Page 361 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 41810
    Maybe a repost, but what the heck...

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Next up, mass graves.
    whats your over/under on deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Word on the street for a few Seattle school districts is that they’ll open early May. District’s believing the children’s education and parental job situation as a driver. Gates foundation is providing info to one district my wife teaches for - forecasting 5/4 school start provides enough curve clearance. We’re down
    Seems kind of strange given Bill Gates is advocating for a nationwide lockdown for up to 10 weeks.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fire/ EMS Update #.......I don't fucking remember. SW Edition.

We are at 134 confirmed in NM. Had our first fatality yesterday: 70 y/o male with long list of underlying health conditions.
    At our current response rate, we forecast being out of masks in 78 days, out of gowns in 7. That is at the current rate, which will only increase.
    The two dedicated COVID-19 response units are up and responding. They are busy.
    Continuing to screen all of our members prior to them entering any of our facilities. Started on Tuesday, and have sent two home for quarantine.
    Speaking of quarantine, all of our members that had high risk exposures are asymptomatic and back at work.
    The Gov announced today that all schools in NM are closed remainder of the school year. My girls are pretty upset. As is Mrs. Seano.
    Man, if you want to NOT feel optimistic about the future, sit in on one of my biweekly meetings with our Medical Director and Emergency Manager. I was asked if, worst case scenario, would we have personnel available to help with body disposal from hospitals. Absolutely fucking not, I replied. The EM is trying to locate dedicated refrigeration trucks to act as temp morgues, I shit you not.
    And as a reminder that our job still goes on despite the pandemic, we had a house fire early this morning where two of our members went right through the fucking floor of a two story house. Mayday called, RIT dispatched, the whole nine yards. Located and removed with only minor injuries. Homeowner died.
    Finally, for all of you mags struggling with this, and that is an ever growing list unfortunately, I wish you all the best. Some of the stories hear are gut wrenching. Peace to all of you, and I will continue to update as much as I can.... AND STAY THE FUCK HOME PEOPLE.
    Diamond Joe, where you at?
    we'll use ice rings as morgues. just like they are doing in Madrid (Spain not NM) now...

and the number of cases jumped to 191 today.
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 03-27-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Seems kind of strange given Bill Gates is advocating for a nationwide lockdown for up to 10 weeks.
    I’ve been a homebody and now quarantined since 3/8 as have many around here. Maybe that’s part of the basis

No. A 2020 tax credit, and an immediate advance against the credit.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people still think this is a $ 1200.00 cash payment. Its a no interest loan.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    whats your over/under on deaths?
    Why are you asking me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    I am sure that is not going to make you feel any better but, they're already using refrigerated trucks in New York City.
    In Spain they are using an ice skating rink.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of people still think this is a $ 1200.00 cash payment. Its a no interest loan.
    I believe the term you’re looking for is “temporary refund adjustment”.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I’ve been a homebody and now quarantined since 3/8 as have many around here. Maybe that’s part of the basis
    but his emphasis was on nationwide all at the same time. the time frame was 6 to 10 weeks. So maybe they're just hoping it's 6. His timeframe also depended on changes happening that have not, and it's been three days (also known as 1 doubling) since then

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    In Spain they are using an ice skating rink.
    We don’t have a lot of rinks in Albuquerque.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I think the Gates thing was because parts of the country will get this in a big way quite a bit later than others so, best to have the Feds just keep it locked down until it's all clear (as much as possible) everywhere. Places that got it early would be over the rush and chomping at the bit before the whole thing was over. I think it's a pretty poor idea overall.

NYC rumor is they're building a morgue on East 23rd St. in a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I believe the term you’re looking for is “temporary refund adjustment”.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What if you remain unemployed, and don’t have any income to report for 2020?
    I’ll ask my wife.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    We don’t have a lot of rinks in Albuquerque.
    two. no? one in the Hights and one in Rio Rancho

edit: google says there are three..
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 03-27-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You can dismiss this if you want, because it's MSNBC and Rachel Maddie. Sigh. Did anyone catch the guest she had that was talking about data from a smart thermometer? I didn't see all of it. It was interesting. It sounds like this company has been able to map influenza spread in the past with a high degree of accuracy and about two weeks ahead of the CDC. Therefore, they have been mapping potential Corona spread by subtracting historical influenza data. I wish I had seen the whole thing.
    https://healthweather.us/
    I’ve been using this for awhile at work to track flu even prior to COVID.
    it doesn’t track corona but it’s gives a sense of where infections are concentrated and growing.
    It aggregates data from their thermometers which are connected to the interwebz.
    they say it’s anonymous....
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You can buy them on the market for $5/test. From an e-mail from a guy I bought some bluetooth software from:
    You might wanna read this

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...8udGseDz2AuGB4
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

What do the med types in here think of the vitamins angle?
    I eat a healthy diet of home cooked meats and veggies, things might get a little tough if we get a tidal wave of death I probably won’t get more veggies.
    Still have been eating plenty so far though.

I had given up on multi vitamins with reports out that the body pissed most of it away anyway.

I do happen to have some 1000mg vit C, and 250mg magnesium I took when I had that fracture. So I’ve been taking those. Considering the merits of getting either some straight Vit D (cant remember what else was being touted) and or just a multi vitamin. Couldn’t hurt I suppose but just one more thing in the shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think the Gates thing was because parts of the country will get this in a big way quite a bit later than others so, best to have the Feds just keep it locked down until it's all clear (as much as possible) everywhere. Places that got it early would be over the rush and chomping at the bit before the whole thing was over. I think it's a pretty poor idea overall.

NYC rumor is they're building a morgue on East 23rd St. in a parking lot.
    we shall see. we do seem to be going headlong into tragedy. I would not be surprised if our death total tops 400 today. Should be another large addition from New York as well as smaller from Cali, Nv, and Oregon. That (even much less than that) puts us well ahead of the trajectory that gets us to 10k/day by easter which will truly represent a tragedy of unprecedented proportions. Keep in mind the worst flu season was around 60k deaths over a roughly 13 week period. We could be approaching that by Easter, with a peak still weeks off.

Sun Valley has one of the highest per-capita rates of confirmed coronavirus infections in America.

what about my theory - swallow a capsule containing a small amount of covid virus - capsule dissolves in your stomach - virus causes gi illness (vomitting, stomach pains, diarrhea) for a week or two - immune system kicks and and deals with it - you get "immunity" - lungs never see the virus so stay "safe and healthy"

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Sun Valley has one of the highest per-capita rates of confirmed coronavirus infections in America.
    A lot of these small ski town are at the top of the charts. However it all depends on how that county is testing, treating, and recording this info. For instance Summit, CO is reporting 10 cases, but they aren't testing every person, only those that are admitted to the hospital. Most people with mild symptoms are being told to quarantine and not get tested. The next county over, Eagle, they seem to be testing much more frequently, and what do ya know? They have the 2nd most per capita in the state. Maybe affluence attributes to more people getting tested too, or just hospital system in each county being different. Lastly, in a small community that is being counted per capita, it is easy for one to skew high or low, just based on statistical modeling. Larger numbers will always give more accurate, reliable data, and Sun Valley or Eagle, don't have big numbers.

Also, Cocaine seems to be a great way to spread around a virus that attacks the respiratory system. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Gunnison county (Crested Butte) is now at 70 confirmed with 52 pending and a population of 17K. And they have only been testing those at high risk. New cases are staying low, at least. Nationwide, I think things are going to be nuts in a week or so, both deaths and new cases since most locations aren't doing enough.

Lots of moaning when the ski resorts shut down a couple weeks ago. I bet a lot of people in Sun Valley see it differently now.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    we shall see. we do seem to be going headlong into tragedy. I would not be surprised if our death total tops 400 today. Should be another large addition from New York as well as smaller from Cali, Nv, and Oregon. That (even much less than that) puts us well ahead of the trajectory that gets us to 10k/day by easter which will truly represent a tragedy of unprecedented proportions. Keep in mind the worst flu season was around 60k deaths over a roughly 13 week period. We could be approaching that by Easter, with a peak still weeks off.
    Oregon just increased # confirmed cases by about 33% in one day. We now have 18 known infections in that little dot in the middle of OR on the NYT map.

Problem still is in OR we've only tested 0.2% of the population. S Korea tested 0.5%, or 2.5x more. So I remain skeptical of trends, not knowing how much is due to increased availability of testing and how much is real.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    what about my theory - swallow a capsule containing a small amount of covid virus - capsule dissolves in your stomach - virus causes gi illness (vomitting, stomach pains, diarrhea) for a week or two - immune system kicks and and deals with it - you get "immunity" - lungs never see the virus so stay "safe and healthy"

Something to digest.

https://www.mcknights.com/news/clini...w-study-finds/

Gastrointestinal symptoms are much more common in COVID-19 patients than originally thought, with nearly half presenting with digestive problems, according to a study published Wednesday in The American Journal of Gastroenterology.

While most patients do exhibit respiratory symptoms, others may have GI symptoms as their chief complaint, the authors found. Among 204 hospital patients studied, the most common issues were a marked loss of appetite (83% of study subjects), diarrhea (29%), vomiting, and abdominal pain. A few patients had no initial respiratory symptoms at all.

Digestive symptoms were also tied to worse outcomes including higher mortality risk. Patients with GI issues had a longer time between symptom onset and hospital admission, compared to their peers without these symptoms. Meanwhile, those without digestive symptoms were more likely to be cured and discharged than the cohort with gastrointestinal issues (60% versus 34%)
    Move upside and let the man go through...