick so you can’t get a medical exemption and the insurance companies don’t want to lose money so they say no refunds until formal restrictions are in place. Then people have an added financial incentive to continue with their travel plans and roll the dice.

I still wouldn’t have gotten on a cruise ship in Asia in January but everyone has different thresholds for risk (and some people don’t read the news)

Travel Guard has a thing you can pay extra for--cancel for any reason--but it only covers 50%.

Controlling this thing is tough--long incubation period, large numbers of asymptomatic carriers, high transmissibility by airborne, physical contact, virus on surfaces, occurring in densely populated areas--large cities, cruise ships. Compared to Ebola, for example, where transmission is by fluids, hazmat suits are protective, no healthy carriers running around and the sick can't do much running around, population is not often internationally mobile, except for the western volunteers, most outbreaks have been in relatively sparsely populated areas. Probably the closest thing is influenza which controls itself (usually). Hopefully this one will too.

You thinkin about an Asia cruise Goat? Strong move.

If say Iran demonstrated it had effective plans to kill 2% of our leaders (leaders are mostly old and susceptible), the response would be stronger than this.
    Were this indeed the case, any real American would be asking "What can I do to help?".
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

i'm out a K for canceling on a SE asia trip but I don't care
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know