Page 291 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Our dear leader ...

All pre market crash too if he'd said anything alarming you'd now be blaming him causing panic for the crash. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://youtu.be/zDAmPIq29ro

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    I think we are going to get to the point where we modify our 911 triage system and EMD cards and just won’t respond on these calls anymore as this shit progresses.
    We already have a big PR campaign urging symptomatic pts not to call and that they will be lower priority if they do.
    I agree, we're already working on it with our medical director. We've had at least one call that I know of where the ER doc refused the patient after being given the HEAR report.

Our current protocols sound similar to others here. Dispatch asks a series of questions and lets us know the patient is high risk of corona, we ask the patient to meet us outside if they are able, one medic meets the patient and places them in a surgical mask before we start care/vitals, while the rest of the crew stays safe distance.

I like the idea of working with area hotels to have rooms on standby for quarantined firefighters. We have an old empty station that we've re-furnished to some level where we could quarantine.

Keep sharing stories and ideas from your department and area, I've picked up some helpful stuff here.
    Last edited by zion zig zag; 03-22-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    All pre market crash too if he'd said anything alarming you'd now be blaming him causing panic for the crash. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://youtu.be/zDAmPIq29ro

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    False statements and failure to act quickly was never a good plan.

I hope the hired help are doing everything they can to infect as many of the 1% as possible. Cough on every rich fuck's doorknobs, car keys, mail, faucets, etc.

It's the least they can do.

The safest country in the world now seems to be China....https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    The safest country in the world now seems to be China....https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Not necessarily. Based on Chinese criteria, asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers are NOT counted as confirmed cases.

https://twitter.com/tony_zy/status/1241376933675438081

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Trump is a compulsive liar so no, nobody is going to be fair to him, ever. Too fucking bad for him, he's a fucking clown. If he cured cancer, no I'm not fucking going to believe him. I'm sure he does some great things in office, no I'm not giving a shit about it. He doesn't deserve any sympathy when he doesn't get credit for doing something good. That has to eat him up as narcissist, right? "No credit for me, i'm a grown man and public servant, boo-hoo". Who cares. And of course that clown does some good shit, no i'm not going to look what that shit is to credit a crook and molester.

And the 'cure cancer' concept republicans use now works well when he is caught in bold face lives that endanger the american people, now they can say, oh, it's not true it's just dems being unfair. Then sweep the lie under the rug right in front of people like Spats who drink the koolaid. It's insanity. You all are insane. Both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is unpossible from a pr perspective, as much as you wish it could happen. Think of the reaction it would have.
    Cities nationwide will be doing enhanced 911 triage as i described, just watch.
    Much less of a pr prob than hospitals determining that some pts won’t get vents.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I hope the hired help are doing everything they can to infect as many of the 1% as possible. Cough on every rich fuck's doorknobs, car keys, mail, faucets, etc.

Are you saying that now might be a good time for them to send a letter to their senator?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I agree, we're already working on it with our medical director. We've at least had one call that I know of where the ER doc refused the patient after being given the HEAR report.

Our current protocols sound similar to others here. Dispatch asks a series of questions and lets us know the patient is high risk of corona, we ask the patient to meet us outside if they are able, one medic meets the patient and places them in a surgical mask before we start care/vitals, while the rest of the crew stays safe distance.

I like the idea of working with area hotels to have rooms on standby for quarantined firefighters. We have an old empty station that we've re-furnished to some level where we could quarantine.

Keep sharing stories and ideas from your department and area, I've picked up some helpful stuff here.
    Yep we are doing exactly that. If AMR beats us to the call or if we arrive on scene simultaneously, they go in and let us know if they need help, since they will be exposed during transport anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Not necessarily. Based on Chinese criteria, asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers are NOT counted as confirmed cases.

https://twitter.com/tony_zy/status/1241376933675438081
    Ahh.. Thanks!
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

This guy flew to China a few days ago (from England). Crazy.

https://twitter.com/LukasHenselEcon/...94951177302016

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Are you saying that now might be a good time for them to send a letter to their senator?
    You're picking up what I'm putting down.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Sanity
    No surprise, BGnight’s zerohedge article is terrible.

As others have pointed out using back of the envelope curve fitting rather than the sophisticated statistical methods used by epidemiologists is a glaring and obvious red flag. BGnight’s source, unwittingly perhaps, admits from the start they are unqualified “You don’t need a special degree to understand what the data says and doesn’t say.”

Just like Spats saying earlier “the curve is already starting to flatten out,” the author says growth rates are slowing/not accelerating, but the fact is early testing occurred in case dense areas, tests included people in all stages of the disease, and now global testing strategy necessarily shifted as the virus spread. Arguing the curve is already flattening out at this stage is just ignorance of how early data points below certain values truncates the data.

It’s gross incompetence. All the bell-curve nonsense, ignorance of the fact flattening the curve also decreases total epidemic size, misunderstanding virus seasonality versus “burning off” completely, using a source to claim only 1% of cases are severe when the same source says 2.3% of all cases died (seriously, WTF?).

It’s a total hack job.

I've had that shitbag on ignore for over a hundred pages. Makes it tolerable to skim through this thread when I have a sec

Why would you not immediately ignore any fucktard who posts zerohedge? It's like they are jumping up and down screaming "I'm an idiot, pay no attention!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

This ought to help:

FDA Approves First Rapid COVID-19 Test:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...zcVVFKRh_3OJ8Q

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I've had that shitbag on ignore for over a hundred pages.

Why would you not immediately ignore any fucktard who posts zerohedge?
    ZH is the TGR of financial forums

Shitposting on a grand scale.

I used to read it ten years ago, trying to understand monetary policy and the recession
    These days it’s like monkeys n a cage. Flinging poo. Or TGR in summertime.
    . . .

Holy crap. CNN calls in Spicoli for his learned opinion about how to fight this thing. And Spicoli calls for an immediate military crackdown! Dudes. Holy shit, we're doomed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ac360/sta...-human-skin%2f

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy crap. CNN calls in Spicoli for his learned opinion about how to fight this thing. And Spicoli calls for an immediate military crackdown! Dudes. Holy shit, we're doomed.

Righteous
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

I used to read it ten years ago, trying to understand monetary policy and the recession
    It is way worse than this place, the racism and "kill the Jews" is pretty over the top there, but every now and then I will get a little bit of knowledge I didn't have on the markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Something tells me that they'll be a big voice in the crazed internet prepper world for the next decade after all this.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

Speaking of the elderly 1%, how are your folks doing?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Speaking of the elderly 1%, how are your folks doing?
    Hahaha, I'm a self-loathing child of privilege, guilty as charged.

They seem to be doing alright. They're 61 and 62, so borderline elderly, haha. My dad hasn't gotten sick, but he finally shut his practice down on Tuesday through the end of the month and is already going stir crazy because he's a workaholic. Compulsive yardwork and happy hour starting around 3:30 seems to be the name of the game for him lately.

My mom had a 100-101.7 fever for about 3-4 days earlier this week and generally felt like ass. She didn't get tested, but based on her symptoms, she may very well have had it. The aforementioned fever, bad sore throat, headaches, zero energy, and now she's coughing up tons of gnarly stuff. Her fever and sore throat are gone though, so it seems she's on the mend.

Both of my grandmothers are still alive, and needless to say, there's some worry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Sean Penn is the real deal. He went to Haiti after the earthquake and never left, still helping people there I think. They had that nasty cholera outbreak there too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For the guitar heads to consider when they purchase something in the future.

https://paydayreport.com/gibson-guit...ring-covid-19/