Page 355 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's the 700Club's news outlet. She's speaking to the brain dead evangelicals, and the "reporter" isn't gonna push back

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Try to wake up and get to markets at opening. Less crowds, better stocked.
    I was there as soon as the senior hour ended. Couldn't have been there any earlier. Still 100 people in the store.

We're set for weeks (not hoarding), but other people insist on going every couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    but other people insist on going every couple of days.
    You must be going to the store a lot to know that

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Another reason to avoid getting sick ... you can't afford it.

The cost of hospitalization for someone privately insured with COVID-19 could top $20,000. If the patient needs a ventilator, the bill could average $88,000.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...oyer-coverage/
    and the $88k is based on 'stays longer than 96 hours' when the ventilator support needed typically requires much more than that for covid cases.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Our county’s rate is high too but it means little since they’ve only given out 50 tests total.

Went to the grocery store today... supposed to be a 30 customer limit at one time. There were easily 100 people shopping. Half of them were shopping for 2 days, not 2 weeks. One elderly woman had on an N95 to buy one carton of orange juice. People are freakin idiots.
    Not sure we can be too angry about people not wearing mask and shopping for two days. First of all, there are no mask available, so pretty tough to wear something you don't have, second, people may be trying to prioritize their availability to health professionals?

I have been watching Amazon for even just the disposable mask that would protect others from my (not N95) and earliest deliveries are middle of May. I agree we should all be wearing them in public right now to protect each other, but I just can't find any.

Then, everyone bitches about the hoarding, but we want everyone to buy two weeks of food? Grocery supply chains are not set up for that. Hell, sometimes we buy lettuce or fruit and if you don't eat it in a couple days it goes bad. Or the clicklist people grab already brown lettuce. Also, people are hording beef and chicken. Should I buy two weeks worth of breakfast sausage and ribs?

Last time I was in the El Jebel City Market, everyone was pretty respectful about space, etc....except the stocking people who would come right up next to me to put stuff on the shelves. I went in the middle of the afternoon.

How are the stocking levels up in Aspen? I keep praying we can somehow stop the spread in the valley and stay locked down. If we can't do it in a valley that currently has one way in and one way out...big cities don't stand a chance.

To the poster that said this will make or break America...I don't foresee it breaking us. Hopefully it pulls us together....but we as a country have been through and survived much worse. Gotta have some faith!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

ARNP wife works in the internal medicine clinic, assigned to flu clinic today, testing for Covid-19. She will be expected to use her N-95 mask multiple days.

huh?
    Sorry - should have added the

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It's the 700Club's news outlet. She's speaking to the brain dead evangelicals, and the "reporter" isn't gonna push back
    Playing to the crowd in a pandemic. Pefect.

I cannot keep up with this thread, so sorry if this has been posted already.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...dy?language=en

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree with that sentiment. I have people texting me asking if I have enough masks. I have a small amount of N95s I've gathered knowing I'll have to reuse for several days when our surge hits.

At the current burn rate, without a surge, PPE will be depleted at our hospital in 3-4 wks. That is also when we are expected to see the peak number of cases. Not having PPE also means that I cant do the work that is so important, that best case scenario all my in hospital consults are telephonic or video based. That means I also cant back up the hospitalists and intensivists and give them support.

The majority of clinicians I talk to about PPE running out--folks are either ambivalent or hard no about seeing patients if that were the case. I'm not sure the general public or public service officials understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    All of our grocery stores are only open to seniors from 7-9am, which is awesome IMHO.
    While I totally get it and think it's probably the best policy given the situation, it also sucks for us younger folks. Each time we've tried to hit up the store as soon as senior hour is over, they straight ransacked the place and all staples have been cleaned out. That's after the stores done a FULL overnight stocking. If it wasn't for MY elderly dad, who has thankfully hooked us up with what we need, there's little chance we could've had eggs and such these last couple weeks. It's nuts. Glad we live in the same town as him or we'd be screwed. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    While I totally get it and think it's probably the best policy given the situation, it also sucks for us younger folks. Each time we've tried to hit up the store as soon as senior hour is over, they straight ransacked the place and all staples have been cleaned out. That's after the stores done a FULL overnight stocking.
    According to your Lt. Gov., these oldies should be delivering groceries to the youngsters.

While I totally get it and think it's probably the best policy given the situation, it also sucks for us younger folks. Each time we've tried to hit up the store as soon as senior hour is over, they straight ransacked the place and all staples have been cleaned out. That's after the stores done a FULL overnight stocking. If it wasn't for MY elderly dad, who has thankfully hooked us up with what we need, there's little chance we could've had eggs and such these last couple weeks. It's nuts. Glad we live in the same town as him or we'd be screwed. Haha.

Too bad you don't have any friends to shop for you. Must suck.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Good/bad news for Italy. Their daily increase in new cases continues to decline slightly. Bad news is that almost 1K people lost their lives yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 1.03.43 PM.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	322510

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 1.03.55 PM.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	322511

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    I'm right next door in Bronxville. Tight lockdown here, police out yelling at anyone that they need to stay inside (as they should). Chief of police says many people in our town have it including an 18 year old on a ventalator. I have a neighbor/friend who has it -- mid-40s and in good health.
    Oh, hi there neighbor.

We do get out every 3 days or so to take out trash.
    Wash our hands 20 plus seconds, wear disposal medical gloves to touch things and get out in the middle of the night when no one's around.
    It's from our door to dumpster and back.
    But that's probably the highlight of days.

Otherwise we are locked up in 900sf. two bedroom apartment with no balcony.
    We didn't have much cabin fever due to physical discomfort.
    But now that my boyfriend is feeling better, he's going stir crazy.

Maybe dump can pop by with some big macs
    #supportthebase

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I think we're about 30 days out from a vast number of very sad and depressed people in this country. Just thinking about that makes me sad.

This is going to be a time period that is going to make or break this nation.
    I'm so curious to see how this all shakes out on so many levels. Break us? Possibly...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Try to wake up and get to markets at opening. Less crowds, better stocked.
    Or come over here to NY where the stores are quiet and well stocked again. I was amazed at how few people were in the market in Yorktown yesterday and the meat dept was fully stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Really lost a lot of respect for her with those remarks. Plus her comments yesterday on the modeling data are generally thought to be flawed.
    Yes, at yesterday's press conference she repeated the Daily Wire story on Imperial College London revising total deaths down to 20k without explaining what was really stated and why. She just threw it out and said we would look into it. This despite @neil_ferguson clearing up what he really meant based on the misinformation that is being circulated by right wing media. It was like Trump ordered her to say that, so she did.

Just like you and your dad, I suspect many elderly are using the opportunity to support their extended family during their privileged shopping periods. Thus the shortages when you 'younger folk' visit the store. I've seen similar excuses visiting the stores locally - when someone is confronted for appearing to over-supply/hoard, the most common response is that they are buying for someone else as well. Love those double-edged swords.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Oh, hi there neighbor.

We do get out every 3 days or so to take out trash.
    Wash our hands 20 plus seconds, wear disposal medical gloves to touch things and get out in the middle of the night when no one's around.
    It's from our door to dumpster and back.
    But that's probably the highlight of days.

Otherwise we are locked up in 900sf. two bedroom apartment with no balcony.
    We didn't have much cabin fever due to physical discomfort.
    But now that my boyfriend is feeling better, he's going stir crazy.
    I spent my formative years in Pelham, can I come to your BBQ this weekend?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I spent my formative years in Pelham, can I come to your BBQ this weekend?
    Not this weekend.
    I'm fully committed with engagements.
    Hang out with my cat, comfort stir crazed boyfriend, prep 3 meals for a human and a cat, naps, watch TV to catch up with the latest news...
    I'll let you know when my weekend opens up.

New Orleans putting beds in its Convention Center for overflow. Sorry, but tons of popups.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...548c2ae28.html
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

The Lawd works in mysterious ways.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    And most likely if they're on a vent then you get a nice bill to pay after they die. Lovely. USA!
    I'm a bit surprised its that low. There's about a 0% chance a week long stay in ICU can be had for anywhere close to 20k.